5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wonderful!
Published 5 months ago by PSusan

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the ending?
Andie Fremont's boyfriend has just proposed in front on all their friends and his co-workers. What does Andie do? She vomits. It was hilarious.

Published 14 months ago by Reader and Reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the ending?, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)

Andie is ready for marriage. She isn't even sure how they ended up getting so serious. Even if she was ready to take the next step, she didn't want to do it front of a crowd. She tries to explain this to her boyfriend, but he thinks she is just nervous. So, he tells her to take 24 hours to get her head straight.

So, Andie hits the road. She thinks some time away may help her make the right decision. She ends up stopping for waffles and finds herself in Jesse Montgomery restaurant.

Jessie and Andie had known each other when they were just teens. They fell into love/lust one day at the beach. But, Jessie left. Leaving Andie with a broken heart.

I bet you think you know what happens next. Well, you are wrong! I was so surprised by the turn of the book that I had to read parts of it twice. It goes from being a romantic novella to being some sort of para-normal thing. (Don't worry. No vampires, demons, or shape shifters here.)

Then they discover their lives are linked in the most unbelievable way, and Jessie believes that Andie is trying to set him up. At that point, I actually rolled my eyes a bit. Yes, I am crazy. Only a crazy person would roll their eyes at a book, Right?

Even with the silliness, I still liked this novella. Well, I did up until the very end. What kind of ending was that? It was like it stopped right in the middle of the story. I would say it was a cliffhanger, but I could not find another book that finished their story. Believe me I tried. I hope this author writes them an HEA these two and ending. They need one.

I am rating this a three star, with the hope that another books is in the works.

Would I recommend this book? Not right now. If she rights another one, Heck yes.

*** Quick note: I have read that some authors will release a portion of the book to Netgalley, then the reader must buy the book if they want to know the ending, and I did receive this from Netgalley. I have reviewed tons of books on them, and I have never seen that happen. If that is the case with this book, I was not told. But, I do feel like the book ended with out ending. So, I thought I would throw that out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wonderful!, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
Just One Day by Sharla Lovelace is just as the name implies; one 24 hour period in which the main character, Andie must decide her future. To say this one day is a tipping point in her life is an understatement. The author has done an excellent job of giving a wonderful story about second chances and destiny. This is one of those “what ifs” that allows the characters to look back and rethink choices. Who isn’t pulling for Andie to rethink her relationship and future with Brad, even before accidental meeting with Jesse. What a wonderful little novella, just enough to make you want to know more about the characters without slowing down the story line. I hope that there is a follow up to this novella.
My first read by this author but definitely not my last. Highly recommend.
Copy provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rating...., January 31, 2014
My Review:
There is so much to this little novella. It's a little astounding because it really does only cover one day, but it's truly so much more.

Andie's been dating Brad for two years. She's 43, has a daughter in college, and a divorce under her belt. By all appearances she's pretty settled in life...until Brad pops the question and she panics. He's fine with that even though she threw up when he asked her in front of 60 of his closest friends...so he gives her 24 hours to think it over. She takes off driving and ends up at a roadside diner...where something magical happens.

This is my third Sharla Lovelace read and I absolutely am a HUGE fan. Romance is magical and she always adds that tiny, paranormal, magical touch to her books that I just love. This one is all about...FATE!

happy sigh.

It's a great little novella. There's amazing action in it...did not see that coming. And a set of coincidences that leaves no doubt that fate is real. Andie and Jessie had a single 24 hours, 22 years ago. They have a second chance in this book and it's so good....so sweet....so romantic. I loved it! The little ties that bind them together all through the story....LOVED. It's a book about second chances and having things happen when they should. It was a great story and I loved every single moment of reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
"Brad Marcus had spared nothing to celebrate our two-year anniversary, with sixty of our closest friends, of which I kind of knew four."

In this story we meet Andie who is 44 years old and in a two year relationship. Her boyfriend proposes to her and she just isn't sure and needs time. He gives her 24 hours for her to sort it out and expects an answer. Brad seems like a typical type A personality. Andie feels like she should know after 2 years, but does she truly love Brad?

"The little white box squeaked open, the crowd gasped in unison, as if on cue. The oddest thought zipped by as I wondered if that was staged, but that could have just been the lack of oxygen to my brain."

A lot of circumstances bring her into running into her old flame (well kind of, you need to read it to understand that part lol) right before a huge storm sets in which forces her to give up her precious 24 hours being stuck with him. Jesse has had his own rough past and as she learns more about him, the more she questions what her answer to Brad will be.

"Maybe I wanted to see what day two with you looks like."

My overall thoughts on the book are good. I really enjoyed the story. It was a lighter story but with some deep things thrown in. I could really connect with Andie being as she is closer to age in me than the heroines in most of the books I read. Even though Brad is made out to be "the bad guy" I felt for him. I am sure he has had some things in his past that have made him the way he is. I also feel like I know people just like him in real life. Ahhhh and Jesse. I love that man. He is PERFECT. Maybe it is his age, or maturity, but I just fell hard for him. The book is very short (approximately 100 pages?) and was a very very quick read. I read it in one sitting before bed and probably couldn't have put it down if I wanted to. I had to know Andie's, Jesse's, and Brad's stories and her answer.

Reviewed by Mystery for Crystal’s Many Reviewers
*Copy provided for honest review*

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
Sharla Lovelace has been my 'New author find' of the year. Her debut book is the best I've read in 2012, and this novella did not disappoint.

It's an oft told plot - a coincidental reunion - but it's proof that if you are a master storyteller, that doesn't matter. The characters are well rounded and real, the dialog sparkles, and the end makes you sigh.

I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
Just One Day is a wonderful story about a woman at a turning point in her life. With a 24-hour countdown to decide if she wants to say yes to a marriage proposal to a seemingly "perfect man," she goes on a little journey where surprises and revelations abound. There are delightful plot twists and nostalgic memories which add depth to rich characterization and a poignant plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
Once again, Sharla Lovelace has made me stay up way, way too late reading. Just like her book, THE REASON IS YOU, this e-novella JUST ONE DAY had me captivated from the beginning and there was no putting it down until I had finished. The story was fast-paced, the characters so true-to-life that you'd swear you know them, and once again Sharla has crafted a hunky guy that makes you want to sell the house and move to Texas to see if you can find one just like him. And there's a surprising little twist that will make you sit straight up and say, "Whoa!" Reading Sharla's books is like having a great talk with your best friend. I will buy every book this woman writes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok read if you want something quick, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
Liked the idea of the book but just a little to much. Some books make Love at first sight believable and you can go 20 years and pick up where you left off -I didn't buy it in this book. I read the book in one sitting and didn't skim through a lot so if you are just looking for something quick to read go ahead. If you don't read a lot and are looking for a really good book to read bc you don't get to read much I would pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
This is a great little story of finding oneself again with the help of a rediscovered love. But it's too short! I want more! I want to know what happens after.
Sharla Lovelace is my author-find-of-the-year for 2013. I look forward to many more years of reading her work.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this story, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Just One Day (Kindle Edition)
Yep money isn't everything! Love conquers everything! Thanks for a beautiful story and I can't wait to read more. Kim

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›