Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On: Trusting God in the Tough Times
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 8, 2001
What a remarkable experience!Ms. Ormartian started so simply that I thought at first I reading a bit of a "fluff" book. I was reading along and I noticed that the challenge to trust God each and every moment of my life was increasing.Then she got to the part about how I must relinquish my dreams to the Lord in order Him to show me His plans. She was not talking about the unrealistic dreams that children have, but the real dreams - the ones that are so "normal" that everyone takes them for granted - until they don't happen or they fall apart. She points out that God may even have the same dreams for me that I have for myself, but in order to truly live them out, I must first be able to give them up with no expectation of achieving them and trust that whatever God brings into my life will be what is best. Ms. Ormartian's candor and honesty made her a fellow struggler rather than a lofty instructor - similar to what Jesus did when he actually lived this life rather than just viewing it from heaven. God brought this book into my life at a time when I most needed it, but there is no time when it will not bless the reader's life. Highest recommendation!!
on April 26, 1999
Stormie writes the truth about what goes on when people face trials in their lives and what is needed to experience victory in that time. A very real, warm and encouraging book, it also speaks directly about core issues that most people face. Most importantly, Stormie has backed her writing with the Word of God. The verses quoted from the Bible helps the reader apply them to his/her own situation...many verses in fact have taken on new meaning, from the way Stormie has picked them and used them. Stormie has also relied on the power of prayer to help write this book, as is gathered from the prayer warriors mentioned in her acknowledgement. A really good book to read if you are in search of God's light and truth in the midst of your trials
on March 2, 2000
I highly, highly recommend this book for anyone who has a recent broken heart from any circumstance. My circumstance is a broken engagement. I could not have gotten through this situation first without the help of the Lord and second without the words of wisdom, prayers, and encouraging bible verses Stormie sets fourth in this book. This book will help you through a brake up, a divorce, a death, a sickness, a lost job or career for that matter. I really encourage anyone who is going through a rough time to read this book. I promise it will encourage you!
on June 19, 2001
"Just Enough Light" was given to me as a gift after a freak accident where I broke both of the bones in my lower leg and became immobilized with a long leg cast and confined to a wheelchair. I am a healthcare executive and my life runs at a hectic pace. The inability to walk was truly "crippling"! I had no idea how I was going to survive this tragedy! Then I started to read Stormie Omartian's book. It became my morning devotions. The Prayer Light and Footlights sections were perfect to help me focus on God's will in my life and helped me to be patient (not a strong suit for me!) I recommend this easy and quick read book to anyone who is struggling with "tough times" in their life. You will find your own personal situation on the pages of this book and find strength. One of the best books I have ever read. It has helped me find the "light" to get through my healing process.
on July 19, 2004
This book was given to me not a minute too soon! I was experiencing a very difficult time in my life. God had something else in store for me that I just could not see. This book helped me to be patient and prayerful enough to see God's hand in my life. The author writes in such a way that the message is so clear and the reading is easy. The chapters are very well organized and each is a perfect segue for the next. The 'Prayer Light' section of each chapter never failed to help me strengthen or renew my faith which often can be tested throughout tough times. I am so thankful for this Holy resource!!!
on July 22, 2000
This is a book to read for yourself, and to share with others. Recently a friend, who had been in a car accident and also was worried for the sufferings of two families close to her, said to me "Why does God allow all this to happen? It's too much!" I didn't have the words to answer. But with this book, I now have something I can pass on to her that may help. I plan to keep extra copies, to share with others going through difficult times in their lives, as we all do!
on January 20, 2002
I bought this book after having lost my best friend, my Father. I was so sad and lonely and feeling an emptiness that I could not explain other than I was missing something or someone in my life.
It was no accident when I came across Just Enough LIGHT for the Step I'm On. Reading it was truly like a 'light' going on in my head and my heart. Stormie OMartin writes in such a way that you can not help but 'get' what she is saying.
This is a MUST read for anyone that is searching or feels they are so low they can never reach up.
The only thing that would make this book better...is if it was available on audio! I would love to listen to it as I drive.
on March 31, 2000
Stormie has done it again. Showing us how to live each day - focused on God, finding the joy, and understanding that God is with us always. Her insights are awesome, inspiring, and helpful. Book is easy to read, either all at once or a chapter at a time.
on February 14, 2002
Anyone who is on a spiritual journey must read this book! It is one of the best books I have ever read - easy to read, down to earth, and powerful.
If you are looking for answers, spiritual nourishment, or understanding God, Christ and the LIGHT you MUST read this book - it's superb!
on December 30, 2003
I actually bought this book as a gift for someone but it turned out that it came just at the moment when I would need a guide to seeking God's Everlasting Light at a different level, during an unexpected, difficult time. I read it in a week's time, and will continue to use it as a handbook to help keep me rooted in God's Word and Walk as I recover. I just ordered a copy for the intended gift recipient, because it's a "Must Have". Stormie Omartian writes with such love and encouragement, always putting God first, as we should all do.