Just finished Bloodlines!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 24, 2011 4:06:40 AM PDT
Britt says:
So I just finished Bloodlines last night (the day that it came out) and ran over here to see when it is that The Golden Lily will be coming out... For some reason, I was thinking February (which was hard enough!). Then I saw it doesn't come out until May!!! Richelle is just so talented!!! Sad that it seems so long to me, but it will totally be worth the wait! I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2011 11:00:32 PM PDT
EmmKays says:
They moved it back to June 19, 2012 now. :< I agree. I just finished the book today, and I am itching for more. I can't wait!! I enjoyed the cast of Sydney, Eddie, Jill, and Adrian. I'm not a HUGE Adrian fan, but I do hope he gets his happy ending! I really just wanna see where his and Sydney's relationship will go in Book 2!!!

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 4:44:04 PM PDT
I finished it to and im already counting the days to the next one!!!
I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 5:55:36 PM PDT
aen says:
OMG!!! what do you think is going to happen with Dimiti in this one? If Dimiti is going to be there then I bet Rose will be showing up semi-frequently.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 11:30:22 AM PDT
Lara says:
Well, I heard these series will be 6 books too, so I do not think it will be moving towards Happy End very fast. We have to be patient.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 4:48:53 PM PDT
Ok, can I hear some theories.??! I mean, I hate the idead (much like everyone else) of having to wait SO much for the next book and I LOVE reading theories and speculations on what will happen next... it helps me relax a bit :P Here's what I think:
- Richelle said that it was fun and interesting writing Sydney dating, so I'm guessing she'll be dating Trey (who seems cute, interesd in her, and has things in common with her)
- While on the subject of Trey, is there anybody else that thinks he's 'iffy'.? I got that vibe from Lee and look how it turned out -_- I'm thinking that the fact that he's Miss Telliwhatever's aid is no coincidence. Remember hw nervous he got when Sydney asked him about his tattoo.? I'm thinking he's sort of a witch too and that's why he's working with that teacher. So maybe he knows what Sydney is and maybe not, but there's something definitely going on with him... I think
- I hope I'm not the only one that wants Eddie and Jill to be together, 'cause I suspected it since they started releasing the Eddie teaser quotes on twitter.! That being said, I also think there's something 'iffy' about Micah... Idk what, but there's something... I still don't have any theories :P
- Oh, and I'm thinking Keith will be back someday... and that won't be very pleasant "/
- Oh.! Who else thinks Robert Doru is the one that changed Lee.?!! Idk if that's gonna be important for this series, but... yeah.

Ok, so I'm gonna stop writing now. I just get too excited :P So, what are your thoughts, theories.? What left you wanting more (like the dramatic Dimitri entrance).? What do you think will happen next.? ;)

June 19th can't come any sooner.!! ;P

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 8:40:32 PM PDT
Grace says:
I think Robert Doru is the one that changed Lee.
I think Sydney will fall in love with Adrian and viceversa so, its going to be interesting how their love develops because of Sydney's rigid ways.
I think Dimitri and Adrian will fight often.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 11:51:20 PM PDT
At first, I also tought it had been Robert Doru that changed Lee, but in Spirit Bound it says that he changed a woman, so that knocks him off the list... Maybe a new spirit user is introduced.? Or maybe it was one of the spirit user we already know, but don't know much about [Like Avery or Sonya... I don't think it could've been Oksana because she seems like she hasn't been to the US recently and neither Adrian nor Lissa obviously did it... Hmmm].
As for Adrian and Sydney... I REALLY hope they end up together and find a way to get over the whole humans and Moroi thing, because I LOVE their bickering and they seem to have a connection.! Plus, they complement eachother ;)
Haha it's gonna be a REALLY interesting dynamic between Adrian and Dimitri... can't wait.! :)

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 4:41:14 AM PST
K. Reh says:
I thought the same things:

-Robert Duru was the possible spirit user who changed Lee even though they said he changed a woman in Spirit Bound that doesn't mean he didn't change anyone else back.

-Trey has something to hide with the tattoo and his dad expecting perfection, so I am thinking witch or something else and even considered Dhamphir.

