Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Just can't get into this one...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2009 12:52:47 AM PST
ChibiNeko says:
I've loved the books so far in the series with a captial L. This one? I just can't get into it. I think part of it is that everyone just seems so ridiculously mean to the main characters that it's just a little bit unbelievable. I know that people can get callous & cruel, but some of the plotlines seem a little too farfetched. The best example is Kate (spoiler) who tricks Aria into spilling that she has an STD (which may or may not be true), making Kate run & tattle to Aria's parents, which makes the parents make Aria spend all her waking time with Kate. That's just too farfetched even for a soap opera. (Ok, I skipped ahead in the book some.) That's just too overly complicated.

I'm going to try giving it another chance b/c I loved the previous books so much, but I just can't work up the enthusiasm like I can. It's not the whole Mona thing either- I can totally see where there would be another A & that there's still Ali's killer at large (if she was even dead). I don't know what it is, I just can't get into this book.

Posted on Jul 19, 2010 11:11:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2010 11:13:04 AM PDT
I had a sneaking liking for the series. On a minor note, I did get sick of Aria's damn yak-fur bag. That damn yak-fur bag is her security blanket and it got old fast.

It is not a totally realistic series. None of the parents were all that involved in the girls' lives and when Emily was sent to her loveless aunt and uncle in Iowa, that raised the question of what was that supposed to accomplish? That part seemed really unrealistic to me, such as when Emily was able to sneak off to an Amish family in another installment. It was good and interesting reading, but you had to be able to suspend reality just a tad.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, Book 5)
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, Book 5) by Sara Shepard (Hardcover - November 25, 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars (181)