4.0 out of 5 stars This collection kicks up the heat with wild, untamed action
Published on September 26, 2010 by Mrs. Baumann

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok
Some of these stories are very good, some are pretty boring. Not the best collection of erotica I've read, but then again, erotica is such a highly personalized thing, isn't it?
Published 17 months ago by skye akimbo

4.0 out of 5 stars This collection kicks up the heat with wild, untamed action, September 26, 2010
This review is from: Just Watch Me: Erotica for Women (Paperback)
Plot Summary: Just about every kind of sexual scenario is explored in this wide-ranging and high quality collection assembled by editor Violet Blue. In these twenty stories by twenty writers I was turned every which way - on, off, up, and down. I think it's safe to say that there's something here for everyone, whether you like m/f, f/f/m, m/m/m/m/f... well, you get the picture. There are seduction stories, bondage and punishment, favorite fantasies, and long-time lovers. I can't think of a scenario that isn't included here, but as diverse as the stories are, the one constant is the quality. Each one is extremely well done.

If you're looking for pure, carnal heat that gets a little rough and tumble at times, then "Just Watch Me: Erotica for Women" is for you. Editor Violet Blue wasn't looking for stories with drama, or depressed characters, or deep messages. Ms. Blue was simply searching for the best, and says in her introduction, "I filled it with erotica that totally turns my head around and makes me want to ****, or at least thrust a few fingers in my panties for a little squeeze." I can certainly attest that these stories turned my head around, and as to the rest, well... I'm not quite as brave as the fearless Ms. Blue, but any hot blooded woman would be hard-pressed to read this book without feeling anything.

Some of the stories are out there, and unless you're extremely adventurous, then prepare to be shocked. I can't say that all of the tales hit my personal sweet spot, but I will say that they were all fascinating, regardless of whether they turned me on or not. Ms. Blue urges in her intro to read these stories "nice and slow," but I blew through the whole book in record time. I could not put it down, and each new story only fed my addiction.

I particularly liked "Therapy" by Donna George Storey and "Busted" by Jordana Winters for acting upon those cherished fantasies of jumping your shrink, or having a hot encounter with a police officer on the side of the road. "Fulfilling Megan" by Bonnie Dee made me admire the woman who was willing to do whatever it took to fulfill her own personal fantasy of being the filling in a man-sandwich (I know that sounds funny, but it was hot). "Utterly Nondescript" by Geneva King started out like an episode from "The Office," but I don't think any of those drones morphs into a sex goddess after hours. In some stories, a man dominated a woman, like in "A Spanking Good Time" by Eva Hore, but in others the woman was figuratively if not literally wearing the pants, such as "Spike" by Rachel Kramer Bussel.

This is a collection of hard and fast flings, slippery and slow screws, a few sweet scenes and a lot of raunchy rendezvous. It's a big steaming order of sex, and hold the romance please.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 out of 10 Stars, March 7, 2011
Blurb: Arousing Bedside Reading
Violet Blue, quickly becoming the 21st century's leading sex educator, recommends reading Just Watch Me nice and slow so every outrageous scenario can be savored. She judiciously handpicked these sizzling stories from her Best Women's Erotica series. Intended as inspiration for bedroom adventures, this heady collection of erotic stories is filled with scintillating, relatable encounters.
Elizabeth Coldwell's "Heat" describes the fierce affair between a barmaid and her brutish boss, a man she doesn't even like but who sets her heart pounding. In "Spike", Rachel Kramer Bussel gives us turn-ons of a different kind, when a young goth girl shows a pushy "man's man" who wears not just the pants, but the spike-heeled shoes. Once again, Blue has compiled a book that is both sexy and surprising and as literary as it is libidinous.

What Stephanie Thought: By far one of the most scorching, yet meticulous erotica anthologies I've read, Just Watch Me is a thrill of a read, as well as one heck of a ride.
Selected punctiliously to please women and only women, each short story featured in this Cleis Press collection is every woman's indulgence. There are stories for women who like men, women who like women...women who want the best of both worlds and like both men and women. Women who like it soft and delicate, women who like it hard and exciting. Everyday women who hold utmost dignity to their names, and women who aren't so dignified, but aren't any less reputable either. This anthology is just a book for women.
The stories are just the right length. A book knows it's in trouble when the reader starts to get weary within the first ten pages -- especially if that book is of erotica, which is usually supposed to be an ecstatic read, not a bore. Most erotica anthologies also contain "quickies" -- stories that are too short to really get into (spanning two to three pages, usually). Most of the pieces featured in Just Watch Me ended right when the plot began to stale, having me at the edge of arousal each time. It's an incredible feeling, almost like an orgasm, being so excited, only to have that kindling die down right before it explodes.
I also loved how there was so much variety. Usually, I find a trend in erotica anthologies; after three or four stories, they all seem to blend together. You know what I'm talking about: A notices B from across the room, A sees a spark in B's eyes, A coyly approaches B, B follows A home, A and B have sex, A and B promise to have sex again later. But not in Just Watch Me. Every story was different, differently good, at that, for lack of better words. With Violet Blue, I never got bored. Every story was unique and arousing in its own way.
I definitely recommend Just Watch Me to any woman in search of solo satisfaction. Better yet, if you're looking to spice things up a little with your partner in the bedroom, this anthology just may be your perfect match.

Stephanie Loves: "'I've been trying to find some kind of pattern in the books you choose, but I can't.' He sounded amused, but his voice dropped low, as if he were sharing an urgent secret.
'Oh, I just take whatever seems to jump out at me. I don't want to be systematic.' I was proud of myself for sounding so casual. I even turned and glanced at his shirt buttons, then up to his face. 'It's more fun when you let things surprise you.'
'That's true.' His voice was softer, and more careful. I tried hard not to stare at his mouth. 'But then sometimes something will really speak to you, and you have to find the courage to follow it.'" from Teresa Lamai's "In Snow" -- hate to pick favorites, but it was my favorite story out of the anthology. Read Just Watch Me, even if only for that story :)

Where Stephanie Got It: Naked Reader Book Club via EdenFantasys for review.

Radical Rating: 9 hearts- One of my all-time favorites!

4.0 out of 5 stars I've Been Here Before, March 21, 2014
For me this book was déjà vu, all over again. Right from the beginning, it seemed awfully familiar. I double-checked to make sure I'd not read it before--nope, spine was unbroken, pages still pristine, no notes or highlighting, and no posted review.

So I went back and checked, and found the answer in my 20 September 2008 review of Best Women's Erotica 2006. Same book, different titles. This book IS Best Women's Erotica 2006. Same stories, in the exact same order, same number of pages. I give four stars here only because I feel a bit duped in having bought an identical book with a different cover and title.

So what to say about this book that I didn't say in 2008? Uh, well, it still basically works. Even though I'd read it all five and a half years ago, the stories still captured my attention, still took me away, and still got through to me just like they are supposed to.

I note that of the 20 stories, there is only one that is from a male author (at as far as we can tell from the authors' names), Lee Skinner's "Vicarious." As this is a book of erotica for women, I found the inclusion of this story interesting, in that it relates a two-man, one-woman threesome, with one man sharing his woman with his boss and friend, written from the male POV. So how did it come to be in an apparently carefully selected collection of erotica for women? My guess is its core message of a man, basically a good guy, so deeply grateful for the attention and especially the pure lust and open-minded willingness of a mature woman. He says it twice in the story, and even closes with it: "Thank you." I couldn't agree more.

Bottom line: This is a fine book of erotic fiction, which will work for any man or woman in the mood for unflinchingly written adult stories. Just make sure you only buy one.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, July 13, 2013
skye akimbo (Vallejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written erotica, June 13, 2013
I bought this book and Women in Lust at the same time. Both priced the same. I started the 2nd book first and was not impressed. After a few stories I switched to Just Watch Me and didn't put it down til I finished. The stories were longer than other erotica I've read and the characters were so good and well developed that I was sucked right into their world. As Violet Blue writes in the preface, she wished she was a player in each and every one. I felt the same way. I really loved the story being told from a woman's perspective. Plus they were really strong, sexy women! Made me want to dominate my man...

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Watch Me, June 7, 2013
A real turn on for my wife. Gets her in the mood for some great love making. Descriptive but not over the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A BOOK/, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Just Watch Me: Erotica for Women (Paperback)
I totoly enjoyed this book.IT held my interest and gave me some great ideas.I was hooked i could not put the book down ..PLEASE READ IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, February 8, 2013
The stories are pretty boring and basic stuff. Not sure why they call it erotica. Nothing more than you would find in a basic trashy love story. Sometimes less. Very disappointed!!!!!

Just Watch Me: Erotica for Women
Just Watch Me: Erotica for Women by Violet Blue (Paperback - September 14, 2010)
$14.95 $13.03