Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Juvenon 60 Tablets
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 28, 2009
I'm not a fan of pills. I hate them. But after reading an article about Ames and his experiments, I decided to give Juvenon a try.

I joined a walking "class" and felt pretty out of place since everyone else was MUCH younger and MUCH more fit. The "instructor" was a very impressive marathoner. I was worried what I'd do if I couldn't keep up - what if I had to bail in the middle of an unfamiliar neighborhood? The terrain was steep and difficult. I was out of my depth. It was small consolation a few others were huffing and puffing to keep up, too. They stopped showing up for class. I wondered what I had gotten myself into. As part of my fitness commitment, I started taking Juvenon and after about two or three weeks, I noticed something extremely odd. I found I was just naturally walking alongside the instructor, talking to her, but I noticed SHE was panting up the steep hill we were traversing. But to me, it was nothing! I was breathing totally normally, chatting away. I know this sounds impossible, but it's really true.

And I also noticed something else. If you've reached that point in life where you almost have to reconstruct an event in your mind to remember something, Juvenon pretty much eliminated that for me. I found I just knew things again instead of having to try and "remember".

I've never taken anything before that had such an amazing, positive effect. I've encouraged others to try it but none of them have said they notice much of a difference after taking it. Perhaps their mitochondria are more in shape than mine are. I can believe it. Maybe theirs function just fine on their own. Maybe it's like not being deficient in a vitamin.

In the Juvenon newsletter, it recommended only taking it in the morning if you run into insomnia, but I never had a problem with that, either. For me, I haven't had any downside. Except the worry that my mitochondria must look like the decrepit ones in the drawings on their website.

I'm very leery of pills and I ran this by a couple of doctors before trying it. They didn't see any harm in my taking Juvenon, but I'd run this by your doctor before you try it. I've read that you can get the two main ingredients in health food stores more cheaply, but I don't want to mess with success.

I have purchased this product direct from [...] without a problem. If you buy in bulk, you can get it more cheaply, but I don't think more cheaply than here on Amazon. And they do try and get you to sign up for the automatic delivery program, but since you need to give authorization for automatic billing on a credit card, that's a non-starter for me. My credit card company told me if you do that, you can never decline to pay without it dinging your credit, even if you have a clear problem. I learned my lesson when I tried to cancel one of those old internet service providers years ago. Never again!
11 comment|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
The ingredients of Juvenon are Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl L Cartinine.

I've been taking it for several years now based on some anti-aging research I did awhile back. I'm a big believer in it and there is solid clinical evidence to support it. I'm 50 and look and act 35.

I orinally bought the ingredients separately at Wal Mart or GNC. Now Wal Mart sells a combined pill for much cheaper than Juvenon. Originally Dr. Ames, who founded Juvenon even told people they could buy this cheaper at Wal Mart and I followed his advice. He said he wished he had discovered this years ago before he got so old. He's 83 and still going strong though!

[...]
1515 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2010
I did not see a change in myself until about 2-3 weeks into it! But I must say, it does work quite well. The thing I do not like, however, is the price, and having to sign up for "life" to get a reduced rate. The product will sell itself, they do not need to put that kind of pressure on anyone. But, it seems to be the standard business practice, from phones to everything else.
on January 6, 2012
I've tried a few other health supplements that have similar ingredients, but so far this has shown the me the most change in the shortest amount of time. After three weeks, I am finally feeling awake every day and falling asleep faster. My wife says I am less forgetful.
on January 5, 2013
I signed up for the automatic shipment with Juvenon. I saw no difference so I called to cancel the automatic shipment, but did not write down the date or the person that I talked with because they assured me that they had canceled the automatic shipment.
I got another automatic shipment and my credit card was billed. I called again and was assured that the automatic shipment had been cancelled. This happened once more. On December 13, 2012 I called asking for a refund for the 3 shipments which were all in their original packing and told them that this time I was making written notes on my calendar of this phone conversation. The Juvenon person, Marion at #220, said that I would be called by some one in their office or their corporate office or would be e-mailed within one week.
I called again on December 20th because I had not received any communication and talked with "Faby" # 263. She said I should wait a little longer and someone would call me. I called again on January 4, 2013 and talked with William, #280, who was very nice, but could only forward the complaint to the corporate office. I then asked to talk with his supervisor. His name was Dennis. He said he had no record of any calls previous to December 15, and he would only refund for the last order, but I would have to pay for shipping them back. I asked to talk with his supervisor but he told me he did not have one that he was the top person in charge at Juvenon. He said he would pass this complaint on to the corporate office. I asked for the corporate office address, phone number or e-mail address. He refused to give me this information. When I asked why no one had called me which had been promised on December 15, he said it was the holiday season and they just got too busy. He never offered to follow up and see that I got called. Better to buy products at Amazon
This is what they call "customer service".
Now if they use this same "attitude" in producing their product, who knows what is really in it, are their substitutes because someone didn't get around to ordering the right ingredients timely. Are they mixed correctly? Are there harmful additives? I don't know. But I would never trust them. Would you?
55 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2013
I researched this product, and there definitely are pros and cons, so it's important to do as much reading and research as you can, ahead of time. I find that 1/2 pill (the suggested dose is two pills) is helpful for energy, but even one pill perks me up a little too much. I wouldn't even want to find out how I react to two pills. Suggestibility could be a factor -- placebo turns out to be an extremely complex phenomenon. In any case, I'd suggest beginning slowly and cautiously with this product, until you know how you will react (if at all).
on March 2, 2012
I am just finishing my second bottle and do not have any more energy, improved memory and gained a pound. I am an avid Dr. Weil follower. I buy his vitamins and many of his books. Unfortunately Juenon did not make any difference in my health that I can detect.
on January 27, 2012
I am definitely feeling younger since beginning Juvenon Anti-Aging capsules. I was worried about keeping up with my grandkids as I aged, but since beginnng a health regimen which includes these wonderful pills, I have no trouble at all keeping up with them, Yes, my hand-eye coordination is not as good as theirs when we play video games, but I can catch them when they run away and can keep playing as long as they do.
on September 2, 2013
Unfortunately, this medication blocks the utilization of thryroxine/synthroid to a serious degree.

The medical team who developed this supplement should be more vigilant about reporting adverse events.
on May 2, 2009
The principal ingredients of Juvenon, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl L Carnitine, caused my insomnia to be much worse for several weeks. I found out the hard way after many weeks of worse-than-average insomnia. To be fair my sleep is and was never very good. Two Juvenon capsules contain 400 mg of ALA and 1000 mg of ALC. That Juvenon can cause insomnia at these dosages can be researched if you Google Juvenon + insomnia and read some reviews for yourself. But if you are not prone to insomnia as I am, maybe it won't have that effect on you. The carnitine and alpha lipoic acid ARE very neuroprotective, though, if you can tolerate them. The ONE STAR only reflects the insomnia issue for me.
55 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question