Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2013 9:36:23 AM PST
A Gamer Guy says:
For this type of game, if I buy the PS3 version why would I want the Vita version as well? I mean, I'll gladly take it, but I pretty much would have no use for it if I've already played through the game on PS3 other than to waste precious space on my overpriced Vita memory card. For a game like All-Stars Battle Royale which is like a fighting game which I can easily pick and play when I'm on go and not have to worry about playing through a huge campaign I can easily understand cross-buy, but not so much for this type of game. I'm guessing its only cross-buy because its a first party title?

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:15:35 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
You're one of those people who complain about Blu-ray/DVD combo packs too, I'll bet. It's not costing you any more or less, it's a free BONUS! Why on Earth would you complain about it? Sheesh! People these days, you just can't please them!

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 9:47:18 AM PST
I also don't see the point of complaining about a free bonus...

However, it does bring up a problem with the vita worth complaining about. The PS3 cross buy promotion gets you a digital copy of the vita version...which is 3.5 GB! That's bigger than Uncharted!

If you have a 4 GB memory card (which shouldn't even exist, considering the size of vita games), you'll probably have to buy a new card if you want to take advantage of this promotion. I have a 32 GB card and if I got the PS3 version of Sly, I would probably claim but not download the vita version. It's not worth taking up the space. I've been conservative with my purchases and my card is already over half way filled. If I can play a game on the PS3, it's just not worth the precious gigs on my vita memory card. I hope they release larger memory cards in the future. It's like Sony is discouraging me from buying more games from their store.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2013 6:11:24 PM PDT
Looks like nobody is talking about the cross-play feature Vita/PS3 (mind it, I discovered it 2 days before getting my platinum...).
Here's how it works: Game Options -> AR Server -> On on your PS3, start your Vita and go to AR Treasures mode. Push a couple of time on the Left shoulder button and Voila!
You now have a virtual "Infrared" binocular on your Vita that will show the location of all treasures in glowing Gold (even through walls), in the same point of view as your PS3.
So, if it was only for cross-save, I would agree with you guys. But that AR Treasures feature is top of the line!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Playstation 3
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (218)