5.0 out of 5 stars It Got Me Through It!
Published on January 8, 2012 by Francine C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic information but not for me
This book provides some good basic information but as a 67 year old woman I don't feel as if I am the target audience. Most of this information was already provided to me by my many doctors and the many references to work and children simply did not pertain to me. Overall this would probably be a good informational book for someone who had not done any other research.
Published 5 months ago by Mary McEvoy-Barrett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It Got Me Through It!, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Just Get Me Through This! - Revised and Updated (Paperback)
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008, I was desperate to find information that would be truly helpful. I bought several books on the subject, however this book, which was originally given to me by a friend, became my breast cancer bible! No matter what horror I was faced with in the middle of the night or after a particularly difficult chemo treatment, I could find an answer or at the very least, a reasonable explanation for what I was experiencing. Since then, I have purchased this book many times over for other newly diagnosed breast cancer patients who all benefitted from the book as much as I did. I am very grateful to the authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, September 6, 2012
As a two time breast cancer survivor, I highly recommend this book for anyone who is newly diagnosed, knows someone who was diagnosed, is currently fighting breast cancer or who has survived breast cancer. This author brings all issues to the table and gives all the information that your care givers may not provide. I brought this to my doctor and we reviewed sections and potential treatment options. Fantastic book that empowers you!

5.0 out of 5 stars It got me through it!, December 12, 2011
Claire (houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I could not have made it through my time with Breast Cancer without this book. I read it over and over and over. There were times when I think I read it more than my Bible. It became my friend, my mentor and my guide through one of the worst experiences of my life. I often feel that the author is a friend I reached out to when thing were tough or confusing! She had the answers and enabled me to help others as well. I am going to order and read the revised version.

Since 2003 when I was diagnosed, I have purchased over 10 copies to give to friends and friends of friends who have been diagnosed with the Beast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breast Cancer "must read", October 14, 2011
Just Get Me Through This! is a terrific book and "must read" for those diagnosed with breast cancer. It is great support for the "journey" not only for the patient but for family and friends. It is informative, a book of knowledge! I have given this book to over 30 people when they were diagnosed. I too received it as a gift....ten years ago. The updated and revised 2011 edition is just as great as the first one.....and written by a survivor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Through It with Flying Colors, September 17, 2013
Cathy Brown (BROOKLYN, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Indispensable survival guide to hand-hold you through the breast cancer journey. Not packed with scientific mumbo jumbo, easy to understand even when you have "chemo brain," it tells you honestly and hopefully what to expect of treatments, drugs, and other practical information. My husband bought me the Kindle version just after I was diagnosed; I didn't think it would be helpful. Now, post-surgery, post-chemo, I don't think I would have weathered it as well as I did without Deborah's leading me through it. Advice on what to bring to chemo (books, snacks), shampoos and lotions for your bald head, foods easily tolerated during treatment, etc. are extremely practical. Written in the palatable voice of a good friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A scary disease explained well!, August 30, 2013
This book is worth every cent. Easy speak! Thoughtful and through information for the reader, like a best friend.
It really relayed the information in a empathic concise way. I thank my friend Val for the heads up. It is a good gift for the newly diagnosed cancer patient or spouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awosome, June 7, 2014
Awesome book, had a lot of good info. Helped me get through my chemo easier having good facts to help

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic information but not for me, May 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, February 23, 2014
This book is really what I needed as a woman that was diagnosed with an early stage breast cancer recently. The author answered so many questions and also triggered some new ones to ask my doctor. I have had a lot of supportive friends and family but reading this book gave me a connection to someone that went thru a similar experience. It was filled with real life emotions that come with this diagnosis, options for treatment, and how to deal with various aspects of this journey. I highly recommend this read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent volume, July 19, 2013
The title got my attention....suspect we all feel this way as we go thru the journey! Many helpful hints from one who has been there. Easy reading. Would recommend this little book to others who can relate to the title! Good luck on the journey to wellness!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Just Get Me Through This! - Revised and Updated
Just Get Me Through This! - Revised and Updated by Deborah A. Cohen (Paperback - September 1, 2011)
$15.00 $10.41
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.