Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Video Game|Change

on July 19, 2011
The Just Dance franchise continues to strike gold: this game follows along in the tradition now of good, fun family games, but this version does have some negatives. Note especially that this game is made up of downloadable content from Just Dance 2, so you don't necessarily have to go out and buy this as a whole set, simply select the songs you'd like online. However, if you want a hard copy backup of these tracks, this is a good idea. All in all, as I see it, this game can be broken down as follows:

PROS:

-FUN: There is no doubt that this game, like all others in the franchise, is fun. It's a great way to get members of your family dancing together, having fun, and exercising at the same time. Song selection, as always, has something for everyone, so every member of your family will enjoy some aspect of this game.

-COORDINATION: The coordination of the game with the Wii Remote is as with Just Dance 2. That is, this is a very good game in that the movements you make with your Wii remote are very accurately picked up by the Wii sensors.

-HARD COPY: The benefit in buying this as opposed to online, of course, is that you have a hard copy should your hard-drive crash.

CONS:

-EXPANSION PACK SIZE: As an expansion pack essentially (you don't need any other version to make this work, however), it only has a fraction of the games present in an original "Just Dance" game. The tracks are listed above however. They are fun, and this game is priced reasonably enough considering the track size, so don't hesitate to buy it if you are looking to increase the number of tracks you possess.
on August 4, 2011
I love the fact that just when you get so good at a Just Dance game you can't beat your own top scores; they come out with another Just Dance. I agree that there are not as many songs as on Just Dance and Just Dance 2 but it is $10 cheaper than when the other Just Dance games were new releases. I must say I do not like the songs as much because there are more modern songs and way less 70's and 80's songs plus I like to do a fast paced work out with 4-5 songs and on the other Just Dance games there are several fast (and longer like 4+ minutes each) songs to choose from for your work out but this is a plus for teens as there are more songs they know. Also, you can change your dancers name but you have to wait until a dance starts then put your arrow over your dancers score/name (where it lists your score during a dance) and hit the select (middle button) and it will take you to a place to create your name. It is true though that this is NOT EXPLAINED ANYWHERE in the directions so I can see why other users "think" you can not change it. This game has less song selection but is a great bridge in the time gap between summer and the release of Just Dance 3 in October. I will be purchasing every Just Dance game because although there are pros and cons I still think they are the best dance games out there.
on March 24, 2012
Not as good of track list as the other Just Dance games. If you like the songs, you'll like the game. If you don't, then obviously you won't. Only a few songs are high-energy and worth actually dancing too. Otherwise the moves are very ordinary and awkward. Some of these songs are on the other Just Dance games, so it doesn't expand your choices by that much if you do have the other games.
on September 2, 2011
I own Broadway Dance for the Wii, so when I saw this game as a gold box special, I figured I would try it. I love to dance and I hate exercise and Broadway Dance gets me moving.

I just opened my new game tonight after work, and I couldn't stop dancing!
I am sure my neighbors hated the fact that I was dancing my butt off at 3am:)

I decided to do the "Just sweat" program, and I am supposed to do 3 songs a day to get to a target of 1000 sweat (?) I don't know if it is supposed to mean that's how many calories I burn?? It isn't clear.
Anyway, it was fun. I ended up doing about 5 songs to reach my goal for the day, but I don't mind.

The only thing I really don't like is that some songs aren't total body. For instance: "Firework" basically only works the right arm. I thought it was going to fall off. That arm does all the work. I wish it were more balanced like in the Broadway game.

The Wii remote is very responsive in this game. That frustrates me in Broadway, because the sensor doesn't always recognize the moves.

All in all.. very fun. I can't wait until tomorrow to do more :)
on May 24, 2015
I bought this for my daughter and she really loves it. She has always loved to dance along to music but never tried any of the "Just Dance" Wii games before. She loves that it shows her dance steps and moves that she never tried before, so she is requesting several other Wii games of this sort for her birthday and for Christmas. Very impressed by this, and, of course, glad to have made my daughter a happy dancer!
on November 27, 2011
This is the first Just Dance game we have tried out and it's a hit! My daughters are 5 and 10 years old and they both love dancing to all the songs on this game. The only song we're not crazy about is "I'm Crying Blood". I've never heard it before and it really is kind of an odd choice for a dance game. The girls just skip over that one song because they don't like it either. Other than that, most of the songs are catchy and make them want to dance along. With the wide variety of music they are now learning some classic songs that I grew up with as well. I plan on getting more Just Dance games for the Wii, lots of fun!
on May 19, 2012
I am 50years old use to exercise a lot. 6 years ago a car accident left me with 5 herniated disc in my neck and lumbar spine. Trying to figure out how I can exercise without hurting myself I was introduce to just dance by my sister. I love it I am always dancing now. competing with friends and family makes it even better,and I get my heart pumping too
on September 4, 2011
This game is great fun for all ages - even my 7 year old daughter has a great time playing this game. I only rated this game 4 out of 5 stars on overall score since there weren't as many current chart toppers that everyone would be familiar with.
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2011
I purchased this game for an after school program from Amazon's Gold Box for $14.99 and it was worth every penny. Just Dance Summer Party is such a great game because even if a kid doesn't have a controller, they can still dance along and perform the moves. There's a variety of songs from different eras (Kung Foo Fighting)which can entice even old foggies like me to play. Of course, a major benefit is a just about any adult that plays gets a great sweat-producing workout.

I just watched about 30 kids, ages 6 to 11, "playing" this game projected on a large screen in four player mode. The top scorer gets to stay in the game and choose the next song. The other three players go out and the next three players go in. While waiting their turn, most of the kids, who were lined up in a half-circle around the playing area, played along sans controllers. It was a kick to watch and to get in there a play a few games too.

Good times.
on September 24, 2011
If you're a fan of the Just Dance games you won't be disappointed with the Summer Party. It's the downloadable ones from Just Dance 2 that Ubisoft put out on disc so you don't have to download them. That's why there aren't so many songs as in the regular games. But I'm also quite happy they did it since my Wii isn't hooked up to the internet and I prefer a disc copy.

Overall I love six of the dances, enjoy about half of them and might do the rest again when I'm bored with the first ones. But that's normal with the game.

If you've never played any of the Just Dance games? This one might be a good place to try them out since it's less expensive than the full games.

As for my ratings. This really is a fun game, people may give it less stars because they don't like all the songs, but who does? Overall, it's worth the five stars.