Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Justin Men's Stampede 8" Lace-Up Work Boot Steel Toe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 17, 2014
The boots arrived today, and as soon as I opened the box, they looked HUGE! Tried them on, and they felt huge. My toes ended about 2 inches from the end of the toe box. I normally wear an 11 to 12, with about 1/2 my shoes being 11.5, in wide size. I find the "better" brand names, like Nike, Adidas and North Face all fit small, with even size 12 not fitting some times, and also generally too narrow.

So I am returning the size 11 I bought, and replacing them with a size 10. Hopefully that will fit better. I'll follow up once they arrive. Otherwise, the width feels great and with the square toe box, lots of room for the toes. The leather looks nice, but is darker than the stock photos on the listing. Plus, once they get oiled, they will get even darker. They also come with little leather flaps, to attach to the bottom lace, if you like the frilly touch.

So for comparison, I lined up a bunch of my current shoes and boots and measured the overall lengths. I know, not the best judge of size, but thought it might help others figure out the size of these things. I added the US size, and the euro size, if available. From left to right, here is the results.

Shoe Brand US/Euro Size Measured Length General Fit

Rockport Dress 11W/45 12.75" Slightly long
Dockers Dress 11W 12.5" Slightly long
Shift Kicker Motorcycle Boot 11W/45 12.0" Short about 1/4"
Bates Ultralites Tactical Boot 11.5W / 44.5 12.75" Very good
Justin's Boots 11EE 13.25" Way too long
Alpinestar SMX-5 Motorcyle 12/47 12.5" Slightly long
5.11 Tactical Shoe 11.5W/45.5 12.25" Very good
Timberland Sandals 11W / 45 12.5" Slightly long
Mizuno Running (no pic) 11.5EE / 45 12.0" Very good
North Face Hikers (no pic) 12/46 12.5" Too short & Narrow
review image review image review image review image
on September 5, 2014
These break in fast, which causes them to wear out fast as well. This is the second pair I have had, so I know the life span of them. They look great, I am using this pair as dress boots until my first ones wear out completely. The only reason I didn't rate them 5 stars is durability. PS : I am a construction worker, so I am kinda hard on boots
on March 23, 2016
Justin boots never fail to surprise me with great quality for a reasonable price. I go through work boots a lot because I work with corrosive fluids so I've had a chance to order several different models. I have loved them all, however these are my favorite thus far.
on February 4, 2016
Very uncomfortable boots. First of all, I don't know if these boots take a long time to break in, maybe someone who knows can tell me, but out of the box the leather was very stiff and uncomfortable, the soles and whatever BS comfort feature Justin claims they use would fatigue the crap out of my feet after 4 hours so you can imagine how much these things would beat my feet up after an 8 hour shift, don't even get me started on how they felt after a 12-16 hour shift. After a month of trying to soldier through with no noticeable improvement a buddy of mine sold me a pair of Carharts for cheap and have been wearing those ever since. Like I said I don't know if these take a long time to break in or maybe my foot just doesn't agree with the last Justin used on these but IMO these boots suck especially considering how much they cost. They look great and the actual toe box is roomy which is great considering it's a steel toe but none of that matters if you can't last a full workday with them.
on February 6, 2014
These are nice boots, but fit is a little large. But I put in a new set of insoles on top of the originals, now they fit just right.
I wear Timberline Pros at a size 11D and most all other shoes at an 11D also. Some sneakers though I'm at an 11 1/2 D. So these might be a half size large.
Still am pleased and are wearing them as I write this review.
on September 2, 2015
I ordered a size 9 and ended up returning them for an 8.5 The boot itself is great. I bought Justin boots before and would buy them again. But, preferably have the opportunity to try them on first. The toe is a little wider than I expected, but otherwise no complaints.
on February 12, 2016
These boots are not too bad, but there is a reason I got them for such a reasonable price. First of all, they are stiffer than a board out of the box. It probably took a month before they were completely broken in. Once they were broken in, they fit your foot great. I have my doubts about the quality of leather though. Before I ever wore them, I coated them with a layer of mink oil to help break in and condition the leather. After wearing them for a few days, I noticed a white residue on the leather, and it seemed to follow the cracks or folds that form from the boots breaking in. I cleaned them thoroughly and reapplied the mink oil. The white residue appeared again. I took my boots to a local boot shop owner who thought it might be from the salt the transportation department puts on the roads. He gave me a liquid to apply to the affected areas. The liquid is for desalinization and worked on all of my other boots except for these. I have come to the conclusion that the boot leather must be cheap or not properly conditioned from the factory. Overall, the boots are not too bad once they are broken in, but I do not think I will buy again because I'm afraid they will fall apart before too long due to the shotty leather used.
on May 24, 2016
For a work boot, I like mine to be a bit more roomier than this one, especially near the toes. I also use insoles to reduce the fatigue of being on my feet for 8-12 hours. This may be one reason I feel it fits slightly small. It is a good look though!
on June 9, 2016
Purchased these for work where I'm walking on cement for 8+ hours a day. After reading reviews that these ran large I purchased both size 9 and 9 1/2. When I got both pairs in, they were exactly the same size boots. I wear a size 10 in Nike/Reebok. I kept the size 9 boots, applied some boot oil, and added some inserts for support. The boots look great and get compliments on them. The boot oil helped break the boots in rather quickly and the inserts help me walk in them all day without my feet hurting.
on June 10, 2016
I've had the boots for about a month. I work in IT but needed steel toe shoes for the warehouse. So, Im not constantly on my feet. I usually wear a size 9.5 but I got a 9m. I wear thick socks and the boot is real snug and supportive around the ankles. The inside of the heels are starting to wear down from rubbing. I would suggest trying on the shoes before buying them; if you can.