‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Never knew it could be so much fun!, January 13, 2009
Ivan W. Ong (Charlotte, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KAPLA 280 Piece Block Set With Red Advanced Animals And Architecture Book (Toy)
When my wife suggested this for my son for Christmas, I was pretty skeptical. After all, why not something more exciting like a race car set, flying dragonfly, Play Station? Well, I was wrong. Totally wrong. This is totally awesome. The key to success to the Kapla bricks is the preciseness of each piece and that allows you to build fantastic structures that challenge your imagination. There is no warpage, no splinters (and it smells great!). I found myself spending hours building arches, bridges and buildings, applying basic structural engineering principles that I've learned in school. Oh yes...it is my son's Christmas present..we've build dogs, houses, chairs, bridges together. Lots of fun, very highly recommended indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars KAPLA, April 5, 2010
Without print, or impression KAPLA provide children with a blank canvas to perfect their building skills and to project their imaginations. We have spent many hours building towers to the ceiling only to bring them down in seconds. In a world of abject consumption, KAPLA's simplicity provides a welcome change and much needed contrast.

These are highly recommended and if you cannot find them in your area (or you are being charged more than $99 for the 280 box), there are several copy cat brands which we have found to be just as good, Citiblocs being one. If you're still unsure, check out some of the world records and KAPLA destruction video's on youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kapla offers endless options, January 14, 2009
I'm a parent of a 13, 10 and 8 year-old. I've taught 4 year-olds in preschool. ALL ages (including me) love creating with this product! It really brings out the engineer in everybody in the most fun way possible. It may seem a little pricey, but Kapla is very worth it. The preschool teachers at my school would vie for the box and try to horde the blocks. I really can't think of a more versatile, and ageless, toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know.. $100 for wood?, November 24, 2008
Though I am not sure why these pieces of wood have to cost so much, I will say that they are really fun! Since they are all made exactly the same (wight and size) you can built really awesome things with them! My family has spent hours building Kapla cities and it's something that the whole family can get in on and have fun! In fact, with a little team work, the picture that you see on the box is actually possible to build!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, December 20, 2012
D. Marks (san francsico) - See all my reviews
This is a great activity for the kids and for the whole entire family. I gave this to my 5 year old son for his birthday. He immediately put down the star wars book and started building a tower with my 7 year old. They he wanted to build a garage for his remote control car. We played with these at a museum in San Diego so I knew they existed. I had a difficult time finding this product through a search, but luckily I did! 280 blocks is a good amount, but I am already eyeing the monster box of 1000 so I can build that huge bridge with a train on top. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blocks for an imaginative child!, January 15, 2014
These blocks are a little pricy but well worth it. They come in a beautiful wooden carry case which is nice for storage. The lid is actually a book full of ideas of what to build. The blocks are precision built and you can build just about anything you can think of. There is enough blocks in this 280 piece set that my son and his friend played for hours at a time and were very proud of their creations. This is a quality product that I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a great learning/imaginative toy. If cared for these blocks will last for years to come and would be great to pass down to family or friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family fun, April 26, 2013
Amazon Customer (Bay Area, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great product. Those are quality blocks and that precision allows the whole family to build surprising structures.
you can really stack them as they are *exactly* the same, meaning no wobbly mess after piling a few layers.

Great fun, for all ages.

We keep it in our living room and play with them sometimes when visitors drop by or just with the boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kapla blocks for Gus, January 15, 2012
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my grandson who is 4 1/2. I live far away, so I haven't seen him play with the blocks, but his mother reports that the whole family (parents and 18-month-old brother) spend lots of time together playing with the blocks, so I'd say it's been a great success!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 5, 2014
My son is 5 years old. He spents at least one hour playing with this block set. It is really a creative toy that lasts forever. I am about to buy the second box. The good thing is all blocks are the same size, so they can really be creative and do amazing constructions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids!, April 30, 2014
My kids love this and have played with it nonstop. Tons of things to build! Great for their overall creativity!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›