1,440
Price:$13.15 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-10 of 272 reviews (4 star)show all reviews
on October 10, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
Primarily, I use the Just Dance games for a fun, light-intensity cardio workout - I buy all the expansion packs and extra songs, because I love having all the content and it makes an hour long workout much more enjoyable. Honestly, I would have been satisfied with this one if it had just been new songs, but Just Dance 3 is a full-blown sequel to the series with all new content, modes, and improvements.

PROS
- The game is /finally/ designed to be played straight through without going back to the song selection screen each time! For those of us who like to workout, this is probably the best feature. There are premade playlists for workout routine featuring high octave songs, or a playlist with all 'extreme' three-physics point songs. Even in standard play, the game automatically chooses a random song as a 'next' feature as well as allowing you to choose to pick a song if you want. And there's party mode that just keeps playing songs over and over; absolutely excellent!

- There's a medal and point system involved now, which helps you unlock new and extra content. The medals are a cool incentive to keep dancing, with goals such as 'Finish a Song with No X's!' and 'Gain 300 Sweat Points and 3 Stars on a song!". To unlock extra content seems fairly easy: you just keep dancing, and eventually you score enough mojo points to get a new song, mode, or dance mash up. I've only been playing for a little over two hours all together, and I've already got Simon Says mode, an extra song, and a dance mashup.

- Tons of multiplayer fun; the Dance crew/party modes are very fun, and this is a game well-designed for group play. The routines are silly and enjoyable, and there are even more complex numbers for groups. Imagine doing a disco group line-up version of Boogie Wonderland, complete with a line at the end. Incredibly fun. Also, for those playing by themselves - duets and dance crew allow you to choose to play the part of any character. In a way, this means dance crew and duets are two-to-four extra routines for some songs.

- The same old variety in songs which we love, this sequel has everything from Bollywood to the Super Sentai theme song (think Power Rangers). There's a lot of fun dances, like a very accurate version of 'Let's Go to the Mall' from How I Met Your Mother and a cheerleader team version of Britney Spear's Baby One More Time. All in all, there's a lot of fun, uptempo dances here in a variety of styles. While you do have to unlock content, make no mistake, the game loads with over 30 songs.

- Game modes and other ways of playing the dancing games.

CONS:
- This game was pretty clearly designed for XBOX 360 Kinect in mind, and the arm movements are a lot less complex than the previous Just Dance games. There's a lot of small, subtle gestures that don't work well with the Wiimote, and a LOT LOT LOT of footwork/getting up and down that the Wii game obviously can't really recognize. And sometimes the dance moves seem very simplified and repetitive, like for a tracking system to pick up. It's not incredibly noticeable, but I've thought once or twice, 'Oh, I guess this song would be better on Kinect...'. I think that might be why another reviewer found the moves 'less fun' than Just Dance 2. I'm not too upset, the moving up and down, back and forth is good for the heart-rate. It's just not going to be easy to get that Gold Medal for a Perfect Score.

- While this is obviously a party game, I was a little annoyed because it seems like the one-player mode has gone down a bit? Now when you're doing a duet/group dance with one wii-mote, it shows you EVERYONE's moves. It makes it a little unnecessarily confusing, especially when it's one of the four player dances which aren't very solo player friendly, and end up with me bobbing and waiting for it to be my own turn, ha.

- They seem to have taken away the sort by physics/technical mode feature? That was helpful when I was working out. I miss it.

All in all, this still definitely feels like an enjoyable sequel and I'm totally satisfied with buying it. That said, it feels like it wasn't designed for the Wii system and the solo-play sometimes drops the ball, but honestly, well worth a buy.
on December 4, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
I purchased this game after playing Dance Central for X-Box Kinect at a friend's house. I only have a Wii, but I wanted a dance game of my own. Here is my 2 cents Just Dance 3 for Wii:

PROS:
*Has a wide variety of fun songs for people of all ages
*It makes exercise fun! I am relatively fit, and I was sweating as we played, and sore the next day. It's wonderful exercise!!
*You can play with 4 people (on all songs)!! That is a major bonus that Dance Central does NOT offer (it has only 1 or 2 player options).
*The game is a lot of fun!!
*This is the dance game for lazy people. Depending on your view, this might be a pro or a con. My husband says it's a pro so I'll list it here. You can just wave your arm and still get a score (sometimes better than the people that were actually dancing).