-I think Sydney and Adrian need to be together. The romantic tension was just dripping off them by the end of the book and I want Adrian to find some happiness. Plus they seem good together even if they don't realize it yet,

-I love Dimitri, so I hope Rose will be back some more even though it torments Adrian. Rose and Dimitri were my favorite parts of the VA series.

-I hope Eddie is able to express his feeling towards Jill without too much rejection.

I love this series and Vampire Academy too, but they are so addicting. I get so involved with the characters and feel like I could know them if they were real. I want them all to be happy, but that would not make for a great story line if everyone got a happy ending.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 8:25:25 PM PST
Jeanne Fike says:
I just finished this book up yesterday. Had to cram it all in one day because I just could NOT stop. I just had to know which ALWAYS happens when I read anything VA. ;) I love Sydney in terms of her character and how she can be stubborn, though I was a little irritated with her "NO MAGIC" thing. I can understand being rather "eh" about it, but her strict "humans can't do it" mantra was...eh to read. But, it's her character. (Though Idk why you'd be so adamant against it if it saved your butt...) Hopefully that'll change in the next book (or two...or three... TT). I think the introduction of humans being able to use magic is an interest development. But does anyone else find it funny that Sydney says using magic is unnatural, yet the kind of magic that vampires (the Moroi anyway) is related to nature itself? Spirit aside, though I guess since life and all that natural, I suppose it counts, too.

I think waiting for Adrian and Sydney to finally get together is going to be EXCRUCIATINGLY painful for readers. While I think Adrian would be the first to start moving in, you just KNOW Sydney's going to drag her feet and stand her ground for as long as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out...just not if I have to wait several books for it to finally resolve and makes us all go "AWWWWWWWWWW!"

Hopefully we can see some of Dimitri and Rose together. Idk how that'd work since that would mean either Lissa's left at Court or everyone else goes to Court...but...still wanna see it anyway. I just love those two to pieces.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 12:37:20 PM PST
I totally agree with the fact that VA (and now Bloodlines) are addicting.! I just couldn't put down the book and it's torture not knowing what happens next.! I discovered VA this summer, so every book was already out and I didn't have to wait for any of them, I just read non-stop ;P So this is torture for me.!!
I also agree that I think Trey might me a warlock or something like that; the tattoo and the strict dad I think were clues.
And I also think Adrian and Sydney need to be together NOW! (please?) I mean, they have to had noticed it already and Adriand making the first move makes sense. I just don't wanna have to wait until the 5th or last book for something to actually happen! "/ I mean, we got some Dimitri/Rose action (kissing action) in the first book (even if it's a whole different circumstance).
I also would like to see Rose, because that would help Adrian notice that he's over her and Sydney's been helping him ;)
Oh, and I also belive that the law that says that the Queen/King doesn't have to have a living relative is going to pass, but Jill's gonna wanna stay in school and attempt to have a normal life. I mean, that law can't be 'in process of being accepted or rejected' for 6 books! Right? :P
Ok, I'll stop now :) Any other theories? Thoughts? Sydrian FanFic recommendation? PlHaha I love reading discussions and stuff, helps with my anxiety ;P

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 12:46:10 PM PST
OMG.! Richelle just posted 3 The Golden Lily quotes on her blog.!! If you haven't checked them out, please do ;) If you have, who do you think is telling them??! Here are my theories:
--Quote #1: Sydney to Adrian?? // Or any of the characters to the designer Jill walked for in Bloodlines??
--Quote #2: Trey or Eddie or Jill or Adrian to Sydney?? (WOW, I sure know how to narrow it down! :P Ok, I'm leaning towards Trey.
--Quote #3: Eddie to Jill or Sydney?? // Or Adrian to Sydney?? (That'd be AMAZING, btw ;D) // Or Dimitri to... anyone, really ;P Mostly, I'm thinking Jill. Or Sydney.

Ok, please tell what you're thinking, I'd love to hear other people's opinions! I'm so excited! And I *really* think it's not what it sound like and Richelle is just messing around with us and laughing as she reads crazy theories :P I love that, though ;D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Aug 24, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Golden Lily: A Bloodlines Novel
The Golden Lily: A Bloodlines Novel by Richelle Mead (Hardcover - June 12, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (476)