4.0 out of 5 stars If you only liked Just Dance 3
Published on July 16, 2012 by Chipmunker85

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here
Just Dance Greatest Hits contains multiple songs from past Just Dance titles. Here's a list of all the songs and where each comes from:

From Just Dance:
Anita Ward - "Ring My Bell"
Calvin Harris - "Acceptable in the 80s"
"Fame" (In the Style of Irene Cara)
Fatboy Slim - "Jin Go Lo Ba"
Gorillaz - "Dare"
Groove Century - "U Can't...
Published on July 5, 2012 by Nutwiisystem.Com

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here, July 5, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

From Just Dance:
Anita Ward - "Ring My Bell"
Calvin Harris - "Acceptable in the 80s"
"Fame" (In the Style of Irene Cara)
Fatboy Slim - "Jin Go Lo Ba"
Gorillaz - "Dare"
Groove Century - "U Can't Touch This"
New Kids On The Block - "Step By Step"
Reel 2 Real feat. The Mad Stuntman - "I Like to Move It (Radio Mix)"
Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
The Sunlight Shakers- "Who Let the Dogs Out"

From Just Dance 2:
Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"
Benny Benassi presents "The Biz" - "Satisfaction (Isak Original Extended)"
Beastie Boys - "Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Remix)"
Boney M. - "Rasputin"
Carl Douglas - "Kung Fu Fighting (Dave Ruffy / Mark Wallis Remix)"
Countdown Dee's Hit Explosion - "Barbie Girl"
Elvis Presley - "Viva Las Vegas"
Ike & Tina Turner - "Proud Mary"
Ke$ha - "TiK ToK"
Outkast - "Hey Ya!"
Snap! - "The Power"
Sorcerer - "Dagomba"
Studio Allstars - "Jump"
Studio Musicians - "Crazy In Love"
The Sunlight Shakers - "Jump In The Line"
Supergrass - "Alright"
The Hit Crew - "Toxic"
The Weather Girls - "It's Raining Men"

From Just Dance Summer Party
A R Rahman, The Pussycat Dolls Featuring Nicole Scherzinger - "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)"

From Just Dance 2 Downloadable Content
Katy Perry - "Firework"
Rihanna - "Pon De Replay"

From Just Dance 3 Downloadable Content
Anja - "Baby Don't Stop Now"

New Content
B.o.B (feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore) - "Airplanes"
Rihanna - "Only Girl (In The World)"

I'll start out with the good. The opening menu is pleasantly simple and just like with all the other Just Dance games. You can choose "Dance" mode, "Just Sweat" mode, and Extras. Choosing "Dance" gets you right into the dancing. Just Sweat mode allows you to choose a free session where you can work out with up to 4 players, or 7-Day challenge. These options should be familiar to anyone who's played Just Dance 3.

Since there was no "sweat mode" with the original Just Dance, this is the first time you'll be able to work out to those 10 songs. Plus, for those 10 songs you'll benefit from the excellent motion detection, something the original game didn't have.

And now, here's what I didn't like about this game. And there was a lot not to like.

First of all, it's a little insulting that Ubisoft would take a handful of old songs, throw them into a single title, and charge a full $40 for them. Even though these are called the "Greatest Hits", they don't even have the best songs from Just Dance 1 and 2. The dance moves are identical to what they were in the original games--there wasn't even an attempt to improve them or to provide alternate choreography nor graphics. They even seem to have removed features like animated backgrounds.

Speaking of choreography, there are no songs that use 4-player choreography as in Just Dance 3. There are only a handful of songs that are choreographed for 2 people. Not only that, there is no "party mode", nor any of the other improvements that came with Just Dance 3. At the very least I would have hoped that they would have introduced some of the benefits of Just Dance 3 to these old songs, but to the contrary, they just dumbed down the experience.

Perhaps worst of all, the songs included in this game are hard-coded, meaning you can't transfer them to play in Just Dance 3 nor the upcoming Just Dance 4. This is one gripe I have about all the various Just Dance-like games that Ubisoft puts out. It'd be ideal to be able to download or transfer songs like Michael Jackson songs or Black Eyed Peas songs to the main Just Dance 3 program, where you can record your high scores or design your workouts all in one place. Sadly, Ubisoft had gotten into the habit of making you pay for closed games where none of the music checks in or checks out.

