Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: GREEN|Change

on October 18, 2010
So the kid announces that she wants a blue bike. The Kettler trike is apparently no longer cutting it and she wants a "big girl bike." She's only three so I look at my options and while the Skuut is what everyone around here seems to have, I needed blue and thus purchased a Kazam bike.

In short, she loves it. It was easy to assemble and she learned to ride it in a matter of weeks. She has gone from basically walking on top of it, to learning to coast down the hills over the course of the summer.

My favorite things about the Kazam?
1. It's light. I can hook it to the handlebar of my stroller on the way home from the park when little legs are too tired to ride it home at the end of the day.
2. The seat is easily adjustable without tools. The kid is constantly growing and it's great to be able to just pull the seat up another inch when I see that she needs it.
3. Awesome customer service. Our front tire kept losing air. An email to Kazam customer service saw a new one on our doorstep in days. Plus the tool to fix it with. Plus stickers (a big deal if you are three).
4. It's blue. Really blue. Which makes the kid very happy. Just add a bell, helmet, a little bike bling and you are good to go!

P.S. My daughter is a tall three year old (90th percentile) and I think we will be able to use this bike for at least another year or two.
33 comments|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2011
I love this bike. One of my favorite aspects is how the cross bar dips down for my son to rest his feet. He's only 2 1/2 and is still learning to balance, but b/c the cross bar dips down I don't have to worry about his legs getting caught up in the cross bar when he falls. I only have one complaint (which is why I only gave 4 stars). My complaint is that the seat angles downward. I'm sure there's a solution to this. Maybe just a new seat, or attaching some gripper shelf liner with rubberbands so he doesn't slip forward so much. This may not be a problem as he gets older (and heavier), but right now it seems to give him a little trouble.

UPDATE 1/13/2013:
We still love this bike and do not regret the purchase. It's holding up great with use. BUT, enter into the picture a second child. When our youngest turned 2 we gave him a balance bike too. This time we decided to try the STRIDER ST-3 No-Pedal Balance Bike. While both bikes work great for our boys I prefer the Strider bike b/c it's almost 5 pounds lighter (6.4 lbs versus 11.2 lbs)!! Also, the Strider bike has molded wheels that do not need to be refilled with air (whereas we have to refill the kazam wheels from time to time). So, if we ever need another I'll be getting another Strider.
44 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2012
I am the mother of fourteen children. I have tried all sorts of tricycles and bicycles over the years, from the Fisher Price, plastic trikes that my first four children used in their preschool days, to expensive bikes with clunky training wheels for my middle group of children. Those bikes offered an element of excitement as we never knew when the bike might suddenly tip over and crash. Once that happened in the middle of heavy traffic, and it took me a few days to recover from the panic.

Needless to say, when I saw a video of the Kazam bike, I knew we had to have one and give it a try. I can say with confidence that the Kazam bike is the best toy I have ever invested in for any of my children, oldest to youngest. It is so much fun to ride that the children wear themselves out gliding around the sidewalk and driveway on it. They are nice and tired come bedtime each night! The bicycle is small enough for a child that is short enough for his age but can be adjusted to fit a taller child. The joy in riding comes from knowing that one ISN'T going to crash, that if the slightest imbalance is achieved, one can just put his feet down and readjust. It gives children a feeling of control that they really need when attempting the new, difficult skill of riding a bike.

I used this bike for my last four children, and none of them needed "training" to ride a two wheel bicycle. They simply got on, tried working the pedals and ZOOOOOM! They were off! It was amazing! No more running down the sidewalk, holding onto the child's bike yelling, "Go ahead, I've got you!" only to have the child careen into a neighbors flower bed. The children hopped onto two wheel bicycles and took off. What a pleasure!

My youngest and very last child, Matthew, is learning to "Kazam" now, and he loves it. He feels like such a big boy riding his bike. I love to see him so happy and exercising away. Come bedtime, Matthew is nice and exhausted, protests about lying down to sleep. We take his Kazam with us to parks and playgrounds. It's small and lightweight and easily fits in the trunk of our car. It's portable fun at a reasonable price.

If I could only buy one toy for my young children, this is the one I would pick. Well worth every penny and made to last.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2010
We purchased the sturdy reasonably priced (it was $75 then) Kazam this summer for our 2 and a half year old. We decided to get this since he could not yet reach the pedals on his tricycle and was pushing it around. As soon as I had the bicycle put together (easy minimal assembly required), he was walking it around the house. Within the hour he was careening around corners and trying to put his feet up to coast. He has had a few crashes, but is easily able to right the bicycle himself and continue riding. Due to the low platform, he does not get tangled or stuck on the bike when he tips it over, avoiding injury. Our son loves it and wants to ride it every day. He has made a couple of rides greater than a mile without difficulty. My husband and I agree that this is the best gift we have bought for our son so far. We could not say enough good things about the Kazam balance bike.

