The Justrite 24004 solid polyethylene safety cabinet for corrosives is a hazardous storage cabinet that has one manually closing door and that can be used to store up to six 2-1/2-liter bottles of acids or corrosive liquids. The cabinet is made of polyethylene, which is resistant to certain acids, chemicals, and corrosive liquids. A door hasp accepts a padlock to help secure the cabinet's contents and prevent unauthorized access. A sealed sump helps contain spills. Two 2-inch vents allow internal vapors to escape. Four adjustable feet enable the cabinet to be leveled. A safety warning label in English, French, and Spanish alerts users to the cabinet's contents. The cabinet measures 22 x 17 x 17 inches (H x W x D) and has a shipping weight of 26 pounds. (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.)
Hazardous storage cabinets are used to store, organize, and segregate safety cans containing flammable or hazardous liquids. Some cabinets are made of galvanized steel and are double-walled to reduce the risk of fires. Others are made of polyethylene, which is resistant to certain acids and corrosive liquids. Cabinets may have standard hinged doors that close manually or self-closing hinged or sliding doors that close automatically. They can be color-coded: yellow for flammables; red for combustibles; blue for corrosives; green for pesticides; silver or light neutral for laboratory materials; and white or gray for other waste or outdoor lockers. Certain cabinets are FM Approved and meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for the storage and handling of flammable liquids. Hazardous storage cabinets are used in a variety of commercial and industrial environments and can also be suitable for home use.
Justrite manufactures safety equipment to store, transfer, use, and dispose of hazardous materials. The company, founded in 1906, is headquartered in Des Plaines, IL.