Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I Just Forgot (A Little Critter Book)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

In the beginning of Mayer's book, our hero looks straight at the reader, slightly lifts both arms, and states: "Sometimes I remember, sometimes I just forget." For example he (or she?-it's difficult to tell the gender in this "Little Critter" book) puts his dishes in the sink, but forgets to put away the milk. Humorous twists on the `I remembered this, but forgot this' motif lift this book above the ordinary. For example: "I didn't forget to feed the goldfish, he just didn't look hungry," and, after a bath, "I didn't use soap, but I didn't forget to. I just don't like to." His mother is alternately tired, frustrated, and amused, and the clever story ends on a warm note. This is a sweet and simple story that manages to cover many familiar situations with honesty and empathy for all involved. Watch for the little mouse friend on every page!
on November 3, 2002
This book taught kids it's ok to forget somethings in life, but it also teaches them they cannot forget a lot of things, like how much they love their parents. but if you forget minor things like washing the dishes it's ok. I enjoy reading Mercer Mayer books, he can really connect with kids and get on their level, I think kids pick up on the morals. You may get into trouble if you forget things, but all kids do..
on December 1, 1999
Mercer Mayer has created another wonderful book in the Little Critter series. He has an uncanny ability to connect with children on their level. This book has wonderfully bright pictures that reach out and grab the child's attention. It will bring a smile to your face as you learn that it is okay to forget, because every child forgets sometimes.
on December 10, 2002
This was a funny book. It reminded me a lot of myself and how I leave things on or don't put them away on accident. Another part that reminded me of how I am is how little critter said they didn't forget to close the refridgerator he was just not done eating. I always leave the t.v. on in a room and come back to it because I'm still watching it. This book I think was made to say that you never forget the important things and the things that really matter. It also lets kids know that everyone is forgetful.
on November 8, 1998
Overall, I was very impressed with the book. It has bright colorful pictures that will immediately grab the childrens attention! I think all young children should read this book. It teaches them that everybody forgets things, and it is okay. The difficulty level was good for young children, it is at a level where they can understand the book and comprehend it. It is a very cute story and I suggest that everyobody takes the time to read it.
on November 25, 2015
Ever have a child who forgets to do something 2 seconds after telling them to do it?? If so (which is probably all kids!) this book is so appropriately written and cute. Love all the little critter books and this one she could really relate to!
on December 13, 2013
My daughter is 6 and in Kindergarten. I had no idea what this book was, but wanted to add a book for her to my order. This turned out perfect for the both of us. It's all about how this little kid keeps saying "I forgot" when he makes really big mistakes and really big messes that are really hard for his mom to keep up with. LOL. Which is exactly what my daughter has been putting me through lately. It helped remind her how hard Mommy has to work to keep up with her "I forgots" and helped me realize, I need to try and not let the stress get to me too much, because slowly but surely she is learning and maturing. It just takes time. And Lord knows, so much patience. :)
on January 12, 2015
I hadn't seen a Little Critter book since my childhood when I wandered into a used book store and saw one at 29 years of age. I was instantly filled with happiness. I bought all the ones they had and then Amazoned the rest. I love these simple, lovely books and my almost 2-year old son does too. Recommend for all children.
on July 25, 2014
I read Mercer Mayer books when I was younger and loved them, so I decided to get my child some. They are the same as they were, however, these books are very floppy, so I would recommend they be for a littler older children who know to respect books. My son is 2 and we read them at night so that I am holding them instead of him. Still good books though.
on May 27, 2014
I chose this rating because I am familiar with Mercer Mayer's books. This book was for my great granddaughter for whom I read the book. She was delighted as were my children and my grandchildren. As we have worn out many of our children's books through the many members of my family, I intend to collect other Mercer Mayer books for another generation of children..
Elissa