Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Just Say Boo!
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

91%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 12, 2012
Just Say Boo by Susan Hood is sure to be a Halloween classic. It captures all the fun, excitement and the bit of nervousness that children feel on Halloween. The lyrical language and rhythm will draw the children in. And what child (or adult) will be able to pass up the chance to join in on a rolicking refrain of "BOO!". This is a book that I will read again and again to my family and my students.
on November 26, 2015
What a cute book. My son loved reading this at daycare so I just had to get it for him at home. It's a fun, light read with adorable pictures. I would definitely still read it to him even though Halloween is over.
on October 6, 2012
This is my favorite of the three Halloween children's books I received from Harper Collins for review, and I think it was actually meant for a younger audience than the other two. Being the whacky, fun-loving person that I am, I highly enjoyed this book. Susan Hood presents us with various situations to say "Boo!" and other Halloween-related words in a fun and highly entertaining way that parents and their young children will enjoy reading together. Because we come to expect the word "Boo," I had even more fun when a different word came up, and I'm sure that young children will find it as entertaining as I did. If you only read one out of all three of these books, let it be this one. I love it, and my friend recommends it too. It is so much fun!
Just Say Boo is a must have for any story time collection! Be warned though, it is sure to result in a loud and boisterous time for all involved. Well written, with a repeating refrain that just demands high energy audience participation, Just Say Boo is the perfect Halloween read for any group of preschoolers. It touches on all the scary aspects of Halloween without getting too scary, and even manages to deliver a short lesson on trick or treat manners. It empowers children, giving them control of things that might scare them by just reminding them that all they have to do is say Boo! Charming illustrations only add to what is a note perfect Halloween read aloud.
on November 7, 2012
Not only is this a fun read-aloud, but it also gets the younger set reading and participating as well. It's win/win fun for both parent/child and teacher/student. I heard the author read this at a library and the kids were so excited to be able to yell out "Boo" when they knew it was their turn. To keep their attention, there is at least one instance where the word isn't Boo, but rhymes with Boo.

I bought copies for both my children's elementary school teachers and I know they'll get pulled out and read year after year.
on September 25, 2012
Susan Hood's Just Say Boo is a fun read aloud book for parent/teacher and child.
In addition to inviting participation, the book offers a soothing message about dealing with scary frights.
I second Joan Riordan's review and would add that following the refrain BOO will come the familiar
MORE and AGAIN refrains from the audience. I have just ordered copies for nieces and nephews and only wish that this came in a board book version too.
on October 8, 2012
Just Say Boo! was a very cute story. I loved the messsage, which was "Halloween Etiquette" such as when to say "Trick or Treat" or "Boo!" and to say "Thank You". The illustrations were gorgeous, funny, and sweet. This is a story that my 4-year old has asked to read multiple times and she really has fun with it.
on October 8, 2012
My 3.5 year old loves this book and gets a kick out of beating me to the punch with the 'boo!' parts. This book is a great way to pump up the little ones for trick or treating!
on November 14, 2012
This book is great. I bought several copies to give to the children in my life. They all loved it, and I had to read it over and over again, which was a pleasure!
on October 31, 2014
My two year old loves this book. Because of the repetitive Boo throughout he now reads the word boo on other things too. This book is the best Halloween book.