Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 19, 2011 1:19:34 PM PDT
Alex says:
Coming from someone who got the Halo Reach Legendary Edition, Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, Alan Wake Limited Edition, Dead Rising 2 Limited Edition, the Gears of War 2 Limited Edition, and the Halo 3 Legendary Editions all at deep discounts, unless you absolutely need all this stuff right away, you'll want to wait a few months before purchasing this.

These things are hardly "limited" and they depreciate in value mere months after release here at Amazon and at your local retailers. They take up space for so long and they depreciate in value so they get marked down at a large discount.

Unless you absolutely need it right away, you can probably snag it later at or around 70-90$. You can still get the Killzone Helghast Edition for 79.99 when it was originally 129.99. I think the numbers speak for themselves, folks.

Posted on May 19, 2011 1:34:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2011 2:10:55 PM PDT
SR26 says:
I hear what your saying but most people picking this up are probably hardcore fans of the series like myself so I doubt someone like me would wait months after release to pay less for this. And who knows if it will be available like you say cause you never know there are limited editions that are hard to find and are actually sold at a high price by reseller's. Recent one's for example would be the mortal kombat tournament edition which is selling at the standard price right now but was marked up by resellers when amazon ran out or even the black ops prestige which is still around but selling a little over its regular price and that was not even that good of an edition imo. You could be right about this and could easily be wrong depending if it's a real limited edition its already in the top 10 selling xbox games. I'm not taking any chances already pre-orderd mine today so I don't have to worry about limited supplies.

Posted on May 19, 2011 2:10:25 PM PDT
Chris says:
It's already confirmed that these will only be in limited supply because the statue takes way too long to make if you watch their latest youtube video. It's made with so much detail it's incredible.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2011 2:50:26 PM PDT
Alex says:
Yeah. So was Reach's Legendary Edition. That is still available and plentiful, and was marked down to as low as 79.99. Trust me, they will make plenty of them in China and they will be plentiful.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2011 2:53:09 PM PDT
Alex says:
I understand the hardcore fan wants this right away, I just think it's silly for everyone else to get it at launch when it will get marked down 50-60 dollars. You can get this and a new video game with the money you save.

They can talk up about how limited this will be as Bungie did with their Legendary Editions, and as everyone else does. They'll be on clearance in bulk like every other highly anticipated release's Special Editions are.

Posted on May 19, 2011 4:04:57 PM PDT
You could be right.....or you could be wrong....some things that say (limited quantities) are in fact limited. But as was stated above if someone is thinking about ordering this the chances are they are a hardcore gears fan like me, so people will pretty much do what they want anyway. Saying something will eventually go down in price if you wait longer to buy it is pretty much true, but if you have the money and you think the item is worth it to you then why got it when you wanted and not months down the road.

Just my opinion...

Posted on May 19, 2011 8:16:59 PM PDT
E- 1 says:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance Limited Edition were only available for pre-orders, and think about what's going on with the Mass Effect Limited Edition.

Posted on May 21, 2011 5:21:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2011 5:21:53 PM PDT
A. Knoell says:

Collector's editions are a hit or miss on which ones will hit and be worth more. The Gears one will probably drop in price you are right. Microsoft, and Epic won't make a small amount of these. However anyone shelling out $150 bucks on a game is probably in it for the day one. Nobody wants to be the guy who buys it six months later. I buy all my collectors editions day one since the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition fiasco. Granted only 1000 copies were made for that one.

Posted on May 23, 2011 6:46:42 PM PDT
Peragulator says:
Don't all of these "editions" come with the game? I'm suppose to wait 8 months to a year, get a price drop....THEN play the game?

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 6:56:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2011 6:57:15 AM PDT
Mamba107 says:
I would have to agree with all arguments, but it boils down to economics and practicality.
I was "burned" shelling out 150 bucks for the Halo 3 Legendary edition, only to find it at Best Buy about four months later on "clearance" for 80. So you figure 60 for the game , and 20 for the collectible. However, you are really throwing money away, as you are buying a second copy of the game. How many people really will wait 3-4 months for a markdown to finally buy the game for the first time ?
So, pay 60 for the game and 90 for the collectible now, or 60 for the game now, wait 3-4 months then pay 70-90 for the "collectible" plus a second copy of the game. In the end you are paying about the same regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 12:01:52 PM PDT
Mike Kolb says:
I know a lot of consumer conscious friends who will buy the game day one and then trade it in after they beat it or before they go and pick up the marked down limited edition.

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 10:12:57 AM PDT
Spudkitty says:
See that's the thing. I could wait and buy the epic edition later, but there is no way I'm not playing Gears3 on release day. If I'm buying the game anyway, it makes better sense to get the package now. I don't what a Chinese knockoff, which is sure to be less than par in quality. I'm biting on this now and see no future regrets for me.

