4.0 out of 5 stars This brand is enteric coated and VERY useful!
SOD supplements are NOT useless UNLESS they are not enteric coated. Obviously, this last reviewer did not know this.

Pill forms of SOD MUST be enteric coated to be able to pass intact through the stomach acid into the small intestines and then absorbed. This brand is enteric coated. If it wasn't the stomach acid would render it useless.

SOD...
Published on July 4, 2010 by Mary Mercedes

Super-oxide dismutase has its benefits, but I expected them to be made in a lab instead the source of their SOD is bovine (cow) liver. Had they disclose this in the product description I probably would not have purchased them. How hard is it to put the SOD gene in bacteria and make bovine free SOD? Seriously get with biotech already....
Published on June 27, 2012 by O. Long

4.0 out of 5 stars This brand is enteric coated and VERY useful!, July 4, 2010
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)

SOD supplements can be incredibly useful. SOD (Superoxide dismutase) revitalizes cells and reduces cell destruction caused by the most dangerous (and common) superoxide free radicals. Most people don't know that these superoxide free radicals instigate the breakdown of synovial fluids in the body's joints. This breakdown causes friction, inflammation and joint pain.

I think those interested in gaining and maintaining maximum health should always do their own research first before believing reader's comments like this. I recommend PRESCRIPTION FOR NUTRITIONAL HEALING by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. Amazon has it. It is the single most comprehensive source of nutritional and natural health information you will ever find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, April 19, 2012
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
This was prescribed by a dr in a natural clinic, along with other things. I have pain and tissue damage from celiac disease. I seem to be getting better. It must be working- my hair and nails are thicker and stronger- skin still thin, but mouth tissue is much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, September 9, 2014
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
Initially began taking S.O.D. tablets to slow down the growth of gray hair, but didn't expect that by taking 3 tablets a day I would lose over 30 lbs of weight over a two month period without changing my eating habits nor strenuous workouts. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright but the description needs to say the source (cow liver), June 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 27, 2014
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
Same product I was paying 19.95 plus tax and fuel to go get it. Can't beat the PRIME deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 10, 2014
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
Great product delivered by a great company. Blessings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Using Just Over a Week, April 2, 2014
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
My doctor recommended this and other supplements to treat a chronic condition I have had for well over seven years. Haven't used the product long enough to tell if it is making a difference. What I do like about this brand of SOD is that it is coated for extra absorption in the intestines. The negative thing is that I had to order from two different Amazon suppliers as I didn't find one supplier that had seven bottles in stock.

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend KAL's SOD-3 Superoxide dismutases 3, February 16, 2013
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
It's one of the best antioxidants on the market. KAL's SOD-3 has been around longer than any other antioxidant. I know because I have been taking it longer than I can remember. I recommend Superoxide dismutases 3.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bogus Clams, January 29, 2013
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
From a medical standpoint these pills are completely useless. The enzyme Superoxide Dismutase is a very beneficial natural part the body but when taken orally the enzyme is degraded by the harsh acidic content of the stomach. This is a complete waste of money and the manufactures ought to be held accountable for fraud. Please if you don't believe these claims or think the enteric coating does anything whatsoever do a pubmed search and you will find countless scientific studies showing 0 benefit of oral SOD

2.0 out of 5 stars I will no longer use it or give to dogs, November 19, 2012
This review is from: KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets (Health and Beauty)
This very product and SOD in general, is off my list of supplements to ever buy again.

SOD does seem to commonly come from bovines.

As a vegetarian, I found it repulsive due to moral reasons, but also health reasons.

Most of our cattle is toxic in the USA.

I could write a book about that- but I won't; just do the research yourself.

My point is, even for those who eat meat or who have pets that eat meat: What proof do we have, about the safety of the SOD pills derived from bovines?

From what I personally know of factory farming and slaughter houses, SOD products leave me feeling sickened and uncomfortable.

Keep in mind I am not singling out just this brand.

KAL is not a garbage brand.

I just find this to be a garbage nutrient.

There is a product that mixed SOD and Boswellia as a dog supplement for their joints.

I would use the Boswellia( actually FRANKINCENSE) as a supplement separately, but I would not bother with the SOD for dogs.

This is a highly acclaimed brand of SOD and I did try it before I realized what SOD really contains.

I did not notice any phenomenal results- especially since it is hyped as an anti-oxidant/ anti-aging supplement.

There are better products if you want an anti-oxidant or anti-aging supplements, you just need to really compare them and see what suits your need( or your pet's needs).

KAL - S.O.D.-3, 3000 mf, 100 tablets