Update: Our son is still loving this balance bike at three and a half and cannot wait to ride it each day. His year old bike still looks like new despite all the use. We liked this bike so much that we bought another as a gift for our niece.
on November 26, 2012
When searching for a first bike for my 4 year old son, I found Kazam. It is a wonderful first bike.
Very well made, low center of gravity, attractive and sturdy, but light-weight. The foot rest in the center of the bike is key.
As my son is getting better and better with it, he is starting to put his feet on the center foot rest and thus learning to balance. Everyone at the playground asks to borrow his bike. I would highly recommend this bike. I think my son will be on a 'real' bike with pedals very soon.
on June 24, 2013
My 3 year old son struggles on the traditional bike with training wheels. Getting on, pedaling and maneuvering are a bit challenging for him and he would lose interest after a few minutes.

With the Kazam, he instantly got on, started pushing himself around, and maneuvered himself a lot easier. Any time he wasn't comfortable with a situation, he just dismounts and walks the Kazam to a safer position before he gets back on. He also takes it off the pavement and onto terrain where the traditional training wheels would have a harder time operating.

It's all in all been a funner experience for my son. I will update when he is ready for the transition to a regular bicycle.

Pros- Easier to operate (safer for him), faster learning curve and more mobile (off pavement) than a traditional bike with training wheels. The construction is rock solid, sturdy and well thought out with rubber bumpers on the handlebars to cushion any impacts and for it to be rested against walls. The low foot rest makes it easier for my son to mount and dismount the Kazam when compared to a traditional bike.

Cons- Will eventually have to be replaced, where the traditional bike would just remove the training wheels.

To be determined- Does it transition well into the bicycle with pedals?

Conclusion- When purchased as simply another toy for your kids, you cannot go wrong with the Kazam. My son has had a lot of fun with this. Unless going downhill, it would be very hard for him to generate more speed than he can handle. His feet can easily access the ground, and it is just a normal reaction for him to stand straight up anytime he feels uncomfortable (something you cannot do with pedals and training wheels).

When purchased in comparison to a traditional bike, keep in mind that you will eventually have to purchase a traditional bike when he grows up or is simply ready to move on. This would just be an "extra step" (bypassing the training wheels) along the way that costs you more money. This is the first generation of kids that will learn with this style bike first. We all learned the old-fashioned way and turned out just fine......

My personal experience and expectation of this product justifies my 5 star rating. However, this will vary from person to person based on what their expectations were.
review image
on September 4, 2013
We received this as a present for my 2-year-old last year in mid-September. Less than a year later, it's not working! A couple of weeks ago, one of the wheels started making an awful squeaking noise, and now it just doesn't turn at all. My husband says it's probably the bearing part that died. Sure, the bike was great while it lasted... you'd just expect something like this to last longer, especially for the price!!

UPDATED: I had to update this review - even though I still believe it shouldn't have broken so fast, the customer service was great: Elizabeth reacted to my review, contacted me and we got new wheels for the bike, now it's fixed! my son can ride some more - and his little sister will get to ride it, too!:)
on October 10, 2015
After a lot of research, we bought the Kazam Balance Bike for our son's 3rd birthday. I wasn't sure how he would react to having a bike without pedals since that is what his older cousin has, but he was too excited to notice when we gave it to him. From the moment he got on the bike, he's enjoyed it. After having it for a month now, he's much better at steering, catching himself when he loses his balance and he takes longer strides. He loves to show it off to any and everyone he can.

I love how the Kazam offers the foot rest area! I makes so much sense. It is a very sturdy bike that will grow with him until he's ready for a regular bicycle. We are beyond pleased with our purchase!
review image
on June 30, 2014
We originally bought a blue Kazam for our son - who was 3 at the time after seeing the company on Shark Tank. The bike was easy to put together and like others mentioned, our son was zipping around the house in no time. A few things to note: the seat is pointed downward but it hasn't been a problem for our children and I think perhaps it helps them keep the forward momentum. Also, the alignment of the front wheel and the handle bars gets off sometimes and the nut has to be tightened. We know to check it periodically to make sure it is straight. Our biggest issue with our first bike is that the rubber handle bar grips will slide off. This once caused our son to fall off his bike at the park. We also check this frequently and really we need to glue them on. Even with these issues, we purchased a second pink bike for our daughter about 1 month ago. She is not yet 2 1/2 (28 months). Within 1 weekend she was also coasting slowly at the park. The pink color is striking! We love it! It is hard to tell from the picture but it is a bright pink not a girly soft pink and really stands out with the black seat, wheels and Kazam logo. We also have to check and tighten her wheel alignment but so far we have not had any issues with the rubber handle bar grips. Our kids get a lot of looks and smiles when we are at the park. The bikes look great and we would definitely recommend them. Our son is almost 4 and can ride very fast on his bike and his baby sister is doing her best to keep up.
on April 15, 2014
I saw this on Shark Tank and thought it was a very creative idea. I have a 5 1/2 year old autistic son whom has sensory issues and is unable to get the coordination down to use pedals on a traditional bike, so something like this is perfect. he is learning balance and steering skills without his issues with pedals. In saying that, I am not so sure this bike is for everyone however. It is rather small - FYI and after age 5, age 6 I do not feel it would be useful for a kid of average size (my son is small for his age 10th percentile). Furthermore, I feel after a summer riding this, the skill to master balance will be there and most typically developing kids will graduate to a regular bike either with or without training wheels. So, if you are comfortable spending $100 on a bike you may only get one summers use than this is a really great product. But, if your budget is tight, you may want to go with a transitional bike at a lower cost with training wheels that are removable and get a couple of summers out of it. Hope that makes sense!