5.0 out of 5 stars I love Keen slip-ons!
Published on December 16, 2011 by senseamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm Shoe
Published on March 20, 2012 by Brandon Mascarenas

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Keen slip-ons!, December 16, 2011
This review is from: KEEN Men's Brixen LO Waterproof Insulated Snow Sneaker (Apparel)
I've been a fan of Keen shoes for years, originally digging the Providence model and their water sandals. In recent years they seemed to have lost it but these Brixen Lo shoes really capture the spirit again. They are running small though. The last pair of Keen I bought were 13, so I ordered 14 this time. These turned out well, allowing some thicker socks to be worn as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, November 6, 2012
These are good shoes. I bought them after spending six plus years in Merrill Jungle Mocs, so I've had a slight transition. The Brixen's have been discontinued on Keen's website and I could not find them in a retail store. But they are solid and well built shoes. I went the Walking Store and bought orthotics to customize the fit. Several reviewers on Amazon mentioned that they run a little small so I ordered a half size large and it worked. My one concern is these shoes are wide and 'klunky.' They have massive soles and are heavy (compared to the JungleMocs) but I like their style and they are comfortable. I expect them to work well through all kinds of weather this winter. I'm glad I bought them and expect years of good wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to Last, Worth the Money, August 9, 2012
My boyfriend is in HVAC. Every summer for the past 4 years I buy him a new pair of Keens, slip on work shoe... For a shoe to last a year with the way he treats them, wearing 5 days a week for a whole year is amazing. We used to buy cheap because they were just a working shoe, something from wal mart but they fell apart in like 2 months... They also caused him back pain...

Worth the money for these

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes., March 4, 2012
Needed shoes for the Minnesota winters, with a lot of snow and slop, and good traction on ice. These fill the bill, and are very comfortable to boot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm Shoe, March 20, 2012
Keen makes great shoes, bottom line. These shoes are warm, waterproof, and comfy...95% anyways. The only part that was uncomfortable was the cuff of the shoe around the ankle. When wearing them around the house to test them they were digging into my ankle and I wasn't sure if they would break in eventually, but I didn't want to take that chance and waste the money. That is my only complaint and you may not have that problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy, December 31, 2013
I was looking for Keen build, look and feel. I got everything but the feel. These shoes seem heavy for what they are and don't really work well as a slip on. Everytime I take them off my feet sigh in relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars good shoe, March 6, 2012
I was looking for a shoe to take up north during the winter...I found these.
It is a great shoe to keep your feet warm!
It was a bit stiff, initially but upon wearing a few times it molded to my feet and felt comfortable.
Oh yeah, and its a slip-on which is great when going thru security at airport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keen Men's Brixen like having a brand new Mercedes for your feet, November 5, 2014
An Excellent Shoe, Bottom line: Size was a concern after I read many who said to order 1/2 size larger. I wanted to wear socks with this and have the 10.5 mens Keen sandals I love so, since those fit perfectly I ordered the size 11 shoe... Wrong choice, Too big, but with Amazon's forgive and exchange I was able to pop the size 11's in the box and send back with the handy printout label provided by Amazon. Within a few days, over the weekend, I had the exchanged size 10.5 which is really perfect. Okay, now to trying out the shoes, First off, the only complaint, and it is small, is the sides do hit my ankle bone too like someone else also said. The solution for that for me was to wear heavy socks, and over time the shoes will get used to the fact that I have an ankle bone right where the top sides of the shoes are. The shoes are flexible and are already giving in to that problem and I anticipate there will be no further issue over the next few days of time wearing them. The Best Part, and the reason I wanted these shoes is that they are liberally wide and strong on the bottom with tread like a Mac Truck. This gives me a good solid footing on winter ground conditions, rain, wet, muddy, - Let me tell you, I walk my dogs come rain or even worse weather and I'm out in it every day and often. These shoes are like having a brand new Mercedes for your feet. Keen Men's Brixen Lo Waterproof Insulated Shoe keeps my feet dry, comfortable and set apart from the elements. There is no bad weather, only bad shoes, and these are good shoes, the best. I'm happy as I have tried everything and the one's I like and still have a pair I alternate with the Keen's now is the Merrill slip on Waterproof Moc. I have two pair because I let each pair air dry in the house while I'm using the other pair. I've talked enough about these now, Get 'em, even if you have to go back and forth to get the right size. As I see it now, just get the size you are and that will probably be perfect, as it is for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, January 28, 2014
The shoes fit perfect. There is no break in period. Does not feel uncomfortable at all. I am beginning to like the Keen brand of shoes. This is my second pair and I just ordered a third pair (all different models).

5.0 out of 5 stars Keen Shoes are the Best !, January 18, 2014
I buy nothing but Keen shoes. They are the most comfortable shoe I have owned. This was my first time buying an insulated pair and they do not disappoint. !