4.0 out of 5 stars Expansion Pack: But Very Fun

Published on March 24, 2012 by Elisabeth

4.0 out of 5 stars Expansion Pack: But Very Fun, July 19, 2011
S. Robison (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
The Just Dance franchise continues to strike gold: this game follows along in the tradition now of good, fun family games, but this version does have some negatives. Note especially that this game is made up of downloadable content from Just Dance 2, so you don't necessarily have to go out and buy this as a whole set, simply select the songs you'd like online. However, if you want a hard copy backup of these tracks, this is a good idea. All in all, as I see it, this game can be broken down as follows:

PROS:

-FUN: There is no doubt that this game, like all others in the franchise, is fun. It's a great way to get members of your family dancing together, having fun, and exercising at the same time. Song selection, as always, has something for everyone, so every member of your family will enjoy some aspect of this game.

-COORDINATION: The coordination of the game with the Wii Remote is as with Just Dance 2. That is, this is a very good game in that the movements you make with your Wii remote are very accurately picked up by the Wii sensors.

-HARD COPY: The benefit in buying this as opposed to online, of course, is that you have a hard copy should your hard-drive crash.

CONS:

-EXPANSION PACK SIZE: As an expansion pack essentially (you don't need any other version to make this work, however), it only has a fraction of the games present in an original "Just Dance" game. The tracks are listed above however. They are fun, and this game is priced reasonably enough considering the track size, so don't hesitate to buy it if you are looking to increase the number of tracks you possess.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD GAME AND GOOD PRICE, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I love the fact that just when you get so good at a Just Dance game you can't beat your own top scores; they come out with another Just Dance. I agree that there are not as many songs as on Just Dance and Just Dance 2 but it is $10 cheaper than when the other Just Dance games were new releases. I must say I do not like the songs as much because there are more modern songs and way less 70's and 80's songs plus I like to do a fast paced work out with 4-5 songs and on the other Just Dance games there are several fast (and longer like 4+ minutes each) songs to choose from for your work out but this is a plus for teens as there are more songs they know. Also, you can change your dancers name but you have to wait until a dance starts then put your arrow over your dancers score/name (where it lists your score during a dance) and hit the select (middle button) and it will take you to a place to create your name. It is true though that this is NOT EXPLAINED ANYWHERE in the directions so I can see why other users "think" you can not change it. This game has less song selection but is a great bridge in the time gap between summer and the release of Just Dance 3 in October. I will be purchasing every Just Dance game because although there are pros and cons I still think they are the best dance games out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not as good as 1, 2, and 3, March 24, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Not as good of track list as the other Just Dance games. If you like the songs, you'll like the game. If you don't, then obviously you won't. Only a few songs are high-energy and worth actually dancing too. Otherwise the moves are very ordinary and awkward. Some of these songs are on the other Just Dance games, so it doesn't expand your choices by that much if you do have the other games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs more songs but just as fun as other Just Dance games!, August 5, 2011
A. Simpson (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We rented this title and will likely buy it soon. It is a hit with the whole family just like the other Just Dance games. I am disappointed that it only has about half the number of songs that other Just Dance titles have. It seems like the price should be closer to half! Also, some of the songs, i.e. Barbie Girl and Mambo No. 5, have some inappropriate lyrics for younger kids. That's too bad since my 5 yr old LOVES the Just Dance games.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this will be my new favorite workout!, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I own Broadway Dance for the Wii, so when I saw this game as a gold box special, I figured I would try it. I love to dance and I hate exercise and Broadway Dance gets me moving.

I just opened my new game tonight after work, and I couldn't stop dancing!
I am sure my neighbors hated the fact that I was dancing my butt off at 3am:)

I decided to do the "Just sweat" program, and I am supposed to do 3 songs a day to get to a target of 1000 sweat (?) I don't know if it is supposed to mean that's how many calories I burn?? It isn't clear.
Anyway, it was fun. I ended up doing about 5 songs to reach my goal for the day, but I don't mind.

The only thing I really don't like is that some songs aren't total body. For instance: "Firework" basically only works the right arm. I thought it was going to fall off. That arm does all the work. I wish it were more balanced like in the Broadway game.

The Wii remote is very responsive in this game. That frustrates me in Broadway, because the sensor doesn't always recognize the moves.

All in all.. very fun. I can't wait until tomorrow to do more :)

5.0 out of 5 stars wilsha, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I am 50years old use to exercise a lot. 6 years ago a car accident left me with 5 herniated disc in my neck and lumbar spine. Trying to figure out how I can exercise without hurting myself I was introduce to just dance by my sister. I love it I am always dancing now. competing with friends and family makes it even better,and I get my heart pumping too

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fun!, August 30, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Love all the Just Dance games, this is a great starter option for someone who is just considering the just dance games as this one is usually a lower price (will give you a good idea what these games are like). Highly recommend for anyone looking for an active way to play video games...I'm as uncoordinated as a foal on an ice floe and still manage to have fun with and burn calories while playing the just dance games!

4.0 out of 5 stars PRESENT FOR GRANDAUGHTER, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I RECOMMEND THIS FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN I GAVE IT TO MY GRANDAUGHTR AND SHE AND HER BROTHER REALLY ENJOY MUCH BETTER THAN VIOLENT GAMES OTHER YOUNG ADULTS SEEM TO ENJOY

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Dance, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Summer Party is just as much fun as the original game! The duets take a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun had by all, January 4, 2012
Shanelle Davis (Irvington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We are enjoying Just Dance Summer Party. like the selection of songs, glad they kept the warm up options which i use also as an occassional cool down. worth the purchase.

Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii
Just Dance Summer Party - Nintendo Wii by UBI Soft (Nintendo Wii)
$29.99 $17.87