5.0 out of 5 stars JANAY, September 13, 2003
I would like to say that this album is the bestest,oh don't get me wrong every last album is excellent,but this one have more meaning to me because I named my daugther JANAY after the song (JANAY),the love I have fof this song is the love I have for my daughter. Thank you Freddie Jackson for all the right words when you just didn't know how to say it. PS my daugther is now 15 and she understands where her name came from.... And she loves it. Yvette DeLaney-Mixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right songs for love, August 25, 2003
I have been listening to Freddie Jackson since he first starting singing, even before his songs got released. Come On And Rock Me has always been one of my favorites. All the songs on all his CDs are good. I highly recommend this CD for anyone who wants to listen to love songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The King Has Struck Gold Again, April 17, 2006
This review is from: Just Like the First Time (Audio CD)
Now as a member of HUSH productions, Freddie was churning out some good solid soul music. Just Like The First Time left off where Rock Me started. Every song has taken a sensually darker turn. Under the productions of Barry J. Eastmond, Chad, and Gene McFadden, they gave him a more solid sensual turn in his vocal approach. Every song rocks. "Tasty Love" started the smorgasbord. "Have You Ever Loved Somebody", "Look Around", "I Don't Want To Lose Your Love", "Janay", "Still Waiting" and "You Are My Love" really set the tone for a night of moving and grooving!

If you are a romantic and need some good soul, call on Freddie!

Trust me, he delivers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Freddie Jackson, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Just Like the First Time (Audio CD)
This was an awesome album! Classic R&B' Freddie delivers a album that is on par with Luther Vandross. Don't hesitate to buy this of you want to listen to how R&B is suppose to sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Freddie's older works, June 4, 2013
Boy do I remember this on tape. Took me back to a special time in my life. Freddie always takes me away and then brings me back, Just Like The First Time!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Freddie Jackson At The Zenith !!!!, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Just Like the First Time (Audio CD)
The reason why i rated this cd 5 stars is b'cuz i listened to each track and i ws grooved by the whole cd. This album really put FJ on the R&B map. Every track ws SLAMMING !!! I would recommend every Freddie Jackson fan to get this cd. And if you're not a Freddie Jackson fan would like to become one ??? Then this is the cd to get. START WITH THIS ONE .... you'll be glad you did !

5.0 out of 5 stars "Looked Around," and I found the greatest Freddie Jackson album., March 29, 2013
This review is from: Just Like the First Time (Audio CD)
Freddie Jackson couldn't be stopped. He was still enjoying the success of his debut album, Rock Me Tonight (released in early 1985) and a year and a half later, he releases his sophmore effort, Just Like The First Time, with alot more good things to come. The only slight difference compared to his debut were that it was missing a club-like song (like "He'll Never Love You (Like I Do)"), but Freddie is not a club artist, even with the "HUSH sound" backing him up. Freddie scored four R&B #1 songs for this album (which was the first for any artist, until Michael Jackson beat him a year later with the release of Bad) with "Have You Ever Loved Someone," "Tasty Love," "Jam Tonight," and "A Little Bit More" (duet with Melba Moore). "Jam Tonight" is a very groovy feel good song that was originally recorded by Howard Johnson in 1982 (that version was also produced by Paul Laurence Jones and the remake was almost as identical as the original, but with a little more of a swing). "A Little Bit More" was released as the final track of this album on future releases (after it hit #1). It first appeared on Melba Moore's A Lot of Love album, which was released a few short months before Just Like The First Time. The song sounds better when they sung it live, but its still a smooth track to play with candlelights and a beautiful woman. His fifth single, "I Don't Wanna Loose Your Love" is my favorite Freddie Jackson song (it only peaked at #2 in early 1987) and it was co written and produced by the famous Philly team, Gene McFadden and John Whitehead (know for 1979's "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now"). Freddie still retains his oldtime friends crafting his new hits (like Barry Eastmon and Paul Lawrence Jones III) while making some new ones like McFadden/Whitehead and Howard King just to name a few. Due to the overwhelmingly success of the 5 singles swiming in the top 10 of the R&B charts, his sixth single, "Look Around" stalled at #69, but it was a nice song. Nothing is complete without briefly reviewing, analyzing and admiring the album tracks. "Janay" should've been the album's sixth and final single (not discrediting "Look Around" but Janay has that distinct tenderness that teaches a male lover a lesson in not letting his good woman go, like "Janay"). I also love "Still Waiting" and the Paul Laurence Jones penned powerful crier, "You Are My Love" (a real tribute to a woman).

Hands down, Just Like The First Time is one of the best albums out there , but it'll be hard to play it for a younger woman who has little to no knowledge of classic R&B ballads like this. I like Trey Songz and R Kelly, but Freddie is the real deal - getting the right girl, "in the mood" with some paitience so it can last. Freddie's classic songs are still relevant to what a good woman wants, no matter what age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like The First Time, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Just Like The First Time (Vinyl)
I want to say Thank you so much for this album, both album cover and record in great condition, I mean great condition Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Just Like the First Time (Audio CD)
I had been looking everywhere for this CD for years. I was excited when I found it. The CD is great and it came fast! Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars FREDDIE, FREDDIE, FREDDIE, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Just Like the First Time (Audio CD)
This is the classic jams. Freddie was smoking and can still bring the heat. This cd was so hot..i named my child Janay, what a beautiful song he made.

Just Like the First Time
Just Like the First Time by Freddie Jackson (Audio CD - 1990)