Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 8, 2014
What a waste of time! Although I was certainly not expecting an award winning narrative, I was at least hoping to be entretained..... I certainly wasn't!
This book is dull, repetitive and childish. I think the people who liked it were hard core Geri Halliwell fans (obviously biased)
I was hoping the autor would share : A) how she overcame her bulimia and B) reveal the truth about what really went on while she was a member of the Spice Girls; instead, she blabs and blabs about being friends with George Michael and Robbie Williams ...please!!!!
on April 30, 2014
I've waited over 10 years to get my hands on this book. I love it! So many amazing pictures. :D
on December 6, 2013
Awesome book.. Love her shes like my idol every book gets even more inspiring for me.. Couldn't put this book down.. Worth reading any day!
on February 21, 2013
IF YOU LIKE GERI GO GET THIS BOOK BUT BEWEAR IT MIGHT BE SAD YOU MIGHT GET MAD AT HER I DID
on October 25, 2012
A very nice and easy read, but I think there was not much left to say after the best seller "if onky" and if we compare this book will always be a star behind
on August 13, 2012
Ginger was outspoken, happy, feminine, confidant, and a true hurricane. Geri is much more than that...she is a human being. Ginger was just aspects of her character, but the whole is so much more. Not surprisingly she has problems, just like anybody! Maybe they don't include financial issues, but they are somewhat darker like permanent exposure, death threats and image issues. It is interesting to read an artist biography to discover how they live, their unique opportunities but also their difficulties.

Geri Halliwell is an intelligent, ambitious and humane woman that demonstrates her bravery and strength showing her weaknesses to everybody: her low self esteem, her extremely serious eating disorders, her fear of failure. Writing this book she manages to become an example on how not to deal with an eating disorder, and how to find help.

This is also a "mea culpa" on the Spice Girls issue, and a sincere compliment on her friends Victoria, Mel Chisholm, Mel Brown and Emma...truly "friendship never ends".

To admit her part, explaining her decision for departure of the Spice Girls, accepting her less than satisfactory results on some singles by her own daredevil decisions, shows maturity and true "woman power".

If she chose a ghostwriter to work this piece, he/she was extremely good, because this book as all elements that it was written by an amateur writer. Although very nicely done, there are some mistakes in pacing the biography or delving too much time and text in some flashbacks of past events to explain a small sentence in the "present" timeline. Obviously I would never take that into account for the star classification of this work; her purpose is an honest auto-biographical work for the 4 years after her new rebirth. Nothing less, nothing more. Geri doesn't try to write literature Nobel material here.

This book is complemented by awesome photographic material by expert photo artist Dean Freeman.
on June 14, 2008
I have always been a fan of autobiographies and this book certainly delivers. I was thinking it might not be as good as all that. I mean come on, yes I was a fan of the spice girls, but so was every pre teen girl.

But I was surprised to find out actually quite a lot. Geri is very open about her battles with anorexia and her trials with the paparazzi.

She is also an amazing person having done work for the UN, speaking about birth control and also performing for the troops.

It was a smart move for her to write this book and also a very honest one as well. She has been through a lot and you see her struggle through it all. It is very inspiring to know what she has been through and it makes you realize that celebrity is not always as perfect as it seems.
on May 2, 2008
I read this book after reading her 1st auto-biography If Only and it is great! If only takes you up to when she left the band and Just for the Record takes you on her solo career.
This book really shows you who she is as a person. You see all sides of her and it made me like her all the more b/c you see how human she is. She shows you that all celebrities have their good an bad days like the rest of us. She gives you an insiders peak into a fun and sometimes not so fun world of celebrity.
Loved it!
on August 9, 2007
I have to admit I only bought this book because the Spice Girls were getting back together and thought it would be cool. I'm not much of a reader but, this book kept me entertained, I read the whole book in one day, "If Only" should be read first but really it doesn't need to be, this book portrays even more in depth how and why Geri left the group when she did and she writes about her struggles with what she wanted to do after that decision, she also explaines her troubles with eating disorders and her passion for yoga, a great read, even if you aren't a fan!
on May 1, 2003
This book pics up right where If Only left off. This book is an excellent read, which holds your interest and it has amazing full page pictures of Geri. I would recommend reading If Only first because "just for the record" is a continuation of it. These books are great reads even if you aren't a fan of Geri's music because she has gone through so much in her life, and it is a very inspirational book with a positive message. This book is also a ,must have for any Geri fan. Even if you don't like to read, the pictures are amazing and there are many of them.