4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, but a bit overpriced
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't care for it
I'm new to the nut-butter world, but I didn't care for it. It seemed "artificial" to me, and too oily with the added oil. I prefer the almond butter that I grind myself at Whole Foods.
Published 11 months ago by bwl

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, but a bit overpriced, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Justin's Nut Butter Almond Butter, Classic, 16 Ounce (Grocery)
Justin's classic almond butter has a nuttier and less refined taste than heavily processed nut butters you pick off the shelves of your local grocery. It's one of the best almond butters I've had, and I've been eating the stuff for years. However, I couldn't recommend buying this from Amazon. You can get it on LuckyVitamin for about $15 with shipping included, and the shipping prices ($5 and change, I believe) don't go up if you buy eight different things, like me. It's also available on iHerb for $8.91 per jar, and they have free shipping in the US on orders over $20 instead of $25, or $6 shipping (even their 1-3 days shipping is this much).

I would definitely suggest you give this product a chance, but I also suggest you try out a few other sites if you're looking to save some money. Amazon does have better customer service, though. Whatever is of more value to you, I guess.

It's delicious either way. I eat it plain on homemade bread and with apples. I used to eat peanut butter all the time like this, but it's nice to have some variety. Almond butter is a bit of a subtler taste, so I can eat more of it without feeling like it's overpowering the other food. And good luck getting better quality almond butter than Justin's at this price. Especially gluten-free and kosher.

I'l warn you it does take some getting used to if you eat a lot of heavily refined and processed nut butters, it has an earthier and grainier taste, but soon you won't be able to get enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Great, February 12, 2013
This stuff is awesome.

My only regret is the fact that I no longer eat this flavor, but not because of any shortcomings.
As soon as I discovered Justin's "Maple Almond Butter" I can't order anything else. I am ordering them by the 3 pack now. This stuff is addictive.

This almond butter will not disappoint, but for a slightly sweeter treat, based on the same almond butter, try a jar of the maple flavor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't care for it, January 14, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars product is fine but $$$, September 3, 2013
I did not notice any difference at all when comparing this to Trader Joe's brand which is half the price. Certainly nothing wrong with the taste but the price seems to be way out of line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, March 6, 2013
I love Justin's nut butters. I always take the little travel packs with me when I'm out hiking, etc as an emergency snack. This is very delicious.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive and lacks in flavor, August 8, 2013
Since I'm allergic to peanuts, I've grown accustomed to enjoying almond butter. I love MaraNatha (regular creamy...NOT the maple version). This type was quite expensive and seemed to lack flavor. It seems that it has less salt, which could be great for you if you're concerned about your sodium intake. To each his own...I simply prefer a competing brand that is more flavorful, is offered at a lower price and is easier to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry it's no longer available through subscribe and save, April 22, 2014
Russ Abbott (Culver City, Ca.) - See all my reviews
Excellent almond butter. We got it through subscribe and save. But then it was dropped from that program. Disappointing. Too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peanut who?, August 24, 2013
I will never eat peanut butter again. And I LOVE peanut butter. But, now on the Paleo diet which forbids PB. But will allow for this yummy stuff. It's really so good on everything that I used to put PB on. Celery, carrots and in shakes. And once I get me some Paleo bread I will be toasting it and laying some of this stuff on it. I can't wait!!! Seriously, this stuff is so delicious. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars They taste natural and not so sweet which is what I like, November 26, 2014
They taste natural and not so sweet which is what I like. I put it on the banana or on waffle or in the smoothie. They are delicious and add creaminess to anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars No BAD fats in this!, August 11, 2014
5 stars for a nut butter alternative. I really like the maple almond butter & the chocolate hazelnut butter that comes in a little packet however. Justin's butters are so delicious, I don't understand the somewhat low sugar content (depending on who you ask) I can really taste the sweetness. Are taste buds that sensitive?! I usually enjoy these butters with toast, on a waffle, or straight out of the jar! I like that they don't have the partially hydrogenated oils found in the main & popular butter brands out there like in the peanut butters! Partially hydrogenated oils should be banned just like the trans fats & also the artificial indigestible sugars. But anyway, the only thing I don't like about Justin's butters or any butters is that they are super sticky for your teeth. I don't recommend them if you don't have good oral care hygiene habits after eating because the stickiness will get inbetween your teeth & stay there. So for this reason, I like to switch it up and eat the real roasted almonds etc. I learned my lesson when I went to the dentist for routine cleaning. Also I don't recommend if you are already eating other sources of healthy fats in your diet.

Justin's Nut Butter Almond Butter, Classic, 16 Ounce