Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Just Tonight
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 2, 2011
I purchased this book because of the high ratings it received. What a mistake. I would rate this as a 2.5 star. The premise of the story was not very believable. A woman loses her son, daughter-inlaw and a partner of 15 years and a few months later is flirting and propositioning a potential fling? There was little mention of the grief that Adrienne would be experiencing after the tragic loss of her son and dissolution of a 15 year relationship. WIthin a couple of months she is ready to move on? Dylan meets the baby once and decides that she wants to be a mother to this child? This book also badly needs editing. There were spelling mistakes throughout and it became distracting. I am an avid reader of lesbian fiction and enjoy trying out new authors but feel ripped off when I pay $5.99 for a book that is rated so high and is such a disappointment. From now on I will be sure to try a sample before purchasing. It would have saved me $5.99 in this case.
on January 14, 2012
I gave this writer another shot. I was wrong to do so. The main character's only child is killed, she inherits his child, and her partner of nearly 2 decades leaves her. Months later she's moved on and is on the move to jump some chick's bones. This was bad, really bad. Save your six bucks.
on April 27, 2013
I enjoyed this novel very much. I love the maturity of her characters and witty banter when flirting.

Adrienne is a 45 year old grandmother/ mother when her son and daughter-in-law die in a plane crash. She picked up the pieces and then was left by her 15 year partner that did not want to raise another child.

Dylan Montgomery is a hottie that works for the parks service after years in the army. She had a horrible upbringing and cheating ex-grilfriend that has caused her to not trust anyone.

There is a bit of angst among them, as Dylan does not know how to trust someone and Adrienne needs to to think about her new baby Emma.

Great read! I also recommend her novel "Someone Like You" - one of my favorites.
on March 25, 2013
OK just for clarity the son is dead and the partner left her, not lost...not dead. The idea that a few months later she is propositioning a cute ranger is kinda goofy...implausible, but as usual Syd Parker kept me reading till the very end! Not sorry I purchased the book!
on May 25, 2012
Yes, as other reviewers have mentioned, the characters are a little "light" in this book. If you are looking for a quick, easy read this book isn't bad, but it's not hugely memorable either. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it.
on April 30, 2013
I must politely disagree with the negative reviews; guess I am just a sucker for a sweet, tender love story that includes a few very delicious love scenes.

When I am reading a romance novel, I want it to warm my heart; I want the character to have their "happy ever after" that is why I read them. I also love characters like Dylan; strong, handsomely beautiful, sensitive, often broken, but when they love, it's fierce, it's beautiful, and it's for life!!

I have read a number of books by Syd Parker, for me "Just Tonight" was just as enjoyable as the others.
on February 22, 2013
First of all I LIKE the way Syd Parker wrights. I fell in love with the characters in the story. Syd did not beat the baggage the main characters had to death, over and over.
Also, things flowed, you wanted to get to the end....I loved the time they were trapped and to what extent Dylan went to to get to Adrianne.
Thank you Syd for making your characters over 30 something!
on March 19, 2012
I enjoyed this book by Syd Parker. It was interesting concept of an older woman becoming a mother and finding love again. I will continue to read Ms Parker's books if this is an example her creativity. It was an easy read, with a very good story line. Well done!!
on October 26, 2014
Adriennes & Dylans characters are wonderful, Syd tells the story of two slightly older than normal characters who find love and happiness making you believe that age is no barrier to love. Im cheering them on through the whole story, and the love scenes are dealt with so well, this author is exceptional in her story telling. Ive read this book twice and will do so again as with all Syds books.
on November 11, 2011
After the deaths of her son Josh and his wife Megan, forty five year old Adrienne Thomas suddenly finds herself the guardian of her two month old granddaughter, Emma. Pat, Adrienne's partner of fifteen years, decides she can't handle bringing up a baby, so she leaves Adrienne and Emma.

Adrienne makes the decision to take Emma and go back home to her mother and the town she grew up in. It's here that she meets Dylan Montgomery.

Forty Five year old Dylan Montgomery is retired army and after a life changing event, is now working as a park ranger. Dylan has had an abusive childhood. She has spent her whole life running from her past. Dylan has vowed never to fall in love, if she doesn't, she can't get her heartbroken, right?

When Adrienne and Dylan meet, there is an obvious attraction between them. But they both play a cat and mouse game. That is until they are thrown together at a remote cabin for the night during a storm.

Will Adrienne and Dylan give into temptation? Or will one or both of them be too stubborn to take a chance on what might be?

This is the first Syd Parker book I've read. What an absolute delight. Although the format follows the typical lesbian romance layout, the story is gripping, well written and very hot. Sizzling in fact.

I love both Adrienne and Dylan. I was rooting for them from the very first moment they met. The rest of the characters each play their own parts in enhancing and furthering the story. There are twists and turns throughout, but then the path of true love rarely runs smoothly. It's obvious to the reader that Adrienne and Dylan are soul mates. But both women are afraid to take a chance on love due to various happenings in both their pasts.

I loved the scenic descriptions, the whole book gave me the feeling of being there with the characters. A lovely feeling. I will certainly be looking to buy the rest of Syd's books now.