Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KAPLA 280 Piece Block Set With Red Advanced Animals And Architecture Book
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 13, 2009
When my wife suggested this for my son for Christmas, I was pretty skeptical. After all, why not something more exciting like a race car set, flying dragonfly, Play Station? Well, I was wrong. Totally wrong. This is totally awesome. The key to success to the Kapla bricks is the preciseness of each piece and that allows you to build fantastic structures that challenge your imagination. There is no warpage, no splinters (and it smells great!). I found myself spending hours building arches, bridges and buildings, applying basic structural engineering principles that I've learned in school. Oh yes...it is my son's Christmas present..we've build dogs, houses, chairs, bridges together. Lots of fun, very highly recommended indeed.
on April 5, 2010
Without print, or impression KAPLA provide children with a blank canvas to perfect their building skills and to project their imaginations. We have spent many hours building towers to the ceiling only to bring them down in seconds. In a world of abject consumption, KAPLA's simplicity provides a welcome change and much needed contrast.

These are highly recommended and if you cannot find them in your area (or you are being charged more than $99 for the 280 box), there are several copy cat brands which we have found to be just as good, Citiblocs being one. If you're still unsure, check out some of the world records and KAPLA destruction video's on youtube.
on January 14, 2009
I'm a parent of a 13, 10 and 8 year-old. I've taught 4 year-olds in preschool. ALL ages (including me) love creating with this product! It really brings out the engineer in everybody in the most fun way possible. It may seem a little pricey, but Kapla is very worth it. The preschool teachers at my school would vie for the box and try to horde the blocks. I really can't think of a more versatile, and ageless, toy.
on December 20, 2012
This is a great activity for the kids and for the whole entire family. I gave this to my 5 year old son for his birthday. He immediately put down the star wars book and started building a tower with my 7 year old. They he wanted to build a garage for his remote control car. We played with these at a museum in San Diego so I knew they existed. I had a difficult time finding this product through a search, but luckily I did! 280 blocks is a good amount, but I am already eyeing the monster box of 1000 so I can build that huge bridge with a train on top. :)
on January 15, 2014
These blocks are a little pricy but well worth it. They come in a beautiful wooden carry case which is nice for storage. The lid is actually a book full of ideas of what to build. The blocks are precision built and you can build just about anything you can think of. There is enough blocks in this 280 piece set that my son and his friend played for hours at a time and were very proud of their creations. This is a quality product that I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a great learning/imaginative toy. If cared for these blocks will last for years to come and would be great to pass down to family or friends.
on April 26, 2013
This is a great product. Those are quality blocks and that precision allows the whole family to build surprising structures.
you can really stack them as they are *exactly* the same, meaning no wobbly mess after piling a few layers.

Great fun, for all ages.

We keep it in our living room and play with them sometimes when visitors drop by or just with the boys.
on May 15, 2016
The blocks are numerous and precisely cut so that you can really build some version of anything you can think of. I don't know if I should call this a toy or lego, but he simply loves it. It inspires creativity and can engage a few kids at a time. Challenging and rewarding. This is one that can be enjoyed by every member of the family.
on January 13, 2014
This is a great product- I like the idea of identical blocks used to make so many different structures. Good practice for kids in planning and understanding what can work and what can't, good creative game and good social activity for those winter days. The blocks are packed in a nice box made of plywood, and a hard cover booklet with some examples for structures that can be built forms a lid for the box.
Two issues though- first, packaging could be better. Wooden box did take some beating and arrived in less than perfect condition (not as bad as to require replacement, but definitely could be better). Second, it should be noted that the black plastic strips that run around the wooden box are not for shipping only, but rather, hold the walls of the box together and if removed- the box comes apart. This should be clearly stated somewhere so the customer does not cut them.
on November 24, 2008
Though I am not sure why these pieces of wood have to cost so much, I will say that they are really fun! Since they are all made exactly the same (wight and size) you can built really awesome things with them! My family has spent hours building Kapla cities and it's something that the whole family can get in on and have fun! In fact, with a little team work, the picture that you see on the box is actually possible to build!
on December 24, 2013
My nephew and his wife had the joy of giving birth to their fourth boy. I normally don't give clothes as baby gifts but choose books, that I know they won't "outgrow" for a while. But wanting to find something that not only this baby, but his brothers can have fun with NOW, I chose a gift of Kapla and they LOVE them. My son got Kapla one Christmas after telling us about it from his first grade class at our local Norwegian primary school. That year at the first parent meeting, the teacher asked if the parents would donate some funds for the class to buy extra Kapla because it was so popular among the boys and girls but they just didn't have enough. So that made me aware and lo and behold our six year old got Kapla for Christmas, which he never tired of in the months after Christmas. For Christmas the year after, what did he want....more Kapla. So two huge boxes made for bigger and more impressive structures. Today, with grown kids, I have gotten rid of many toys, but Kapla (and Legos) will never go! These are life long toys, that my grown kids will still occasionally take out. I highly recommend Kapla to any family as a wonderful toy to get them away from the PC and TV! I can't recommend any toy more!