CONS:
*A HUGE flaw in this game is that you cannot practice the individual moves of the song. That was one of my favorite parts to the Dance Central game. You could break down the individual moves and practice them. With this game it just goes. You don't have time to study the diagrams, and know what they mean. You don't have time to practice the trickier moves. Your only option is to re-play the whole song if you are struggling with a move.
*The wii-mote does not always register the dance moves correctly (even with fresh batteries). My sister on one song was just waving her arms wildly around, and got a better score than the other 3 people who were doing the moves perfectly. If the remote goes behind your back, or gets out of range of the sensor, or you point it in the wrong direction, or a number of other things, it doesn't pick it up right. If you don't care about your score, and are just dancing to have fun, this will not be an issue for you. Don't count on it registering properly.
*Unlike the kinect, it doesn't register your whole body. Your footwork doesn't matter at all. This makes for 2 cons: 1)The footwork is fast, and there is no way to study it and know if you are getting it properly. 2)Consequently, this game has a lot of arm motions. It's very tiring on the arms.
VINE VOICEon November 22, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
I love these games! Great music, lots of fun, and it makes you sweat a whole lot - but that's a good thing.. you exercise without feeling like it's work. I am a bigger girl, but I can move with the best of them. That's the beauty of these games.. no matter your skill level of dancing or your weight - you can have fun with these games. I do however, like Just Dance 2 slightly better. I think it might be the music choices - lot more songs I have actually heard of. But I do like the new feature of JD3 that allows you to learn 4 part choreography - each person, up to 4 players, doing a different dance move all at once. Other than that, this game is similar to the other two games that proceeded it. If you are a fan of those, you will love this game too.
on October 11, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
I didn't think it was possible to have even MORE fun than Just Dance 2 but it's true...Just Dance 3 is da bomb! My family and I are enjoying the new features - Simon Says, medal achievements and unlocking mash-ups. This gives players even more incentive to keep coming back to try and win more medals and unlock new content. The only reason for 4 stars is the one improvement I had hoped UbiSoft would make didn't happen...increasing the number of characters for a player's name. My daughter has 7 letters in her name and it doesn't fit. I believe the name field is limited to 5 characters. A minor frustration but certainly doesn't distract from this calorie-burning, giggle-inducing dance game!
on October 8, 2011
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
I was really excited about Just Dance 3 coming out and so far it's been worth the wait. The song selection is great and there are some nice new features, especially with the Just Sweat function. For example, you can choose a theme (pop, 80s, rock, etc) so you don't have to keep choosing a song to dance to. There are also better features for group dancing. I would definitely recommend buying this if you're into the Just Dance series. However, this could be just my opinion, but I don't think the dance moves are as fun as Just Dance 2. Still worth buying, though.
on February 2, 2012
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
The game is very fun and draws in the whole family. Also, it is terrific exercise, especially in winter when it is snowy and rainy and the kids spend a lot of time inside. Only complaint: I play this game with my young kids, and some of the songs have mature lyrics. For instance, when one of my kids memorized the lyrics to "Promiscuous", I realized that maybe there are some songs that we should skip.

So, very fun, great exercise, lots of replayability. Well implemented, very fun for the whole family. However, if your kids are young, you may prefer to skip a couple of the songs.
on January 22, 2012
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
I purchased Just Dance 3 with Zumba Fitness 2 a few weeks ago. I was mainly looking for a way to exercise when it's too cold to go for a good jog that was both fun and cheaper than a gym membership. At under $40 a game, I couldn't resist.

I decided to give Just Dance 3 the first trial. Unlike Zumba, it doesn't require any accessories, which means playing with a friend is possible so long as you have another remote sitting around. Creating a profile takes a few seconds, and setting up a 7-Day Challenge takes only a few more. There are three options when it comes to weekly goals.

1. Equivalent to Walking 30 minutes a day - On average, you must play 1-2 songs each day for seven days to complete the goal.
2. Equivalent to Jogging 30 minutes a day - On average, you must play 3-4 songs each day for seven days to complete the goal.
3. Equivalent to Swimming 30 minutes a day - On average, you must play 10-12 songs each day for seven days to complete the goal.

Learning the game is easy. You simply mirror the person on the screen, and there are queues at the bottom of the screen letting you know when a new dance move is coming up, and how to do it.

Honestly, this game doesn't feel like traditional exercise. Anyone who has taken Zumba knows the workouts are intense, and hurt. This game gets you sweating, and your arms will be a little sore, but other than that, it's total fun. I can play for hours and not even realize that amount of time has gone by - the entire time I will be burning calories and perfecting fun dance moves. I loved this game so much due to the fact that it actually made me want to play that I never opened the Zumba, returned it, and got another Just Dance in its place.

Some might argue that there are better workout routine games on the market. That this game won't sculpt your thighs or your abs like others. They might be right. But this game makes you want to play it. You'll look forward to dancing and burning calories. You won't be aching too badly the next day, so that you have no motivation to pop the game in and play a while. Personally, I'd rather have a game that gets me moving and sweating every single day rather than something that gives me a hard workout but has me dreading playing it.

I've noticed more muscle definition in my arms and legs since I've been playing, simply by dancing a few hours a week. I can't imagine getting my workout done any other way!
on July 20, 2013
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
Really makes you sweat! Good choice of songs, but you don't wanna keep replaying the annoying songs like Katy Perry. Sometimes the dancing moves have nothing to do with the song. It's fun to just mute it, play your own songs, and get a workout. :)
on June 5, 2013
Platform for Display: Nintendo WiiVerified Purchase
I really love this game. I wish though, that there were more songs instead of asking you to pay for more if you want them. It should be like DDR was, whenever you accomplish something, it gets you closer to new songs, not new mash ups. It's more of a drive to play the game I think. Still, really like the game, so much fun!
on November 26, 2012
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
I purchased this game after playing it from the library. I will say that I did purchase this game for myself over the age of 30. As a mother I would not allow my children to listen to some of the songs on here and wish that the game would have put more appropriate songs on here for children to play as well. At the age of 10 I still wouldn't want my children to play with this game. That being said I do enjoy playing the game without any children around to get some exercise and thought for 7.99 it was an excellent deal. Could use some better song choices in this game that's for sure. For a good deal and the appropriate age this would be a good fit. The appropriate age would be whatever you the parent decides but I won't let my children play. Instead they prefer Country Dance 1 & 2.