4.0 out of 5 stars Cloud Backup
I bought this after encountering many issues with Carbonite, not the least of which was that after a week of running, it had basically only backed up less than 1/8th of my files. I am up to 70% with this software. I bought a 3 year licence, and a daily backup. Whereas Carbonite is a continual backup, this feature costs extra with JustCloud. I hope I never have to take...
Published 21 months ago by Debi Moir

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with Kindle Fire
I have been told that this product is specific for the original Kindle Fire, but when I start to download it I get a message saying it will not work with my version of Kindle. I have notified Justcloud weeks ago, but they have not replied. Please contact them and notify them of this problem.
Published 22 months ago by Mike F. You might do better in...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with Kindle Fire, February 26, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible service, support and very slow!, February 27, 2013
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
I tried JustCloud because it was the apparently a cheap option but it's not, it's just a catch. I had many problems with them.
1. It's not as cheap as they say because later they charge for everything even for posting "support/help tickets" (seriously)
2. It's extremely slow, it took me 5 hours to upload a 1 GB file and it sometimes I had to restart the process because the server fails and the worst part of it is that I had to pay for an upgrade to make it "more fast"
3. I have tried to cancel my account 4 times to stop them billing me from their terrible product and they don't answer my emails or they just tell me "don't leave us, we offer you a special promotion" that I have replied NO many times and they don't want to cancel my account even I paid for a monthly-you-can-cancel-anytime account
4. You have to pay and extra "upgrade" if you want to backup videos or any other different file
Don't pay for this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!!! No better than a scam., November 21, 2013
Brian "Mystery shopper" (Worcestershire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
Avoid Just Cloud. Subscribed in November 2012. Seemed to work at first but incredibly slow on upload. Surpise surprise that one of the innumerable paid extras offered was faster uploads!!?? Justcloud then caused innumerable problems causing PC to crash which they attributed to problems they were having with 64bit OS. Was promised that subscription would be extended free of further charge. Has never worked for me since: it reports that it has successfully backed up but nothing extra is backed up. I requested a refund and account closure way back: ignored!
Now find a second year's subscription has been deducted via Paypal (not even the free extra months they promised you will note!).

Totally gobsmacked!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Scam that comes with harrassment - nothing is free, buyer beware!, July 7, 2014
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
It is not just about whether an app to JustCloud works or not. It is about this company. It is a scam from the start. And once they get your email address you will be harassed forever.

I had signed up for a "free" 1 GB plan this past April just so that I could use a cloud to share some specific files. I was not really looking for a backup, since I back up my laptop to external drive. The advertising with JustCloud does NOT say it HAS to be for backing up. When they mentioned file sharing in their features, I thought this was great. Their app works on a Linux computer, too, which is what I needed. I had it for one day where I put a couple of files I wanted to share on the cloud. The second day I was sent a note that I must "upgrade". I have not even used 10 MB! The email said that the introductory offer ends in two days! So I immediately replied that I will delete the account and I deleted all that was in my account and closed the account. I was hounded with pop ups throughout the cancellation process where I was offered all kinds of deals, including the 1GB plan that I had signed up for and was "the plan" that had been displayed in the account I deleted. Then I received an email in response to the feedback I gave during the cancellation process and was told that I was on a 15 MB plan for 14 days. This all didn't make sense! Then they tell me that I must unsubscribe to stop getting email from them. To unsubscribe you must have an account. I had deleted my account. The response to my email about that fact finally got through. I received a reply that gave an apology and said that they removed my subscription and that it would take 48 hours to activate and apologized if I receive any more email during that time.

Why am I giving this review now? Because JustCloud signed me up with another 1 GB account this past week without my permission. I did not initiate it. I do not want it. When I replied with that, even mentioning my experience in April, I got the same form email that I was given before. I refuse to go through this again! I have sent another email containing all the email messages from the experience in April. Although you are allowed to reply to the email from sales, I believe now that it only generates another form letter signed by someone else. I think sending to feedback at JustCloud dot com does get read. At least I hope so. Depending on the response I get will determine whether I report this to NCL and to the attorney general.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from JustCloud!, August 30, 2013
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
I used the product for just over a year and then got an email from their legal department stating that I was in violation of the terms and my account will be terminated and files deleted in 30 days unless I switched to one of their very expensive business accounts.... What? I am not a business. Bait and switch!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Stream Media, January 12, 2013
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
Contrary to what is implied, this app only lets you download files, not stream your media to Android devices. The app is just a shortcut to their website, as far as I see it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected or wanted, March 25, 2013
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
I wanted Just Cloud to transfer information from my laptop to my Kindle Fire HD. I do not need storage space and only want to transfer certain files such as pictures and contacts. I have not been able to do this and as I computer literate person I find this software very confusing and difficult to work with.

1.0 out of 5 stars none preforming, March 20, 2013
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
I downloaded this app twice on two divices it did not work on either of my divices as a result I removed it from my divices

1.0 out of 5 stars Just(bait & switch)Cloud, May 6, 2014
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
The JustCloud 'hook' is unlimited storage for very little money compared to some other services. What they don't tell you until after you've subscribed to the service is that upload speed is limited (unless you want to pay more). There's a limit on individual file size (unless you want to pay more). Video files are not included in files allowed for backup (unless you want to pay more). Once you're done paying more, you find the total cost is the same as some or substantially more other services where all this is included from the outset or you're notified from the outset that certain file types are not included.

Bait & Switch is the order of the day for this supposed backup service. After you've been uploading files for some undetermined amount of time and if that data is substantial enough, you're likely to receive a 'violation' notice which states that their monitoring system has flagged your account as being outside the boundaries of the normal user. They give you 30 days to remove your files otherwise they will be permanently deleted and your account will be cancelled.

Of course this is where they make you an 'offer', which will be oh so much 'more suitable to your storage needs'. They then go on to list all the advantages of upgrading, at least one of which was offered when you signed up originally but has now been mysteriously flagged as being out of the boundaries of the normal user.

Just click to upgrade! Surprise! Pay us more and we'll let you stay.

No thanks. Buyer beware on this one. If I could rate it as negative stars, I would give it a -5.

1.0 out of 5 stars nope, January 12, 2013
This review is from: JustCloud (App)
It does not work on my kindle. I wish it had. I am rather disapointed.The music player is the only thing that worked.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›