5.0 out of 5 stars Justice League Unlimited Saving the World
If you can't buy them all this is one you will want to get-it explains how the Justice League came about...not all super heros want to be a part of it. There is a wonderful episode where Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are turned into children. You'll see heros that you will want to see more of-these are episodes that adults and children can enjoy.
Published on July 22, 2006 by Joseph L. Etter

2.0 out of 5 stars A pretty "limited" disc
Published on February 13, 2005 by Simon

2.0 out of 5 stars A pretty "limited" disc, February 13, 2005
Simon (Brampton, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Justice League Unlimited: Saving the World - DC Comics Kids Collection (DVD)
Justice League Unlimited takes place after the events of the Justice League "Starcrossed" three parter. Hawkgirl is gone, a new watchtower has been built, Green Lantern has shaved his head and grown a goatee, and almost 60 new heroes from the DC Universe have been invited to join up. Format-wise, this new series presents shorter, half-hour adventures instead of the one-hour adventures of the previous series. This disc gives us three of them:

Initiation - the first episode. A nice setup for the new format, with lots of great action and characterization, but pretty bland in terms of actual plot.

Hawk and Dove - introduces two superhero brothers voiced, in a nice bit of casting, by the two brothers from the classic Wonder Years show. However the plot is a rehash of Initiation, and the episode shoves a moral down our throats that almost makes it an after school special.

Kid Stuff - the core members of the JLU are transformed into kids to defeat Mordred. I personally find this one hilarious, but it's definitely more out there compared to other JLU episodes, and I know a lot of hardcore fans found it absurd and pointless.

And thats it. Only 3 episodes of either average or debatable quality, and no good extras to boot. Worse, its possible this disc will be in cropped fullscreen to appeal to little kids who dont like the black bars. Even if it's not, I find this marketing strategy suspicious considering WB has been giving us great volume sets of Batman and Superman lately, and very good single-disc releases of Teen Titans and Static Shock with twice the amount of episodes. I'd personally hold off on this disc until we know what else is coming down the pipeline.

1.0 out of 5 stars We Want Seasoned Sets!!, February 19, 2005
Dr. BT (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I just can't believe that Warner Bros. still are putting out 3 episodes at a time. This is an incredible series but it's not getting the type of DVD justice it deserves. Sadly, the Justice League gets no justice!! We fans demand seasoned sets to be released.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS DVD!, July 5, 2005
It's an understatement that many of us feel ripped off by WB's attempt to unfairly empty our wallets. If we refuse to buy these horribly priced episode dvds and at the same time purchase the available full season box sets that are of value then we can make some headway. They are in the business of making $$$. Slowing their cash flow will force them to give us consumers' products we demand or risk losing our disposable income. Die-hard fans of this series and other series must convince every parent to withhold from purchasing these dvds until full seasons are made available. C'mon WB, we love these shows and will pay for them. We only ask that you don't rape our wallets. Give us the full season box sets much sooner.

1.0 out of 5 stars WB Get it together! Don't buy this disk!, July 5, 2005
Honestly, I have no idea what WB is thinking! Putting a measly three episodes on one DVD is just a greedy and obnoxious way to irritate fans of the series. ATTENTION WB executives either put out the entire series season by season onto DVD or just stop all together. This is just crummy, cheap, and annoying!

1.0 out of 5 stars It's really a shame ..., July 21, 2005
Ron Sullivan (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of the worse cases of price-gouging I've seen in quite a while.

Personally, I LOVE the JLU tv show and I wouldn't think twice to pick up a box set (if they'd just release one). However, to make fans of the show buy it (basically) episode-by-episode, is really ridiculous.

I'm sure there'll be a box set at some point, you'd do better to save your money until then. If you need a fix in the meantime, these discs would make better rentals.

1.0 out of 5 stars Give us fans Boxed Sets!, July 25, 2005
WB is doing a very, very poor job with the DVD release of this GREAT, GREAT, GREAT show! They don't realize that the fan base for justice league isn't kids! WE WANT COMPLETE SEASON BOXED SETS! Do not waste your money on this and save it until WB caves in and releases complete seasons.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not A Very Good Disc..., April 26, 2005
Big Sam! (Washington, DC.) - See all my reviews
Not even a 'good' disc. I am appaled that WB is still releasing this three episode BS.

If they think that they will make more money by releasing 3 shows at a time, I have news for them. I REFUSE TO BUY ANOTHER JLU DISC UNTIL THE ENTIRE SEASON IS AVAILABLE! CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The series is incredible..., June 16, 2005
Richard E. Howard "seishin" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
...but once again we get no full seasons. What goes through the WB marketing department's minds I'll have no idea. As I did with the Batman, Batman Beyond and Superman series, I'll hold off until they put out something worth buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warner Bros. just doesn't get it., February 16, 2005
Neil Ferreira (Rocky Hill, CT United States) - See all my reviews
It's amazing how WB execs simply refuse to cash in on the season set phenomenon. This disc is pure garbage in terms of content and an insult to fans who are willing to spend money on their product but simply aren't given anything worth buying. Only 3 episodes? I am boycotting WB until they give the public season sets or at least a better value for our hard earned disposable income.

1.0 out of 5 stars WB Rip Off, August 12, 2005
WB - Either Step up with the option to buy the entire season at a time (Widescreen please) or don't bother. This is a good show and deserves to be put out with the entire season as well as extras. You are trying to develope a franchise with Batman Begins and the new Superman movie stop with the shortcuts already.

Justice League Unlimited: Saving the World - DC Comics Kids Collection