Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Video Game|Change

on January 4, 2012
We got this game for our kids on Christmas and its been a blast. Our 7yo and 3yo love it, and so do the parents. When you look at the Wii, the console was made for movement and for interacting, not sitting on the sofa with the controller focused on a game. This game is what the Wii is all about. You get up and dance, shake your body and act silly.

Some songs are more intense and after about 4 of them, I'm working up a sweat. Great cardio. The BAD thing is that as others state, some dances are redone. In other words, the moves aren't what you expect. Macarena? it only has two moves from that dance. the twist isn't all that twisty. Cannot say anything else about the others as I've not personally played them myself. Also, you can get scores by not even doing anything. I sat on the sofa once as my toddle dropped out and I just waved the remote to the moves and still got a decent score. That is the bad thing and these two items knock a star off.

You can select all songs, or either younger (kids/toddler type songs) or older (more grownup songs but still G rated) songs. I personally like the Yo Gabba Gabba Get the Sillies Out, even though I HATE YGG. I also like the Its a Beautiful Life song. My kids like the Wiggle's Twist, and a few other older ones.

The songs do have ratings for both Effort and Difficulty under each picture, and in the songs, shows the lyrics on the bottom left and the icons for what move is coming up scrolling on the bottom right.

Overall, you'd be wise to get this game. It really is loads of fun.
on February 2, 2011
I bought "Just dance 2" first, and it is a lot of fun for me. However, I am also using it for exercise time in a daycare, and some of the songs are questionable for kids, so I decided to buy this one for them (ages 2-5 mostly). This review will mostly concentrate on the differences between the two games.

Just dance 2 has one "person" (occasionally 2 for duets) which are computer animated, featureless, and generally bright white. Just dance kids uses a group of 3 real kids to demonstrate the dance. I think this is an improvement, except that they put a light trail around the kids. I don't know if this is supposed to make the movements easier to see, but the effect is rather distracting.

Just dance 2 has a party mode where it will play through the entire list of songs, and you do not have to push any buttons in between. This is great for a daycare setting where the teacher has to walk away to do various things, but the majority of the group can just keep dancing. Just dance kids does not have this feature. They do have play-lists where you can add up to 10 songs, however it requires pushing the A button at the end of each song. I wish they had a continuous play mode.

The kids who are familiar with the "correct" movements to the songs, such as those by the wiggles and the childhood classics, get very frustrated because they changed the dances. Some kids don't mind, some do.

The dances are much less aerobic than the adult version. It is often just shifting back and forth and moving the arms. Nothing wrong with that, but it defeats the purpose of using it for exercise on cold days when we can't get outside to run around.
on September 18, 2011
My 5 year old daughter and her friends of similar ages LOVE THIS! It's not only for girls though. My 12 year old son enjoys some of the songs/dances. I would definitely recommend it for young girls though. They've had hours of fun with it
on April 21, 2011
For the uninitiated, the "Just Dance" series innovatively gets you dancing by following an on-screen avatar's moves while holding the Wii remote in your hand. It tracks the movement of the Wii remote and scores you based on your apparrent moves. It's surprisingly accurate and fun!

A couple of notes that may steer you here or to another "Just Dance" title based on your inclinations. The dance moves here are NOT any easier than the other "Just Dance" titles, Just Dance and Just Dance 2. This was a surprise to me and an 8-year-old play-tester. We worked up quite a sweat trying to follow along on our first couple runs through the songs. Subsequent attempts get easier as you anticipate the moves that will appear on the screen. The grading also doesn't seem to be any more forgiving, which might be frustrating for younger players. (The inclusion of various difficulty settings per player would have been a nice innovation. Just my 2-cents.)

The song selections vary from early childhood ("BINGO", "Old MacDonald") to largely family-friendly favorites ("MmmBop", "ABC", "Celebration"). I wasn't crazy about the inclusion of "YMCA" considering the subject matter, but the kids probably aren't going to ask about its context and it's a fun song. (One misstep in one man's book ain't bad.) Note again, though, that just because you're dancing to "The Ants Go Marching" doesn't mean you're automatically going to get a great score. You've still got to go through the motions, so to speak.

The songs presented are not records of the original artists but are covers by kids choirs. This can get a little grating after a long day of Raffi and Doodle-Bop CDs. The singers and the recordings themselves are fine. Just be forewarned. This game would have earned a whole-hearted 5-star rating if the popular, family-friendly tunes were by the original artists and the kids choir tunes reserved for "Pop Goes The Weasel" and the like.

Overall, a fun game that every one in the family can enjoy working up a bit of a sweat to. Get silly, dance crazy, and you'll have a ball.
on July 25, 2016
We have had this game now for a few years and it's awesome. Not only does it get the kids moving they do it for hours. They learn how to dance and keep a beat. Even if they aren't that great at dancing kids still have fun with it. We purchased other dance games for the Wii because of this game. Great songs, lots of classic rock, which makes it easier for the parents to listen to the game being played ;).
on January 21, 2011
First, let me say that my 2 1/2 year old toddler loves this game and has the dance moves to all of her favorite songs memorized! So for sheer entertainment value, exercise and fun this is a great game. HOWEVER, I'm giving it a one star rating because the advertised "Dance Party Mode" for continuous play is MISSING. Without this feature, a parent's help is needed between each song. My daughter can "press A" but she can't point the cursor hand at the "Next" icon on the screen with the wii remote and the game doesn't let you use the arrow buttons either, so she's stuck. (It does have three other play modes, regular, freeze and shake, and team, however all of them still require the pointing step between songs.)

I'll agree with the reviewer who mentioned that popular songs with known dance moves like YMCA and the Macarena do not use the official moves on the game (possibly for fear of copyright claims? Who knows.) However, it is still tons of fun for my toddler - she loves it. It just isn't the self-entertainment we were hoping for and I'm disappointed in the false advertising. Maybe they meant to add this feature and the marketing department/packaging designers got ahead of themselves while the programmers dropped the ball...sigh...I must go "point the hand" for my daughter again.
on May 29, 2011
My kids and my husband love this game! It's great exercise and we love to sing and dance with them. When my son hears the songs on the radio he remembers all the dance moves and starts singing along!
on February 5, 2011
2 of my children (7 and 11) didn't like this game at all. We had Just Dance but I felt it was too 'old' for my children so we tried this one instead since the songlist for the older kids and family looked pretty good. But, we were all disappointed with the whole thing and will be returning it for sure.
on May 1, 2011
We had Just Dance 2 and loved it, so I thought it would be fun to have some kids songs for my grandchildren. My 7 year old grandson had played Just Dance 2 a little bit, but when he started with Just Dance for Kids he didn't want to stop and his 5 1/2 year old brother joined him. It was such fun watching them; Grandmom danced a few songs with them too. It's a great way to get some exercise and rhythm at the same time.
on April 10, 2011
I have gotten other active games for my kids. They would play them unless I got it out and did it with them, but would not chose it on their own. I got just dance for kid from the library to see if they would play it. My boys 10 and 6 were resistant to playing it. I guess they thought it was for girls. I put it in and started dancing. It didn't take long before the boys joined in. A great feature, anyone can join in at any time. Hey even if you are out of wii motes who's stopping you from dancing? So Now my 10 year old is choosing the game on his own. Words that came out of his mouth, "I was born to dance. " They are having so much fun. I highly recommend.