5.0 out of 5 stars Great toilet
This toilet is highly rated by Consumer Reports and by my plumber. After having toilets made in the early days of the government's 1.6 gallon standard, I really appreciate the cleanliness and lack of clogging of this toilet. It is also fairly quiet. One of the best toilets made. It is less expensive at Home Depot, however.
Published on October 4, 2009 by Just Another Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars The Only Toilet that Cannot be Plunged!
Because of the weird bowel opening at the bottom of the bowl this toilet cannot be plunged. It took forty minutes, no joke, to unlcog this toilet after it stopped up. I literally got a workout doing it and I suppose the clogged up toilet paper eventually brokedown and allowed the toilet to flush.
I called Kohler about this and they said it's a known issue, yet they...
Published 22 months ago by Bigmac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toilet, October 4, 2009
This review is from: KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 gpf Toilet with AquaPiston Technology, Less Seat, White (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars A water-saving toilet that works, April 21, 2010
I purchased two of these toilets from Home Depot (free shipping) based on the high recommendation in Consumer Reports and have not been disappointed. I used them to replace two 1.6 gpf toilets, which were OK, but clogged too often in our household.

The bottom line is that this Kohler low-flow toilet works great. We've had them installed for over two months now and they have performed flawlessly. No clogs, excellent bowl rinsing, fast and quiet. This is a gravity 1.28 gpf toilet that works, and I highly recommend it.

Read on for installation and function details.

I did my own installation. The problems I encountered during the installation were due to my home, not the toilet, so if your flange is in good shape, installation should be easy. The one thing you might want to check is whether the connector from the wall to the toilet will be long enough. This toilet has a higher seat (Comfort Height as they call it) which makes the distance from the wall to the tank a few inches further if your old toilet is a standard height. I had to replace my connectors with ones that have a longer hose. Also, don't be worried by the fact the bowl says that it is for "1.6 gallons per flush or less." It works with both 1.6 and 1.28 gpf tanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who writes toilet reviews?, January 4, 2011
I never thought I would write a review about a toilet. I'll keep it brief. We installed a 1.6 gal Universal Rundle toilet in a new bathroom about 10 years ago. I hated it. It ended up using more water than a conventional toilet because I always had to flush it twice (this may be too much information, but I would have to flush it as soon as my first deposit hit the water to avoid having the toilet becoming clogged and backing up). I have tried my best to plug up this new toilet with major morning contributions and wads of TP but it doesn't seem to care. How it does this with 1.28 gal is a mystery to me. If you're like me, you'll actually end up wasting water at first because, like the cat in the YouTube video, I like to watch it flush ([...]). Two things I wish I had known: The toilet is higher and sticks out farther from the wall than our old toilet. If you have the space and you don't mind sitting a little higher, you can't go wrong with this toilet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toilet, but Has Splash-Back: Get a Wellworth!, July 9, 2010
I replaced all three toilets in my house with Kohler K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height elongated 1.28 gpf Class-6 toilet from a national hardware chain (online version), but had to return one of them because of height problems. When I went to the actual store to get a regular-height Cimarron, they didn't have one, so I got a Kohler K-3574-T-0 Wellworth Elongated Class 5 Toilet instead (regular height). That was the best thing that could have happened! I'm a man, and while seated, I noticed that the Cimarron toilets had a bit of "splash-back" from the front of the toilet (from me, not the flushing). The Wellworth doesn't have this problem, and is a less-expensive toilet (maybe because it was a Class-5 toilet from the previous year?). I would also replace the toilet seat with the ~$50 hard plastic Kohler K-4652-0 Lustra Elongated Toilet Seat, which is plastic, but nicely solid. I used that seat on all three toilets and it looks & feels good.

The low-water flushing in the Cimarrons is something to get used to. Though it works well, the flush sounds unfinished to my ears. You can use more water if you want by holding the lever down longer, but it's normally completely unnecessary. I've never had a clog in either the Wellworth or the Cimarrons, and with my old toilets, I was having problems monthly. My previous toilets came with the house and were out-of-round and cheap.

