5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Book, Realistic Situations

3.0 out of 5 stars Excuses, excuses
Published on April 7, 2011 by reg

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Book, Realistic Situations, December 22, 2004
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
In the beginning of Mayer's book, our hero looks straight at the reader, slightly lifts both arms, and states: "Sometimes I remember, sometimes I just forget." For example he (or she?-it's difficult to tell the gender in this "Little Critter" book) puts his dishes in the sink, but forgets to put away the milk. Humorous twists on the `I remembered this, but forgot this' motif lift this book above the ordinary. For example: "I didn't forget to feed the goldfish, he just didn't look hungry," and, after a bath, "I didn't use soap, but I didn't forget to. I just don't like to." His mother is alternately tired, frustrated, and amused, and the clever story ends on a warm note. This is a sweet and simple story that manages to cover many familiar situations with honesty and empathy for all involved. Watch for the little mouse friend on every page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mayer has brought out the joy in children's books!, December 1, 1999
Kim Schmitt (Quincy, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
Mercer Mayer has created another wonderful book in the Little Critter series. He has an uncanny ability to connect with children on their level. This book has wonderfully bright pictures that reach out and grab the child's attention. It will bring a smile to your face as you learn that it is okay to forget, because every child forgets sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, November 3, 2002
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
This book taught kids it's ok to forget somethings in life, but it also teaches them they cannot forget a lot of things, like how much they love their parents. but if you forget minor things like washing the dishes it's ok. I enjoy reading Mercer Mayer books, he can really connect with kids and get on their level, I think kids pick up on the morals. You may get into trouble if you forget things, but all kids do..

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone forgets sometimes, December 10, 2002
A Kid's Review
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
This was a funny book. It reminded me a lot of myself and how I leave things on or don't put them away on accident. Another part that reminded me of how I am is how little critter said they didn't forget to close the refridgerator he was just not done eating. I always leave the t.v. on in a room and come back to it because I'm still watching it. This book I think was made to say that you never forget the important things and the things that really matter. It also lets kids know that everyone is forgetful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excuses, excuses, April 7, 2011
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
I bought several Little Critter books because they received so many great reviews. This is the 4th book I've read and I just can't rate it 5-stars like so many before me have done. Little Critter just gives one excuse after another as to why he didn't do something he was supposed to do. The illustrations are good and this should begin some pretty good dialog between adult and child about how to remember. The reviews really had me expecting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book, I think everybody should read it!, November 8, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
Overall, I was very impressed with the book. It has bright colorful pictures that will immediately grab the childrens attention! I think all young children should read this book. It teaches them that everybody forgets things, and it is okay. The difficulty level was good for young children, it is at a level where they can understand the book and comprehend it. It is a very cute story and I suggest that everyobody takes the time to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just forgot, November 24, 2001
Ashley (Bayt City, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
This book explains to children that it is ok to forget things sometimes most all kids do. But like in the book most kids never forget who or what is most important to them. This book reminds me of me and my brother because we always forget to do our chores but we never forget to tell our parents we love them and tell them goodnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love all these little books., April 6, 2013
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
I have a son that has a problem of always forgetting, so I ordered this little book as a 'gag.gift' for his 65th birthday in July. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars We all just forget sometimes :), August 31, 2008
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
We have a lot of Little Critter books in this house. They're short, they're funny, they're topical, and they're cheap.

This book is a very realistic portrayal of how children remember things, or forget things... or remember what they should do but decide not to do it anyway :)

Like, Little Critter forgets to feed the dog, but not the fish - the fish just didn't look hungry! (In the illustration, we can see the fish eagerly eating all the food Little Critter is giving it.) He didn't forget to take his boots off - he's going back out in the rain! He won't forget to put away his toys - oops, maybe he *did* forget.

Pretty funny stuff, if my nieces are any indication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, February 18, 2013
This review is from: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) (Paperback)
This book was purchased to be sent to our grandson who happens to live in England. It went in a package with other items. We were told that he wanted the book read to him two times before he went to bed. The book was delivered on time as promised.

I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book)
I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book) by Mercer Mayer (Paperback - August 18, 1999)
$3.99