I'm going to rate this a 4 for "fun", because quite frankly, it's still Just Dance. Motion controls are still pretty good, the Just Sweat mode really does give you a decent workout, and those who happen to like the songs on this compilation (and who don't already have Just Dance and Just Dance 2) will enjoy it.

However, I'm going to agree with the other reviewers and give it an overall score of "2", simply because Ubisoft is really insulting our intelligence here. It's ludicrous to go to the 25.1 million of us who have bought Just Dance 1, 2, and 3, and ask us to pony up another $40 for nothing but rehashed old work. For the sake of the future of this franchise, I hope with Just Dance 4 and beyond they focus more on how to incrementally improve the experience and satisfaction of their users and less on how to squeeze every last nickel and dime out of us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Some thrifty advice from Captain Obvious, June 26, 2012
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
For roughly the same $40, you can buy the original Just Dance 1 & 2 games for around twenty bucks each and get ALL of the original content (nearly 80 songs) instead of the small assortment of only 35 songs found on Just Dance Greatest Hits.

Just Dance

Just Dance 2

And with so many favorites noticeably missing from this supposedly "best of" compilation, I'm guessing that there's probably a Greatest Hits Pt. 2 in the works that'll cost you another $40.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you only liked Just Dance 3, July 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Just Dance 3 was the first game of its type that I had tried. My husband bought it for me and I was less than impressed at first because I don't really listen to popular music, but soon the game grew on me. I loved it. I used the just sweat mode to lose about 10 lbs in two months. So we got me Just Dance 2 to try and I hated it! I didn't like the way everything was set up. I was used to just dance 3 and so I decided against buying just dance 2. And Just dance 1 does not include a just sweat mode which is the only way I play the game.

Just Dance Greatest hits sets up select songs from Just Dance 1 and 2 onto a single disc that is set up just like Just Dance 3. I agree that if you are just looking for a fun game why not buy just dance 1 and 2, but if you take a while to get used to things and love just dance 3 this game is perfect. However, I would have prefered to see simply a revised re-release of Just Dance 1 and 2 where they fixed the graphics, added the just sweat mode to 1, and made them look like just dance 3. Because let's face it, their "best songs" may not be what we consider to be the best songs. There were many songs I would have liked to see on the game.

In closing I would like to say that this game is a lot of fun, watch for it to go on sale, and then dance the night away!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun (and exercise) for the whole family, but the song selection sucks, June 8, 2013
MR&MRS Intentional (Pacific Northwest,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I did a lot of research before deciding on this version of Just Dance. It has the sweat mode, multi-player and an okay assortment of songs. This was the first Just Dance game we bought, so it was perfect for us. I did read that most of the songs are songs from other Just Dance games, so if you've got the other ones, this probably isn't for you. I'm giving it four stars, because I think there could've been a better selection of songs. We really like a few of them, but most of them are dumb songs that you'd expect to hear blaring from a teenager's car. That being said, there still are a handful that we like. One thing I like about this is that the dancers are not as scandalous as some other games. They're not real people and they are kind of silhouette-looking, not like the skanky cartoon girls you see on the Rock Band games. I REALLY wish they'd come out with a game that had Oldies on it. It'd be super fun to dance with the kids to Beach Boys! For now, we just skip the Beyonce & Rhianna songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game ever!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I absolutely love this game and so do my children that are 8 and under. It's a great family game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nephew loved it, January 27, 2013
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My nephew wanted Just Dance 2 for Christmas and I thought this would suffice. He loved it and everyone got involved with the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This game is better that I expected but only if you don't have Just dance 1 or 2. Buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Groovy! ;-9, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
So far no complaints here - it's a relatively good compilation of Just Dance 1 and 2... only missing one song that I might otherwise like to have on their from the previous games. It all comes down to what songs you want to groove to, I guess! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Party Game, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We have people over all the time and this is always a hit. It is great to see everyone in the middle of the room showing off their dance moves or lack there of. A lot of fun and can not be for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mix of songs, September 12, 2013
C. Cornman (Freehold, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Got this for my daughter for her birthday and she loves it. It is great exercise for her (and sometimes me).

Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii
Just Dance Greatest Hits - Nintendo Wii by UBI Soft (Nintendo Wii)
$29.99 $22.89