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 11:51:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2011 12:00:22 PM PDT
1. Preorder the game here for $40 (after $20 credit).
2. Sell the preorder bonus skin on eBay to someone outside US for at least $10
3. Buy the Epic edition when it's $60.
4. Sell the sealed 2nd copy new for $40.
Total: $50

That's how I got my Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, Alan Wake Limited Edition... ....

Correction: I sold all Halo Reach and Killzone 3 preorder bonus and demo code for way more than $40 on eBay. Actually made money and have the games on day 1. Getting the whatever edition content at a later day for $20.

@Spudkitty. They are all knockoffs made in China. Some made before day 1 and sold for $150. Some made at day 97 for $60. My Halo Legendary Hamlet serial number is 440,xxx. The only different is the sticker with the number on it.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 11:46:07 AM PDT
Tiny says:
Alex makes some good points...I recently picked up the Dead Space 2 collectors edition a couple days ago for just $40...same price as the standard...but now I have 2 copies, but one will go to a friend for his bday present. As for this statue... I could be wrong, but I also think it will decrease in value. Hell...I've been wrong on the Uncharted 2 limited folio edtition.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 9:49:28 PM PDT
A. Pierce says:
I spend $150 or more on just statues of this size and quality anyways, so to me its like Im getting a free game and some other stuff, so I will get it now and not even think twice about it. lol

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 5:14:52 PM PDT
I see what some people are saying about it being cheaper but I believe this is being made more limited than some previous editions. If they add the 20$ bonus they have on the other editions puts this at 130 which could be worth it for some.

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 11:44:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2011 11:46:50 AM PDT
These are all good points but I am a huge fan and I want to play the game Day 1. If I buy the normal edition and then buy the epic edition later I won't have saved any money. If I try to rent it then that leaves it up to me being able to find a rental at Blockbuster on day 1. That's a risky business....But I do agree that it is very likely that this will drop down in price within a few months.

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 6:25:19 PM PDT
Bootleg Zani says:
They always say its in Limited Supply but I only buy games that I NEED on Release Day right away and Gears 3 is one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2011 8:58:24 AM PDT
W. Nesmith says:
Yep. I picked up Reach's Legendary for $59 -- from Amazon, no less. Always best to wait.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 4:19:28 AM PDT
Peragulator says:
Pre-order the game, buy the game, set up an account, list the game, sell the game then ship the game............wouldn't it just be easier to play the game?
Whatever edition you want, or don't want, buy it and enjoy it. Besides a Ferrari, what item comes out and doesn't go down in price?

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 3:44:19 PM PDT
Alex says:
Hey guys,

As some of you already said about waiting months to play the game, you don't have to. Buy the standard edition on release, and wait for the Epic Edition to depreciate in value. Once it does, buy the Epic Edition and either trade off your standard edition or give it away to a friend who doesn't have it so they can play with you. Win/Win. I just don't think anyone needs all the cool trinkets on day one, I feel like I could wait for that. Also the asking price at 149.99 seems a bit steep considering the only addition is the statue and it's nowhere near as detailed or on a scale like the Halo Reach Legendary edition. Just asking people to think with their money a little bit here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2011 5:11:11 PM PDT
Peragulator says:
.........or, everyone could buy the EPIC Edition, don't play the game, wait 6 months and the price will have come down AND then play the game. This way you there on day one with your purchase, you also get to experience the depreciation and you haven't played the game. Much easier than just going to the store and buying one of the "specials".
150 minus 60 equals 90 for the statue and other junk you'll lose or shove in the sock drawer.

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 7:32:38 PM PDT
Walid Badaan says:
hey peeps i live in australia and its obvious that there is limited stock for the epic edition as it has already sold out here. hence why im buying it from Amazon before it sells out here too. Another problem arises though with the game being region free or not. does anyone know if it is??? cus if not then id be wasting my money on a game that wont work on my Australian xbox.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 9:34:33 AM PDT
Terrnece says:
I feel both sides. I was ps3 for the longest! my friend made be play gears of war 1 for about an hour. Loved it. 2 days later Gow2 dropped. that day I went and got an xbox and picked up a gears of war 1 & 2 *I just picked up the first gear of war 2 game I saw and it was the LE. Last one at best buy.* was on ebay looking for gold hammerburst and xbox theme got that for $5 on ebay about 3mo. after. I didn't even know that they had a lancer deal on amazon till last year! I was able to find one on CList for $70. But on ebay it goes for about $125. Yes I got my pre-order in at gamestop. was able to find all the gears delta fig for $85 NIB. Do you see the price that Cole Train is going for here on amazon? Look Bottom Line is I will have my Epic Ed so that I am in control of the goodies that I have. The market is to the point that you can sell whatever it is that you don't want and still come out almost even or better. So Love the advice and I'm sure the price will drop but I spent way to much time looking for all the stuff that I missed/ didn't know about /or just was unable to find after it was released. oh I have 5 gamestops in my area only one store got the MK TE. why *** ALWAYS PRE-ORDER THE BEST YOU CAN ALWAYS DOWNGRADE BABY WOOOOO!***
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  May 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about