4.0 out of 5 stars Good flick.
Published on May 19, 2011 by Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars wish it had more
my daughter and i had been anticipating this dvd since we saw both the original movie and the directors cut version.
Published on May 14, 2011 by Patrick C. Clark

4.0 out of 5 stars Good flick., May 19, 2011
I'm a 29 year old heterosexual married male and I'd like to say that I'm sick of people saying this movie is trash because they hate Justin Bieber. I am not a fan of Justin Bieber's music, but this movie was very interesting and entertaining. I didn't get a 2 hr boring concert that you could watch on VH1. What I got was a very intriguing story of how this dude became so popular. It shows early footage of how he started drumming, and onto where he is now. Take it for what you will, this is not something you'll think about after you're done with the movie, but it's a good movie to pass 2 hours. If you want a decent musical bio-pic, check this one out... it's really not that bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie- Length Worked!, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (DVD)
I really enjoyed this movie- the effects were AMAZING and in 3D I felt like I was at a JB concert. However, I think an hour and 45 minutes was a good length. Although I would definitely enjoy 9 hours of Justin footage, the rest of the un-superfans out there would NOT agree. This duration made it enjoyable for those who aren't big fans, and left the huge fans wanting more, hence the Director's Fan Cut. Either way, I was impressed by Never Say Never and would definitely recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars wish it had more, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (DVD)
we love the movie but i have to admit i was disappointed that it didn't contain ALL of the footage that both the original and uncut versions had. there were several scenes that weren't in the dvd (the water gun scene with sean kingston, the scene where justin says he wants to be a crossing guard when he grows up, and a few more)

i was looking forward to much more footage than what was shown.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Beer, June 1, 2013
I rated this movie one beer, because it took just one beer to forget that I ever saw it. Who is this brat and what does he do again?

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Talented, June 28, 2011
This review is from: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (DVD)
I will admit that I knew basically nothing about Justin Bieber before I saw this movie. I did keep hearing about him in the news and saw him on David Letterman. The perfume he was promoting sounded fascinating so I went looking for it at Walmart. They didn't have it so I ended up ordering the perfume from amazon.

So seeing Justin on David Letterman got me wondering how he became so successful and this movie/biography answers all those questions. I was amazed at how talented he was on the drums as a young child. I told my husband he had to watch this! So we ended up watching together.

I was pretty much blown away by the entire story. It reminded me of all the Beatles biographies I've seen. Yes, the screaming girls get to be a bit much but most of the time you could still hear the lyrics in the songs. I noticed that the songs were pretty innocent for the most part and definitely geared for the teenage heart.

But what surprised me the most is how personable and loving Justin Bieber is at heart. He truly seems to love his fans and goes out of his way to make them happy. This story also explains the power of social media and how you can reach millions of people in an instant. I like that Justin Bieber really started off on youtube and how he used twitter to rally his supporters when he went to radio stations across the nation.

This guy is really a hard working artist who has earned the respect of millions just by being himself. I was also amazed at how good he was on the piano, guitar and drums. It is like his talent knows no limits. Watch this and be amazed!

~The Rebecca Review

P.S. If you like romantic music without vocals try The Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars I may have a little Bieber Fever, May 28, 2011
I see Justin Bieber fans on Twitter, and they're hardcore and loyal. I get it. I understand what it's like to be a teenage girl smitten with a male singer. I was diehard over Immature a little over a decade ago. It's fun to have a crush on someone who has the looks, charm, talent and a positive story. But being honest, I hadn't paid much attention to him. I knew he was doing songs with some folks that I would've never thought would work together (i.e., Ludacris, Chris Brown, Usher [before I knew his relationship with Usher]). I wasn't a fan or a non-fan. He was just a kid with hair over his eyes. I saw him on "The Conan O'Brien" show and Chelsea Handler (who I very rarely watch)'s talk show, and he was entertaining on both. I was amused and then intrigued. The Peeps falling on his head was what got me. But what really made me say, "Okay, let me find out who this boy is" was watching Street Kingdom openly embracing dancing to a Justin Bieber song on "America's Best Dance Crew." If this many grown-ups wanted to collaborate with him, clearly there's something about him that's magnetic. On top of that, Street Kingdom's performance to that song was the best one they'd done on the show (IMO, and I am a fan of their dancing). So I finally gave in and rented this movie. Crazy part is I loved it! I watched it twice and will probably buy it because I don't want to return it.

