5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Delight To Read
This book absolutely enraptured me as a child back in the 70's, and now, with the anticipated birth of my own first child, this is one of the staple books with which I will start my baby's library. The gentle, sweet storyline combined with charmingly detailed drawings will entertain your little one time after time. There's always something new to discover with each...
Published on November 24, 2002 by Amy Wertheim

2.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Child Book
I think this book was a bore for me.It was not a good book.If I was 3 I might like it.This book is not my catagorie of reading.I don't like to read but I read this book because I thought it might be good, but it wasn't.
Published on October 11, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Just For You, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
The Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer are my favorite books for the 2-4 age group. I love the pictures! I love the message that each story brings. The books are something special....They are keepers.
From a grandma...don't give them away, don't donate them, you will pull them out one day....and be glad that you saved them. There is a wide variety of titles. Any one of them is a good place to start.
mbt

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it again Mom!, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
These books are so cute and the kids love them. I've bought other books based on popularity or reading that they are classics for youngsters...and it seems that most of the time none of us likes those books. We got a couple of the Little Critter books from my Aunt and the kids love them so I am back on here looking for more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these books!, October 31, 2010
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
I love these books! My Mom used to read them to me when I was a kid...and now I read them to my son. I remember when I got a little older, I used to find the grasshopper and spider on every page. I ordered more of these critter books...and now there is a mouse on some pages! It's a fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books, July 7, 2010
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
I read these as a child now my daughter loves reading them. She is only learning to read but she has loved these books for over a year anyway. Her favorite part is finding the spider/mouse/grasshopper on each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Critter classic, May 3, 2010
K. M. Steck (Waynesboro, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
What more can you say besides, Just For You is a Mercer Mayer classic. I loved this book growing up and I purchased for my daughter in hopes she will learn to love little critter too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book, great illustrations, April 18, 2010
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
Little Critter books are classics. I was look for a filler to get me over $25 to qualify for free shipping and this fit the bill!

5.0 out of 5 stars From a child's point of view., April 15, 2010
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
I loved this book and the rest of the "Critter" series growing up and I was glad to see that they are still printing the original. The story is about this little critter who tried to do all these nice things for his mother to be helpful and how each task went awry. Perfect for those of us whose kids have ever tried to "help" with something and made more work instead. The illustrations are full of funny little details that my son and I enjoy pointing out to each other. Of the entire "Critter" series this book is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved for many years, March 30, 2010
This book has been a timeless treasure for me. Mercer Mayer Books led me to write my own children's books, often using humor to capture the hearts of all my readers. I loved reading this book in particular because I was one of those "children" who tried so hard to help, but often times things turned out for the worst! He has a way of making it seem like the most important thing in life is that you tried. In these days of rush, rush, rush.....we tend to be a little more impatient. This book is a great reminder to be patient with our children. Mercer, I will read this to my Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren! Thank you! Terri "Hunter" Ward, author of One Starry Night and Aunt Tami's Strawberry Farm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, March 15, 2009
Jamaal Cannon "maaly81" (Colton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
I had this book on vhs tape when I was little, and remember watching it over and over again. great book for kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars My nieces and I really enjoy Little Critter books, August 31, 2008
This review is from: Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) (Paperback)
They're short, they're funny, they're topical, and they're cheap.

This must be one of the first ones - you can see that Little Critter isn't wearing his trademark overalls yet.

He wants to do something special for his mom, but he keeps failing - until the end, when we find out that he succeeded after all. That might go over a young child's head - I guess he succeeded simply by trying? but it's a sweet sentiment anyway.

Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look)
Just for You (Little Critter) (Look-Look) by Mercer Mayer (Paperback - June 30, 1998)
$3.99