Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 19, 2014
I'm on my feet all day at work and needed a shoe that provided enough support. I ordered a different pair of Keens first, but had to send them back when I discovered that I could fold those in half like a sheet of paper. These, on the other hand, are pretty solid shoes. I occasionally work a 14-hour day, and my feet used to kill after that much time walking around, but with these I feel great. They're comfortable, and though they don't scream "fashion", the look has grown on me lately. The construction seems pretty solid and they don't seem to cause my feet to get overly hot. Overall I'm pretty happy with the shoes and would definitely replace them if something were to happen.
on June 25, 2015
These shoes have one critical design flaw that I could not overcome: the laces tie too low and cause a loose fit. The last lace attachment point is too far down the shoe, so rather than the laces tying high across my foot at the base of my ankle as with most hiking shoes, it was about an inch down from there. I simply could not tie the laces tight enough so that my foot would not have excessive vertical movement within the shoe when I stepped. As any hiker knows, movement within your shoe/boot is a recipe for blisters and injury because on uneven ground your foot and footwear will go in different directions.

An additional anchor point for the laces would have solved this issue, and I can't believe testers for Keen didn't note this issue. It's almost like the shoes are missing an extra lace point. I did not have this issue with my previous pair of Keen shoes, which have a lace eyelet above the four webbing lace points. I could not go a size smaller because then the shoes would have been much short and my toes would have been cramped.

I'll give one star above the minimum for good looks and probable comfort of the sole, but Keen needs to address this issue before I'll buy again.
on July 9, 2015
I wear Keen shoes for the signature wide, suare toe box. My foot is not pointed at the end, nor should my shoe be. I am disapointed to realize that Keen is moving away from the square toe design and going for the standard pointed shoe design that made them stand alone in the shoe industry. These are pointed toe shoes, NOT why I buy Keen's. I don't know why Keen would move away from their unique, superior shoe design and go with the flow of other shoe companies. Very disapointing.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2016
The first pair I received came with one of the top lace loops damaged. One side of the loop wasn't connected to the shoe, and since there are no holes or other lace connections anywhere near the top loop, you cannot secure the shoe to your foot as this loop is crucial. I thought, fine, things happen and bought a second pair while I return the first. The second pair were much more promising as this pair even arrived in a KEEN shoebox, (the last pair were in a generic shoebox). Two weeks later, the top loop rips out on one side, leaving me unable to tighten the shoe to my foot effectively. I've never owned KEEN shoes before, and doubt I'll risk getting a third. My work schedule doesn't quite allow me much time to make repeated trips to UPS to return defective items. Either KEEN isn't a quality company or these shoes are cheap imitations... which would be strange because otherwise they felt decent on my feet.
review image
on August 13, 2015
The first pair of Keen Koven's I ordered were about a half size too small. Previous reviewers on this site and others had suggested this, but I thought, well I've owned many pair of Keen shoes and those all fit as marked. However, after receiving my first pair I had to send them back and order another pair one-half size larger than what I typically wear. I've only had the 2nd pair one day, but they are a vast improvement.
Edit - see review of 2nd pair elsewhere.
on July 2, 2015
As some other reviewers have noted, these seem smaller and narrower than other Keens. Very odd. Every other pair of Keens I've ever put on was quite wide (that's what they're known for, right!?), whether shoes, "sneakers," or boots. These are also short. A 10.5 M (D) in Keens is usually just a tad large on me, but this one in a 10.5 M (D) is actually too short--toes right at the end. Seemed OK at first, but as I walked around the house in it more, I'd find my toes hitting. It may not be TOO narrow for me, but it's on the edge width-wise, definitely narrower than other Keens. Haven't decided yet if I can keep them.

I've read reviews of the wide version of the Koven shoe that say it's even narrower than other Keen mediums, so I don't know if trying the wide version is worth the hassle.

Something must have gone wrong with this shoe's sizing. Otherwise, I really like the shoe--seems good for very light hiking/off-pavement walking.
on December 7, 2015
Keen are the best! I ordered these based off of my Keen sandals that I have had for 4 years or more. Those sandals are extremely comfortable and are made to last. These shoes replicate the fit and comfort of the sandals. I wear a 10.5 in the sandals and ordered an 11 in these because my feet have flattened and lengthened a small amount in the last few years. The 11 are a perfect fit, offer great arch support and are very comfortable, light and flexible. The sole is well made and provides great trail grip without being too aggressive. Highly recommended. Another home-run by Keen!!
on September 23, 2015
Keen has eliminated the square toe box on these shoes. I have had more than 4-5 pairs of keen shoes/sneakers/sandals. They all have the square toe box and are the most comfortable footwear I have owned. Bought the same size for years and never a problem.

These shoes are just not very good. The toe box is cramped and the all day comfort I have come to expect just does not exist.

Shame on you Keen.
on November 13, 2015
I'll try to be brief. This is a handsome shoe that appears to be well constructed. I have wide feet (2E - 3E depending on who makes it). Nonetheless, the toe box in a typical Keen is nice and roomy for me. (I disagree with the reviewer who says it's not wide enough. It's not pointed at all.) Nothing rubs on the toes or sides of the foot. Unlike a lot of contemporary shoes, there is also a minimal amount of arch support. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Anything pushing noticeably into my foot (including an arch support) is guaranteed to irritate my feet. Over-zealous arch support is painful for me.

However, as another reviewer has noted, this shoe needs an additional pair of eyelets a good 3/4-1" further back from the top one to secure it on the foot. As it is, the rear of the shoe slid all over my heel because there was no way to lock my foot down into the shoe. Secondly, a bit more cushion in the heel would be nice. The included insole is of good quality, but it's rather thin. It certainly keeps the foot from rubbing on the stitching of the upper to the sole, but there's nearly zero "cushion" to it. This can be fixed with an aftermarket insole, but you'll have to buy that separately.

In the end, I'm returning this pair, respectfully. It's a nice shoe, but it needs to hold my heel more securely in place for the kind of walking and hiking I do. I hate to use an awl to make my own eyelets.

Pros:
* Attractive
* Generous toe box
* Good construction

Cons:
* Could use another pair of lacing eyelets
* Rather minimal insole cushioning
on July 18, 2015
so far I have only had them for one day going on two but I like them very much. I had two day shipping and they showed up in one, the color I picked is great, and the shoes are every comfortable. Most of the time I put in new soles but I don't think I will have to this time. They fit alittle big but better to big then to small. Going on day Two I love them.
review image