5.0 out of 5 stars Chosen by a Montessori supply catalog
Published on April 12, 2008 by FSG

These tools fell apart on the first use. The screws holding the tool to the handle are so short, they can't be tightened. The drilled hole is a little too wide resulting in a wobbly tool and a sad baby gardener.

Published 10 months ago by Melissa V

5.0 out of 5 stars Chosen by a Montessori supply catalog, April 12, 2008
FSG (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
I don't own this yet, but thought I'd leave a note here saying that the "Child of the World" catalog of products for Montessori schools (I've just been perusing their latest catalog) lists this as their choice for an excellent gardening set for ages 3-6. UPDATE OCT 23, 2008: I wrote the first part of this review Apr. 12, 2008. Shortly after that, I ordered this for my 3-year-old, and she spent the entire summer gardening with me, thrilled to have her own tools that fit her hands yet were durable & felt like grown-ups' tools. And she loved having that tote for them. She now stores her gardening gloves in there, leaves she has collected, her water bottle, a doll, etc. I will be ordering more to give as gifts. Highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great toy, I will use it myself, January 23, 2010
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
This "toy" is the real thing. My daughter asked for it when she saw it over christmas in a boutique. I ordered it from Amazon because it was significantly cheaper. The toy does not disapoint, all of the tools are real, but sized down to fit a child. The bag is cute and sturdy enough to use in a real garden. This is my daughter's second set of gardening tools. Her first, was more expensive and purchased at a home improvement gardening center, but they were plastic and too difficult for her to use. She has already announced that she will have her own garden this year. I believe she plans to plant barbies and potatos. I know the potatos will grown, not sure what she imagines a barbie plant will look like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardening for Little People, January 13, 2009
K. Smith (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
I purchased this garden tool kit and tote for a 6 year old who loves to work in the yard. It is sometimes hard to judge the quality of a product without seeing it. This one did not disappoint me. The tools were constructed of wood and metal, and the tote was made of sturdy canvas with cute bugs stamped on the side. I added a pair of garden gloves and some seed packets in the the tote to make a really cute gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor tool workmanship = learning disappointment at an early age, April 23, 2014
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)

We took the tool parts off, turned them around, and redrilled holes with new screws. We then used wood glue to further strengthen the attachment. Our little gardener hasn't managed to break them since.

The bag is great and has held up to being filled with water, dirt, weeds, and a number of other garden items.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Budding Little Gardeners, September 6, 2008
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
My husband and I plant a vegetable garden every year and since our daughter was an infant she expressed an interest in helping Daddy in the garden. In time for our planting season this year, we purchased this adorable garden tote that comes with metal tools. She has used it everyday that she has played in and around the garden all summer. It's really sweet to see that she has an interest in helping to grow the vegetables and nice for her to have her own tools so that she feels like a big girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for budding gardners, March 25, 2011
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
Received this set today and it is very well made perfect for little ones with small hands great for two year olds to five year olds maybe six year old just like mom and dads nice metal ends and wooden handles and the tote is darling for a boy or girl with plenty of room for more gardening necessities highly recommend for your little helper they will feel grown up with this set I purchased a watering can because it did not have one no biggie for the price its worth it will make great gifts too will buy more for sure

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not for serious gardening, December 15, 2008
Kat J (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
We moved to a house with quite a bit of property so I bought this for my kids. It is cute, but more toy than really tools for kids over [...] since the shovel and spades are so small, you can't really do a good job digging to transplant any plants larger than 2" x 2". We have clay soil & handles with some length are required to get any leverage. Great as intro to gardening for the kids to play around in the yard, but if they are really going to help you out, get them some of the more ergonomic grown up tools that really work well and are less frustrating to get quick results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toysmith Garden Tote with Tools, September 22, 2012
Jean K (Roswell, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
I love this product and use it daily! The product has wooden handles which are nailed in place in the wood and the tote is made of thick canvas. All items were constructed better than expected. There is ample room in the tote for other items that I keep in there so they will be in one place. I love this product and will continue to use it although I use it for other purposes and will continue to do so! It is perfect!

Thanks Amazon!
J Kedzior

3.0 out of 5 stars Shovel broke within hours, May 10, 2014
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
This is such a cute gardening set, and my kids (5 and 3), were so excited when we opened the box. Unfortunately, the handle came off of the shovel within hours on the first day. I tried to hammer the handle back in, but it just keeps falling out. The kids don't play with the shovel anymore, but continue to play with the rake and trowel.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toysmith, April 27, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote (Toy)
I was really disappointed with this product. The bag was inferior and the tools was designed more for preschoolers than older children. It was very light weight and was not what I expected as displayed in the picture. The only reason I didn't return it is because I didn't want to pay the shipping cost.

JustForKids Garden Tool Set with Tote