I rate the Cimarrons at four stars and the Wellworth at five stars, due to the splash-back problem on the Cimarrons. I believe it has something to do with the shape of the front of the bowl. I also think that a low-flow Wellworth would be as good as the regular 1.6gpf Wellworth that I have, but I can't be certain as I couldn't get one from the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does its job with very little water, November 21, 2009
Uses very, very little water. Others say it gives a clean flush, and, after one week, so far so good -- though I don't see how it can consistently flush clean with so little water. But apparently so. It is quiet. Not sure how else to judge a toilet. It's done its job so far, and, in this arena, I guess that's the main thing and all that counts. There is something a little unsettling about a toilet that uses so little water, especially after having had one that was a water guzzler. It is good that it is conserving water, especially in our drought-ridden state, however, the flush, somehow, seems -- well -- not emphatic enough. I realize that's very subjective, but you want to see action when you hit that flush lever. And instead everything just quietly disappears. That's a real plus, I know, but it's difficult to get used to.
----
Revision as of Sun., Oct. 21, 2012: Please note that some folks added comments below about this review, feeling that it did not fully reflect the five-star rating that I eventually did give this toilet after having had experience with the model for more than a few months. One asked me to revise this review. I am not revising it because I feel other folks who have water guzzlers might have the same initial reactions that I did. Apparently this "review" ignited some minor controversies, so I have answered the comments by those who questioned my judgment, in posts that follow below. But I leave my initial review intact because I stand by all I said and I even do intend to buy two more of these toilets to replace others that aren't flushing so efficiently anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORRY-FREE, October 27, 2010
If you're worried and tired of clogs, then this is the toilet for you. I bought mine at Home Depot and got it installed for $99. Btw, I got the K-11451 set. It's the same toilet but marketed differently (the K-11451 only comes in white). If you want a different color then get the K-3609. The K-11451 is $100 cheaper than the K-3609.

I read about the Toto Drake but this has the new Class Six Technology and you can practically flush anything. The minute it was replaced, I knew my worries are gone. The flush sounds powerful especially if you hold the lever down. If my other 2 toilets crap out I'll replace them with the K-11451 with ZERO hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toilet, September 20, 2010
BBCleveland (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This toilet replaced a 20 year old 3.0 GPM Eljer. My old toilet clogged at least once a week, but I was concerned that Kohler's 1.28 GPM unit would be as bad or worse. I've had it in for 4 months now and it has yet to clog. It flushes forcefully, fills quickly and is fairly quiet. Installation was a dream with everything but a water supply line included. The tank bolts fit under the tank - no ugly black washers or places to leak. It has a flange under the tank so that when you tighten it up, it locks firmly against the bowl so the tank can't lean or rock. The slow-close seat that came with the unit I bought from Lowes is a nice feature. My only complaint is that the seat isn't very comfortable. I liked the toilet so well, I bought another one for a second bath. With its low water consumption and great performance, I highly recommend the Cimmarron Class 6 toilet. Toilets are used many times a day. Don't waste your money on a cheap one.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Only Toilet that Cannot be Plunged!, January 31, 2013
Bigmac (Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
I called Kohler about this and they said it's a known issue, yet they were not smart enough to fix it. The new Cimarron and similar models have the very same issue. Kohler suggested a special type of plunger which we bought and paid extra money for yet it also could not plunge the toilet. Aside from this whenever anything gets caught on the sides of the bowel, it will not flush because of the way the toilet is designed.
We are getting rid of this toilet and I cannot wait to flush this toilet in a dumpster--goodbye Kohler!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a toilet you will LOVE, March 21, 2011
During remodeling our master bathroom we knew we needed an ADA height and worried about finding a "sincere flush".

Our previous guest bath toilet replacement turned out to be a disappointment to everyone - the flush just didn't do the job for paper or solids. Poor MIL was tormented with the toilet - feeling like she needed to flush 2,3,4 - sometimes more than 5 times to "do the job right."

Everything was RIGHT about Cimarron® Comfort Height® elongated 1.28 gpf toilet - K-3609!
QUIET - just a cute whoooosh sound and nothing more.
FAST FLUSH - the flushing action is started and finished in seconds.
LOW WATER USE - I really can't figure out how it takes it all away but it does.
HIGH SEAT - ADA 17" is a must in our house.
WORKS EVERY TIME - how does one say this delicately...? Trust me, it works.

Even though it is almost impossible to figure out a Lowes receipt, we dug through the registers and figured out what toilet we bought for the master bathroom and will be replacing MIL's toilet so she can rest easier.

It is the small things in life that make you happy, eh?

CORRECTION: This must be CLASS FIVE (5) Technology based on Kohler website. (not Class 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars No crap!, December 12, 2011
The builder's grade toilets in our 13 year-old house had never seemed to have the umph needed to dispose of a larger size load. At least five members of my wife's family (ranging in age from 12 to 71) had succeeded in clogging our old toilets (not counting my wife herself). When we saw the Consumer Reports review of this Kohler Cimarron, we were impressed that CR was unable to make the toilet clog in any of their testing.

So we bought one for our master bathroom. After a month of testing it ourselves, we were hugely impressed. There is no hesitation when it flushes. This toilet flushes so quickly and powerfully that there isn't enough time for a swirling vortex to pull the poo under. The poo is immediately sucked down, never to be seen again. We were so impressed that we bought a second one for our 1st floor powder room. That's the one that my in-laws will be trying to abuse when they visit. But we're confident that not even they will succeed in clogging it. Great product. We're going to buy a third Cimarron for our daughter's bathroom. Maybe she'll remember to flush if she has this plumbing masterpiece available to her.

$390.25 $231.72
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.