Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2012 8:08:41 AM PDT
Jovana J says:
That alone sells it to me, because I can be that shallow. Just beautiful artwork. I cant wait for this book.

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 5:05:21 PM PDT
Consuelo says:
I just can't wait for this book!! I want her to be with Will but I also feel sorry for Jem!!

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 9:15:03 PM PDT
JMT says:
I don't want her to break Jems heart! I love the way she developed the story usually at this point I would have picked a team:Jen or will;but I'm split.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:00:09 AM PDT
Jovana J says:
I can understand the sentiments of not breaking poor Jem's heart, but at the same time, I'm looking at the whole romantic situation of the matter. In two books, I never felt that Tessa was truly romantically "in love" with Jem. I think she respects him, feels great gratitude for his kindness, but passion is simply not there. Had Will made it on time to tell her his feelings, I honestly doubt she would accept Jem's proposal. I respect her for not waiting for Will, but at the same time, It pisses me off that the whole thing has turned into one GIANT pity party for Jem. I dont think the guy deserves it. I would hate for someone to be with me because they pity me or feel sorry for me. Jem has become the Mary Sue of male characters. I dont see a whole lot of his personality, only that everyone else around him worships his goodness. Didnt Sophie refer to him as "saint" at one point? Tessa was simply cornered in my opinion, to finally be with him. While he is good, it seems that he is almost too good - flaw free. Funny thing is, I always go for the "good" guy in these books (Peeta, Jacob etc), but in this particular case, I cannot get behind Jem. He is simply too cookie-cutter for me. Will and Tessa on the other hand...I feel their chemistry in each interaction. It breaks me in half knowing they are doomed because there is absolutely no way for two of them to end together, and NOT hurt Jem.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 9:18:42 AM PDT
Briana K says:
No matter what at some point...Jem will find Tessa in the arms of his best friend. Tessa treated it like a game show. She didn't think a very long time about if she really LOVED Jem. I don't like Jem that much, but I sympathize for him.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:04:09 PM PST
I absolutely cannot wait for this book. I think that the triangle is doomed. Neither Tessa nor Will want to hurt Jem, because they think he is too fragile. I believe that she loves Jem, but not as passionately as she loves Will. She does love him, just not in the same way. I think that Will is a very interesting and complex character. It's true that Jem has few flaws, but I think that he does have some. One of his major flaws is that he couldn't tell that his best friend was in love with the same woman as him. That, to me, shows that he isn't good at reading someone who's supposed to be part of his soul. I think that he is partially a little bit selfish, too. He is so wrapped up in his own happiness that he can't see everyone else's problems. However, I love Jem. I think his story is tragic. I would hate for him to be crushed, because it might affect his illness.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 6:21:28 PM PST
Waiting for this book is agony. I want Tessa to be with with Will, because they have obvious chemistry, but they would never hurt Jem like that. I feel sorry for Jem, he doesn't get much of a life. I also have to think about the Mortal Instruments where I'm pretty sure Tessa made an appearance in. There might be a happy ending, but this whole series ties into the next.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 12:12:44 PM PDT
F. Purkiss says:
Personally, I'd be a lot happier if Will and Jem got together and Tessa found happiness elsewhere. Gabriel Lightwood, perhaps? I find Will and Jem's relationship with each other far more interesting than Tessa's relationship with either one. But alas.. Maybe this is a bit morbid, but due to Magnus's comment to Isabel in Mortal Instruments about having known Parabati who can't live without the other, I'd be the most satisfied with this series (IF Jem ends up dying) if Will just cannot survive without him and dies too, from a broken heart. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't feel strongly about Tessa with either Jem or Will, but if I had to choose it would be Jem simply because *I* like him more. Sweet, gentle boys are my weakness.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 1:23:19 PM PDT
I completely agree, but at the same time I want Jem to have a happy ending... just not with Tessa
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices)
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices) by Cassandra Clare (Hardcover - March 19, 2013)
4.8 out of 5 stars (2,362)