Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Just picked it up from Gamestop

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2012 3:16:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 3:18:18 PM PDT
J. Jenkins says:
Fantastic build quality, the sound quality is a step up from the old headset, I miss the easy accessibility of tapping on the side of headset and knowing that you muted your mic but the earphone mic mute button seems to work well enough.

The buttons are along the sides of the earpads, spaced out fairly evenly, the earpads "cup" your ears slightly so it feels natural once on your head, I wish there was a bit more padding on the top but it's not by any means a dealbreaker.

There is a new "mode" button on the right earpad, with the headset on you can switch it to multiple modes, "game, shooter, fighting, racing, movie, music."

At first I thought the bass impact was a bit gimmicky, but after playing with it at around 40% volume it does seem to make a difference, for example I played uncharted 3 and was able to "feel" each shot of my machine gun, so that was pretty awesome.

Oh, and you can have the phones turned off when you connect via the aux cable, it seems like it just uses the electricity of the device rather than the on-board battery.

If anyone has any questions let me know!

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:50:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 6:52:13 PM PDT
Is it nation wide GameStop or just the one near your house...can you make a YouTube review video, I'm on the fence about these headphones, I'm thinking about afterglow universal wireless headphones which work with ps3, 360 and pc....or the ps3 headphones

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 4:50:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2012 9:00:09 AM PDT
J. Jenkins says:
Seems to be nationwide, I double checked on the website and it also says that it has been released

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/pulse-wireless-stereo-headset-elite-edition/102416

Not really sure how a video is going to help haha, but I'll make one really fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x72oZ4Hw1i4

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:38:59 PM PDT
D. H. says:
When you connect the headset to your phone or mobile device, can you use the microphone in the headset to speak? So for instance, would I be able to use this headset to talk to someone on an iPhone or skype without using the phone's mic.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 8:11:31 PM PDT
Jim says:
Can you use this on the PS3 and a PC at the same time using the AUX cable? (Skype..etc).

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 10:07:27 PM PDT
D. H. says:
Aux input overrides USB dongle according to the reviewer on PSU

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 10:36:28 AM PDT
J. Jenkins says:
DHL

Yes you can use the mic with your phone, just tested it.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 12:21:58 PM PDT
D. H. says:
Thanks for testing it out for me, definitely getting these soon.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 8:25:29 PM PDT
nopity says:
Ok i have a question can you use these wirelessly with your ps3 and at the same time have your phone connected with the aux cable so while your gaming you can hear your phone ring or listen to music etc from another device?

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 6:28:49 AM PDT
how long is the auxiliary wire? Is it for mobile use only or are you supposed to plug the headset in via USB cable? Im planning on mostly using a wired setup on my PS3 so i dont get any wireless interference from my router (my router is within close proximity of my PS3).

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 7:46:13 AM PDT
J. Jenkins says:
The wire is 3 feet long, which to me is a reasonable length.

You are free to use the aux cable whenever, the headset doesn't even need to be charged in order to work, it uses the power from the phone/ps3/device to power it when you are in aux mode.

Nopity

No, it can only be connected to one device at a time

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 12:09:05 PM PDT
so youre saying that if i use my headset wirelessly then i wont have any interference from my router?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 12:25:55 PM PDT
D. H. says:
@Michael

Don't know where you got that notion from but you will probably have to test this out yourself.

The headset was designed for wireless and all its functionalities are mainly when it's paired with the USB receiver in PS3 or PC.

If you plug in the aux. cord, it will override the USB receiver.

In that case it would just be smarter to buy a headset dedicated to wired set-up, not these.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 8:53:57 PM PDT
Elton Ngo says:
Has anyone know if they interfere with the router since they have the same bandwidth?

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:13:13 AM PDT
The "game" preset is the best by far IMO. I tried the "shooter" mode becuase I thought, "hey, I am, playing a shooter", but boy was I wrong. The "shooter" mode made me want to return these headphones

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 5:58:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 5:59:02 AM PDT
R.Suarez says:
@Elton Ngo I was not aware of the frequency issues and last night experienced some problems with my router (internet connection lost, random noises while playing assassins creed) I plan on testing this after work today, all I need to do is turn off the router, if random noises stop then I will have confirmation. If someone reads this and can test before I can that would be great! Either way, this is in my to-do list tonight, will keep you posted!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my router is in the same room as the PS3...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset
Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset by Sony Computer Entertainment (Mac, PlayStation 3 / Vita, Sony PSP, Windows)
4.0 out of 5 stars (1,304)