Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KOHLER K-3488-0 Devonshire Comfort Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet, White
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 24, 2009
We have had the Devonshire one piece toilet for 5 days now and felt I had to write a review because some people have chose to criticize what is really a great toilet.
Keep in mind that people from other toilet companies can write reviews about their competitors without revealing who they are. This may be the reason for some of the bad reviews. Ignore them!!!!!!
We were reluctant to buy this toilet at first because of some of the negative reviews, but we liked the style so much we decided to take a chance. Were glad we did. THIS TOILET CAN FLUSH WITH THE BEST OF THEM. We also have a TOTO toilet, and it flushes just as good as that toilet. We even went out and bought the thickest toilet paper we could find and used that in flushing tests and the Kohler did the job with no problem at all. It's amazing how well a toilet can flush with so little water.
Keep in mind that Kohler has been at this a long time and they have engineering down to a science. This toilet will not disappoint!
on April 11, 2011
Do not buy this toilet. I gave it one star for looking pretty and that is absolutely the best it deserves. Seriously do not buy.The price was $492 it is not worth $100.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
We completly redid our second floor hall bathroom. We used the Kohler Devonshire suite of products for the redo including this toilet, an insert soaking tub as well as sink, bath and shower fixtures. We are very pleased with the result. Everything looks great and functions well. This toilet was part of the redo and it flushes much quieter than the builders 2 piece we took out. Our plumber told us that one piece toilets tend to be quieter than two piece toilets and this is on of the quietest I have ever heard. It also flushes all waste with a single flush although we no longer have kids in the house so we have not tested it with a half a roll of toilet paper or the equivalent. My opinion is that it will function properly if it is used properly. The toilet seat soft close feature is neat but if you are in a hurry, it can be easily closed quickly with a soft push. It looks like it is made of acrylic or another form of plastic but I am a big guy and it feels comfortable and sturdy when in use. While the toilet seemed very stable when initially installed, our plumber recommended that we caulk the bottom where it meets the floor with sanded caulk. Since we had the sanded caulk for use on the tile work, we did. I guess if the toilet doesn't meet the floor all the way around, the sanded caulk helps stabalize it. All in all, we are quite pleased with this toilet. Only reason I give it 4 stars is because Kohler tends to be pricey but I guess you get what you pay for.