Published on February 19, 2010 by eyereamer

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit
Published 8 months ago by JHicksBro

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit for Marine fighting knife 1217, THE "KA-BAR", like a glove, February 19, 2010
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
i am planning a long wildeness hike and recently bought a ka-bar 1217 marine fighting/utility knife after much research and discussion. it came with an excellent leather sheath with the marine emblem and and USMC embossed in its surface. i am not a marine and respect their service greatly so i would feel wrong wearing their symbol on their most famous knife unearned. on a side note it may be the only large knife i ever need to own, it is that good.
while on amazon browsing for hiking/camping gear i saw my knife in the "what other people that viewed this item" popup and thought i'd take a look at prices and see how i did for cost (pretty good!). anyway this sheath was a recommended accessory and the price was right so i snapped it up. picked snail mail for maximum cost effectiveness and three days later had package from blade shop the seller. thrilled i tore it open and tested it for fit on my new knife. nobody mentioned it clicks in place! a raise kinda trapezoid grips the handle where it tapers to the guard, perfect fit! easy access, no wiggle, top quality. four beefy rivets hold the thick nylon belt strap. the steel grommeted holes around the sheaths perimeter are the perfect size for 5/32" para cord. long story short i am absolutely thrilled. it feels like it should last a good long while. i would recommend it to anyone and everyone, too bad i think this knife will last me forever because i'd order another one in a heartbeat. if you have a ka-bar thatis not a display piece this sheath is for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Perftect fit, March 24, 2011
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
this product works perfectly with my 7" Kabar knife. The sheath is very durable and holds the knife very securely. I love how the knife snaps in to place, the strap is nice too. To the reviewer that gave the low review and said his knife "rattles" in the sheath, i have none of that, and i would guess that he is using the wrong size of knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sheath for my Ka-bar, January 18, 2011
J. Williamson (Huntington, WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
I purchased this sheath for my newly acquired Ka-bar USMC fighting knife, found here: KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corp Fighting Knife, Straight .

This is a great sheath for this knife. The stiff Kydex protects the blade well, and the knife fits snugly into the sheath and does not rattle. The sheath has many mounting options, from a simple belt mount to tactical straps, allowing this sheath to be placed basically anywhere about the body. Drawing the blade is easy, no matter how you have the sheath attached. Many hard sheaths are difficult to draw from due to poor design; this one is not. Very nice, indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, November 22, 2011
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
Perfect fit for the Ka-Bar model 1211 combat knife with 7" blade. Numerous attachment options. Great replacement for the stock leather sheath.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, August 14, 2013
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
I got this to carry my Ka bar knife (duh) and when I received it, it didn't hold my knife very securely but the most frustrating thing of all is that the clasps at the top come WAAAAAAAAAY too small to get around the handle. The metal clasps don't even touch. However, it will be nicer than my original leather sheath once I can figure out a way to make a new retainer at the top. Ok for 15 bucks but Would recommend trying one at a store before buying online.

4.0 out of 5 stars Time will tell, October 15, 2013
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
Got the sealth to replace the leather sheath that came with my Ka-Bar. The leather holds water pretty good and wanted something that would repell the water better and keep the blade dry. We will see how it holds up. It holds the knife pretty good, even with the handle strap unbuckled which is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sheath, April 15, 2013
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
This is a very nice sheath despite the fact that the label is incorrect. Unfortunately, it is not an actual Kydex sheath but despite this one little misleading word I will be buying another for my next Ka-Bar.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Kydex, June 17, 2013
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
Sheath not a Kydex as advertised. Simply a lower quality imported sheath. Quite a disappointment. If I had known the sheath was not a genuine Kydex, I would not have ordered it.

4.0 out of 5 stars All you need in a sheath, February 8, 2011
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
This is a good sheath. I don't know if the one bad review received the wrong sheath but this one fits great! I'm not sure the model number of my Ka-Bar but it is the 11+ inch straight edge USMC fighting knife. The wrapped handle is a darker color than most I've seen so I didn't go by the pictures that this sheath claims to fit. Overall it is a good sheath, the knife clicks into place with no chance of coming out. I got this sheath to replace my standard USMC leather one because I feel that in prolonged storage, the moisture in the leather will eventually hurt the knife (goes for gun cases too). Also as a personal preference, since I'm not in the Marine Core I don't feel that I should wear their emblem even though I fully support them. The only reason I didn't give this sheath a 5 star is because I feel that it could have been made out of better material (the plastic is cheap). With this in mind I don't see any foreseeable problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product., January 4, 2014
This review is from: KA-BAR #1216 Hard Knife Sheath (Misc.)
This is a great product. Well constructed and thought out on design and execution. The sheath is made out of a hard plastic that holds the knife securely without any rattle or feeling loose. The sheath is held together by 8 rivets that can double as lanyard holes. The way the sheath is designed it has many many options for customization and attaching other things like a flint striker, cord or sharpening stone. Highly recommended if you want something other that the leather sheath that came with your Ka-Bar combat knife.

ARRAY(0x9ff231d4)