Justice League for Kids

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2010 5:25:30 PM PST
Natalie says:
I have purchased a few Justice League DVD's for my 3.5 year old son. He loves them and I actually love them too which is a surprise for me as I was never into superheroes or animation. I have noticed that a few episodes do have somewhat adult themes or inuendos (sp?) although my son has no idea what is happening or what the characters are talking about. Just curious if others have opinions about the appropriateness for small kids. Overall, the videos have been great tools for discussing good versus "bad" guys, responsibility, etc.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 6:39:29 PM PST
saskamazon says:
I bought it for my 5 yr. old .... he loves it . I've watched every episode myself to know what he's being exposed to, & I found it a positive & appropriate choice. There are themes that children will miss the nuance of & engages the adult viewer, but not anything I thought was too dreadful .

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 3:12:19 PM PDT
m.doob says:
I watched several of these episodes yesterday with a six year old boy I was babysitting, and had many concerns about the appropriateness for kids. Half naked women, which he noticed, 'butt slaps' by the opposite sex, full lip kisses, and never-ending violence.
My husband wouldn't even stay and watch because of the content. I did watch so I could critique the episodes.
This type of material is desensitizing our kids against the very fabric of morality.
JMO
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions