5.0 out of 5 stars The best stylus for i-devices bar none!
Published on February 5, 2011 by MW

1.0 out of 5 stars Tip fell off after two weeks
I was relatively happy with this stylus until after two weeks of use. Then the rubber tip fell out and there seems no way to repair it. For the price of the stylus, this only added insult to injury! Would not recommend or purchase again:(.
Published on July 9, 2011 by cat

5.0 out of 5 stars The best stylus for i-devices bar none!, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818 (Electronics)
I take handwritten notes on my iPad, and I need a stylus to write with. I had already purchased the Pogo and Acase (same as the Boxwave and Griffin) styluses, but wasn't satisfied. The tip on the Pogo is too mushy and the plastic clip broke within days - I see that they have now switched to a metal clip, but the tip is the same. It is also a little too slim for my hand (male, large but not XL). The rubbery tip on the Acase/Boxwave/Griffin sometimes sticks to the surface just enough to prevent a smooth feel. With either type my handwriting wasn't captured accurately.

The Alupen is just plain perfect. It feels smooth as silk on the iPad surface. The tip is soft yet precise. The chunky barrel feels great in my hand - I was afraid it would be too short, but the length is just right. (It is actually over a half inch longer than the 4 inches stated on the website). Most importantly, my handwriting looks much better and is more legible, with fewer mis-shapen letters than before. If you want to use your iPad for taking handwritten notes, the Alupen is well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect peripheral for the iPad...., December 25, 2010
Robert Liss "RL" (White Plains, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818 (Electronics)
I bought this on a whim after reading a review in one of the Apple blogs. Turns out to be one of my best impulse purchases ever... Fits perfectly in my hand (anything smaller or lighter just doesn't feel right) and requires just the lightest of touches to make the iPad screen move the way I want. Also a lot more accurate than any of my chunky fingers for highlighting text, without the smudges. I love this thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars My go-to stylus for the iPad., January 2, 2011
SAR (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818 (Electronics)
I owned a Ten One Pogo and a BoxWave Stylus, but neither possessed the "right" feel that I was looking for in an iPad stylus. The Pogo was too thin and the BoxWave's tip was often unresponsive. So, I ordered the AluPen and it meets all of its hype. The feel is perfect. The AluPen is chunky, yet does not sacrifice precision. Also, the aluminum stylus blends in perfectly with my MacBook Pro and my iPad.
I highly recommend the AluPen to anyone still searching for the perfect iPad stylus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tip fell off after two weeks, July 9, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars all in all very nice, March 12, 2011
The Alupen is all in all a very nice tool. I got it for use with my iphone. It is made very well and has a great, solid feel in your hand. It comes with a nice leatherlike sleeve to store it in when not in use which is nice to protect the snazzy color finish. It's just a little over 4 inches long, so compact enough to go with the iphone, but not so small that it is difficult to use. I got it primarly to use in sketching or handwritten notes. It writes with reasonably good accuracy...definitely more precise than using a finger, though misses sometimes...and sometimes it does seem to have "dead spots" where when it hits certain parts of the screen it won't write at all. Haven't found a rhyme or reason for that yet...maybe it's where I've smudged the screen with my finger? The tip seems to be rather airy/hollow, so maybe needs a little more filler to aid in "conductivity"? But, it doesn't scratch the screen at all, and is nice if you want to limit screen smudge. This is the first stylus I've tried, so can't compare it to another, but I am happy with this purchase and would get another one because I really like the thick pencil like design and quality craftmanship that went into this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stylus for the iPad, September 13, 2011
Matthew Schenker (Western Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818 (Electronics)
After testing numerous other products of this type, I decided to buy the Just Mobile AluPen. I got it mainly to create artwork on the iPad using various art apps. I've used it with ArtRage, InspirePro, and Procreate (all of these, by the way, are very good art apps). The AluPen does a terrific job, and it has become a regular part of my iPad experience. I've used the AluPen for over four months, creating several paintings and line drawings with it. On occasion, I've also used it for "handwriting" and in place of my finger when entering data in online forms. It does a fine job in all these situations.

Below is my assessment of the AluPen.

GENERAL QUALITY
The AluPen has a solid feel, and offers a good grip. The body of the stylus is composed of smooth metal, with angled surfaces. The whole thing sort of resembles a fat pencil. The tip is rubberized and soft enough to respond to your gestures when you use it on the iPad surface. The tip material is durable, and it's connected securely to the metal body. After using the AluPen extensively for four months, it continues to look new -- no scratches on the metal surface and no damage to the tip.

COMFORT
I've used the AluPen for long sessions, creating detailed artwork and drawings. I've never felt fatigue while using it. The AluPpen is heavier than other styluses. At first, this might seem like a bad thing. But the extra weight actually makes it more comfortable to hold and use, without being too heavy. By contrast, some other styluses I tested actually felt too light.

The angled surface makes the AluPen easy to grip. However, it's definitely fatter than other styluses. I wondered whether it might be a bit large for people with small hands. I thought the best way to test this was to let my three-year-old daughter use the AluPen to create some paintings in an art app. Very quickly, she began holding it properly, picking colors, and drawing various lines and shapes. Even better, she started to enjoy creating art on the iPad. Whenever she sees the stylus, she requests that I let her "paint on the iPad"!

ACCURACY
Although the AluPen gives the impression of being larger (fatter) than other styluses, and even though the tip seems bigger, it's actually more accurate than other models I tested. I'm able to draw very thin lines or mix colors very accurately with the AluPen. When doing continuous color mixing or brush strokes, the AluPen never "skips" a spot. It requires minimal pressure to register your gesture on the iPad screen. With the right art app, the AluPen provides a very realistic art experience.

PACKAGING
The packaging of the AluPen conveys a sense of style. Everything is well thought out. It gives the impression of an object you would use to create art.

GLOVE
The AluPen also comes with a soft leather-like case for the stylus. It's more like a glove, as the stylus fits inside snugly -- just big enough to protect the pen without taking up more space than necessary. I often stick the AluPen inside the glove, then put it into a pen pocket in my laptop case. The glove matches the overall style of the pen and is quite durable. I've used it regularly for over four months, and the stitching remains strong.

CONCLUSION
If you're looking for a comfortable, accurate, and well-made stylus, I strongly recommend the AluPen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Knock off of Real Just Mobile Stylus, July 22, 2011
Pretty bad when you have a knock off look a like and tried to pass it off as the real deal.. SuaveTouch was stamped into the stylus, and just came in plastic bag. Horrible. Had I actually gotten what I ordered I would be able to accurately review the product listed and ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for iPad drawing apps-but buyer beware, December 5, 2011
ElmoTheCat (El Verano, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818 (Electronics)
I own several pointing (drawing) devices and must say this is perfect for my iPad drawing apps. The nice heavier weight is great in the hand and I don't have the numb hand feeling I get from using the thinner and/or lighter styluses (Pogo and Boxwave - although I have nothing against those and like them equally as much).

While I'm here... Beware of pseudo-AluPens. Take care ordering this item from marketplace sellers for not much more than the real thing. The "fake" AluPen looks identical, but does not have the black rubber dot at the top of the pen nor the "Just Mobile" brand name imprinted on it. Also unbalanced being heavier than the real Alu and its softer rubber pointer isn't as firm. I would describe the rubber tip as "blobbie" and thin. Also does NOT have nice black protective slip case, decals, nor authentic [Just Mobile] paper box and product brochure. Fake comes in clean plastic container, nothing more. I have nothing but praise for the [Just Mobile] AluPen, but the 2nd one I bought was clearly bogus. Buyer beware! I can only wonder if the poor reviews were for the AluPen copy.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - NOT GENUINE PRODUCT ... CHEAP KNOCK OFF, July 22, 2011
Cheap clunky knock off, the stylus I received is not an AluPen Stylus. It did not come in a box as pictured just a plastic bag. The stylus is branded "SuaveTouch".

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber tip fell off after 1 week of use!, August 31, 2011
This review is from: Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818 (Electronics)
Its a shame for such an expensive product, there appears to be a problem with the quaity control or design
The rubber tip now does not stay on....

Just-Mobile AluPen, Silver-AP-818