5.0 out of 5 stars size
The shoe sizes run small. I am normally a size 12 and the size 13 I bought fit just right. Size 12 would have been too small.
Published 12 months ago by Ace Blaszczyk

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising, but needs improvement
Published 8 months ago by Brian Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars size, December 11, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising, but needs improvement, April 4, 2014
This review is from: KEEN Men's Marshall WP Hiking Shoe (Shoes)
First off, I should say that this is my very first pair of Keens, so I'm coming from a place of having zero experience with the brand and unique characteristics of Keen shoes. However, I'd heard many good things from friends who swear by them, so I opted to try the waterproof version of the Marshall as my entry point. I wanted a light trail shoe that would keep my feet dry, and after looking at various comparable brands' offerings, I was intrigued to try the Marshall simply because it's such a great looking shoe that seemed to get pretty good reviews. I'd also heard that Keen has a pretty good customer service dept that could address any problems with their products.

After lightly wearing the Marshall WP's around the house and on a few treks outside, the first thing I noticed was that these do not breathe very well, and within an hour or so of activity in them, my feet would start to get really clammy and uncomfortable feeling. Despite the fact that I always wear some sort of wool sock, my feet seemed like they were getting prone to hot spots in these shoes because of the friction caused by the sweat situation. I've never, ever dealt with sweaty feet before, so this was a bit unsettling. You can tell the shoe is waterproof also due to the "crinkly sound" the material makes as the shoe flexes with your feet. Secondly, the size seemed a bit off. The shoe didn't feel a full half-size too small, but maybe just under a half-size too small. My thicker wool hiking socks made the shoes feel cramped, so I had to wear thinner, less cushioned socks. One other thing about the size issue, was that the right shoe of my pair seemed as if it was even smaller than the left. After 10 days or so, I made the call to Keen customer service, and they issued me the return info.

I decided to give the Marshall a second chance, and opted to try out the standard (non waterproof) version. After a couple of days in them, I'm convinced the size issue I had with the first pair (WP) was just due to anomalies, or defects in the quality as the new pair feels really good and do not seem as small. The new ones breathe a lot better too.

It's a bit disappointing that the waterproof version did not work out for me, but I probably would've exchanged them for another of the same kind if the breathability issues weren't so noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes, like all Keen's, January 14, 2014
Standard Keen sizing. Buy 1/2 size (US) larger than you normally wear. Light weight and great sole that molds to your foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable...but like others said...., February 12, 2014
I bought a size larger than normal. I'm a 12 and bought a 13. It fit perfectly. So keep that in mind when purchasing. It's a very comfortable shoe but I have yet to take a significant hike in them. I expect them to perform well.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's all true, July 22, 2014
This review is from: KEEN Men's Marshall WP Hiking Shoe (Shoes)
After much research and review reading, I asked for a pair of these for my birthday. My wife obliged, and picked up a pair. I knew to tell her to order a pair a 1/2 size larger than I wear, which she did! They fit well when they arrived, but there was something about the left foot that wasn't right. It felt as if there was something rubbing on the top of my foot. I inspected the shoe, and sure enough, the waterproof liner was coming undone from the top of the shoe. It's not something that I can fix, so I returned them.

The second pair that Amazon sent fit Ok.. At first. The shoe needs an insole. The stock insole is just a thin piece of material. There is NO arch or heel support at all. To top it off, after about a week of casual wear, the liner in the left foot did the exact same thing as the first pair.

I sent that pair back for a refund.

I would think that a company like Keen would put out a shoe that didn't have a faulty headliner... For a hundred bucks, you would think that the quality would be better than what it is. It's very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, September 1, 2014
This is my first pair of "Keen" shoes and as of now I have only done one hike in them so I can't speak about their longevity yet but I can say they seem to perform very well and I am definitely satisfied with them! Although my experience with these shoes is very limited as of now, I did put them through quite the test on my recent hike through the Olympic Wilderness in Washington state. The hike was about 20 miles in distance and began in the rainforest then ascending to an alpine ridge and descending back into the rainforest. During this, I encountered rain, mud, abrasive and loose rocky terrain, and other various conditions that are common in the Olympic wilderness. These shoes did surprisingly well through it all and I was particularly impressed with how well they held a grip on slippery rocks and wood! There were many times when I came across large wet rocks and pieces of wood that should have been very slippery but to my amazement these shoes held a grip on those surfaces! At the wettest points on the hike the "waterproof" grid material did absorb a very small amount of water that dried super fast and never came close to soaking through. From my experience, there is no truly waterproof material out there really - even "Gore-Tex" treated materials will eventually begin to absorb water - so I'm not at all surprised that these shoes took on the tiny amount of water they did considering the conditions I was in! As far as a "waterproof" product goes, these get a 7 or 8 out of 10 in my opinion.

I would say these shoes fit relatively true to size and they are certainly wide in the toe box - which I appreciate! Overall, I found these shoes to be comfortable, supportive and enjoyable to wear. They probably aren't the best for the kind of trek I took them on but I don't personally like heavy duty boots so they work for me. In terms of durability, I feel these will last a fare amount of time and get me through many wilderness journeys! Upon inspection after my hike, they did appear to have held up very well against all the sharp rocky terrain I traveled over.

I would recommend these shoes to others!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keen Shied review, October 4, 2013
Shoes feels smaller than other Keen shoe's I'm wearing. Other wise they feel good, they look really sharp, not to bad

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Shoes, September 20, 2013
Great so far! I haven't tried them in any weather conditions yet but they seem like they'll do the job. I'm a big Keen fan and these haven't disappointed. I'm glad I made the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes, January 15, 2014
These shoes fit. I have a problem finding a shoe that's good looking and comfortable. I've tried Merrill, Teva's and these are superior to all the others!

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to go one size larger, November 4, 2013
This review is from: KEEN Men's Marshall WP Hiking Shoe (Shoes)
I wear 9 medium and it was too small. The 9.5 was too tight. I'm wearing the 10 and it seems to be okay so far in both length and width. Feels comfortable.

I will update this review when I've had them longer.

KEEN Men's Marshall WP Hiking Shoe