Customer Discussions > PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch forum

Just as good as 1st ed. bundle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2012 12:25:58 PM PST
Jesse Potter says:
Just as the title says, do you think this case is just as good as the case that comes in the first edition bundle? Obviously, there are superficial differences, but it appears to do the exact same thing. Thoughts?

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 5:54:25 PM PST
Patrick R says:
Hm idk but i just need a good expansive case to protect my vita when im not using it ... im sticking with this one

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 7:52:18 AM PST
C. Riccio says:
I personally like the one that comes with the 1st edition bundle better, but this one has the same storage ability.
I'm not getting the 1st Edition bundle, so I'll be picking up one of these most likely.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:06:59 PM PST
D. Brady says:
I'm not sure if the one that comes with the first edition bundle covers the sides. If you look up the regular vita case on Amazon, the sides of the device are exposed. I also like the card holders in this one.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 8:17:01 AM PST
C. Riccio says:
The one that comes with the FEB is different than the ones that are currently on sale. It's a hard clamshell case that the system fits into and holds the accessories and 4 game cards like this one. That case is only available in the FEB.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 4:24:09 AM PST
Is this the same one in starter kit

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 7:50:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2012 7:50:36 PM PST
mysongska says:
@David
no this is a zip up pouch... the starter kit one is more like a sleeve.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 10:52:47 PM PST
AngelGel says:
the case of the first edition bundle is way better than this cheap bag.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 6:44:19 AM PST
Scott E. says:
I actually think this is the best Vita case available. Spots to hold a a few games, all the cables and the system all protected.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 9:12:44 AM PST
C. Riccio says:
As far as spots for stuff... this has the same amount as the one in the FEB. But from the looks of it... you can fit other stuff in there too... like one of the Vita game card cases. :)

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 5:12:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2012 5:13:18 AM PST
Mark says:
The FEB case is hard clamshell that fits Vita, a flap for 4 games that also protects the Vita, and a netted area for additional storage. I use it to store a microfiber cloth. Putting the ac adapter in the netted area won't work. Its pretty tight and tough to close the clamshell case. The travel case might work better for this since it is a soft case.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 7:35:54 AM PST
C. Riccio says:
Good to know... thanks Silntdrgn!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 6:32:50 AM PST
The first edition bundle case zippers go all the way around to the beginning of the back (maybe an inch on each side). However, this case smells HORRIBLE and makes the vita smell, if kept in it.

I'm trying to keep the case (Vita-less, of course!) outside as much as possible and the smell is going way down. I have allergies and the odor really bothers me. If I can get rid of the smell, it will be a good case, I think. If I had bought just the case, I would have returned it, but I didn't want to give up the vita! 8-) While I have the case outside to air out, I air out the Vita inside -- I don't know what possessed Sony to think that the odor of the first edition bundle case would not be a problem?

I personally would be uncomfortable with a case that only unzips halfway for the Vita. While my psp go case only opened halfway, the go was closed and protected when I shoved it in there.

P.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch
PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (247)