Favorite scenes to rewind: I "awe'd" so many times while watching him tell the camera that he was going outside to shovel snow. Just the way he said it with that big grin on his face was adorable. I liked how he approached that (very surprised but cool under those circumstances) violinist and encouraged her dreams, too.

Other great parts: Watching him SNAP on those drums made me go, "Okay." Graduating to a guitar and playing that well? Hmmm, even better. I like musicians who really understand music--they can PLAY music as well as SING. I think those artists are better at performing because they understand both sides of the music arena, and he gets it. There were plenty of joking moments. Listening to all the trials he went through to be heard made me appreciate his struggle. Overnight success? Not really. He worked hard to get to the top no matter how much more quickly he got there (leaving the country he grew up in, marketing himself through social networking, over 80 tours nonstop, going up to big-name artists with all the guts in the world trying to impress them with his vocals). I thought it was great that he was so affectionate with his mother and even his guy friends. No pounds here. They hug with both arms. He genuinely seems like a friendly guy who keeps a warm social circle around him. His (grandmother?) telling him to clean his room was the best. Gotta love that! In the photo shoot, he calls little girls "sweetheart" like he's my age instead of 16. He's got a little bit of an old soul in a teenager's body, and his talking voice reminds me of a blues player. I liked seeing him be a kid as much as seeing him make adult decisions.

Of course I expected the loud screaming, stalking, grabbing and jumping onstage. I expected all the cutesy songs. But I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY was impressed by a collaboration. When Boyz II Men sang backup for him to that song "You Smile," that was the first time that I felt he was working with artists who complimented each other instead of just trying to cross over or be diverse. The other artists who worked with him (again, subtracting Usher because of the relationship the two have) just seemed like a stretch to me. Then we got to Boyz II Men and Jaden Smith. Jaden doesn't need any help, especially with his parents being who they are. I liked seeing Boyz II Men and Jaden perform with him because they meshed well. Considering the type of music that Justin sings anyway, it just seemed like Boyz II Men was a no-brainer. He's got R&B clearly embedded in him, and it's working to his advantage because even when he sings a pop song, he has a little swagger in it.

I remember seeing Ray J. on some show talking about Justin and the ladies. Brandy interrupted him and said Justin's mother might be watching the show. For all of you who saw the show I'm talking about (can't remember what it was), yeah, I'm leaning towards what Ray J. said, too. He's going to make some young lady very happy as he grows. I think Usher is his best mentor because he can show him what it was like to be that young, successful and have that many women falling all over him. The rest of his camp seem to have his best interest at heart (from the film at least), but I am glad Usher didn't blow him off a second time. Anyway, great film. Entertaining. I even downloaded a couple songs after hearing them sung live. I might buy his CD now.

I look forward to watching him grow. Congrats on his success!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horriable Movie, June 19, 2014
What more can I say he sucks at singing can't play the guitar and he is rude he does devise to be signed to a major record label.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (DVD)
This movie is like a mini concert but you feel all of his emotions as he is performing. Any Belieber would fall in love...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of footage, April 6, 2014
This came with so much more footage than the original movie. It also has a 2nd disc filled with special features that has even more footage on it aside from the director's cut.

5.0 out of 5 stars have seen this, March 21, 2014
wanted this after watching it on Netflix... so i purchased it .. i am glad a i bought it .. now i am looking forward to the believe movie

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
Justin Bieber: Never Say Never by John Chu (DVD - 2011)
$14.98 $5.64