Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 29, 2009
I've always liked Kathie Lee, but I was a bit surprised by this book. While I enjoyed the funny Cassidy and Cody stories when they were little, I was surprised by some of the odd things she choose to write about. Some of her language was a bit of surprise to me, since I know she is spiritual and her brother is a minister. Maybe that was to sell more books, I'm not sure.

At times I felt that she will never be happy with her body or getting older. (She brings those up often)
She calls her Mom by her first name, but yet her Dad was always called Daddy. I found that a bit odd. But then again I thought the title of the book was a bit odd also.

I did like the quick short chapters making this book a fast read. It was almost written like a blog or a diary, as sometimes she mentions where she is writing it. Some were witty and well written, yet other stories were just down right weird. I guess we all have our good days and bad.

Overall though I think she gave it her best shot. I admire her charitable causes and enjoy her with Hoda on the Today Show.
(In small doses that is... mostly just the chat session in the beginning and not everyday either.)
on June 5, 2009
Don't waste your money or your time on this book. I am a huge fan of Kathie Lee's but this was not worth the read.

She did not share anything that the readers didn't already know. The pictures were the same ones that have been circulating for years. She also comes across as a bit narcistic.

Why she felt the need to add the lyrics to a lot of her songs is beyond my comprehension. After the third one I just skimmed over it.

She is a very talented lady and I wish she would have put more energy into giving us just a little peek into her private life. Oh well, maybe next time.
on April 19, 2009
Humorful and lighthearted stories from Kathie Lee`s life from her days in television and in her personal life. Quick and easy read. If you have followed Kathie Lee over the years, I think you will enjoy this one.
on June 6, 2009
This was an easy, enjoyable read. Perhaps this is a new trend in writing autobiographies because Marie Osmond's book is similar. Rather than long chapters it's written in short essays on a variety of topics. Almost like if you were carrying on a conversation with a friend. They are short & sweet. You are not encumbered with too many words to make a chapter, like you are with other books. It's fun, filled with humor and also makes you see that being a celebrity does not shield them from the life that we all experience. Health issues, death of loved ones, tragedies, pets etc. I read alot of autobiographies but only keep certain ones for my collection...This ones a keeper!
on July 4, 2009
I wanted a little light reading to get me through a tough time. I picked this up in hopes that it would be entertaining, and I was not disappointed. In fact, I found it to be delightful! Kathy Lee has no problem poking fun at herself and her failures. She has a very sunny outlook on almost every situation, and her stories about her kids and her husband are both touching and funny. The names she drops about people in Hollywood are not gratuitous; they are alternately hilarious or sweet. The book is both raucous at times and sentimental at others. Any woman who is near her age will find this book to be a quick and funny read. I highly recommend it.
on May 19, 2009
Witty and charming. Kathie Lee is very open and precise. Shares her life with her husband and children in short sequences...makes for a comfortable read in her easy-going style.
Very down-to-earth....if you are a Kathie Lee fan, you will be an even greater one....she's a celebrity, but once you read her book, you feel as if she could be your next-door neighbor.
I loved her style and her ability to relate so well to the reader.
A fun read.
Well-written book.
on July 17, 2009
Kathie makes a good number of observations that people need to think about and if we thought about these points and acted on thm the world would be much nicer.
on May 2, 2009
Kathie Lee's life stories are amusing and uplifting. She doesn't take herself too serious. She openly laughs at her self and her life. Chances are you will laugh, too. I know I did.
on July 29, 2009
Kathie Lee Gifford's latest book is a charming read, perfect for summer nights out on the patio. She's had some wonderful experiences, yet she also has had her share of trials and tribulations as well. I have always thought she was so persecuted in the press because she was, and is, a happy person. So many of her critics cannot understand her inner happiness and vilify her for it. FORGETABUTIT, Kathie Lee, and just keep writing these uplifting memoirs! I especially like the one about her son turning 15 and communicating solely in grunts, as I am going through that right now! It made me feel like I am not alone!
Thank you, Kathie Lee!
on February 3, 2014
I've been a fan of Kathie Lee for as long as I can remember. Somehow or another she has managed to touch all of our lives who enjoy her right along with our morning coffee. This book was another treat from her, it's always nice to know someone we admire is really just one of us. And yes Kathie, in responce to your poem... You MORE than matter. You matter because of who you are and how you use your wonderful gift to make others smile, and be happy. It's that simple. Thank you!