Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 16, 2014
I bought these because i had a big multi-day hike coming up which would have been in very unpredictable weather (in Alaska) and up to 10 miles a day for 4 days. Unfortunately we ahd to cancel the trip due unforseen circumstances, but none the less i have still put these shoes through the ringer!
I live in an outdoor paradise in Kodiak Alaska and have done everything from just waliing to and from work (about 1.5 mi each way over some roads and some rough terrain) to taking long hikes, to beach walking and tide pooling.
These shoes had exactly 0 breakin period, and they were comfy and loose from the first time i put them on my feet! They are not a traditional hiking show, and are almost like if a light flexible running shoe and a hiking shoe had a baby. The material is lightweight and thin, and the sole is a very light, flexible yet durable material. they also have great toe protection with the signature KEEN toe gaurd so when ive come up against a rock or something i have never hurt my toe.
They are 100% waterproof, and you can litterally stand in a pool of water up to about ancle hight and the water just rolls off like on a ducks back, this feature is great for tide-pooling here on the coast and my feet stay dry and my grip stays true!
I highly recommend these shoes to anyone, and i have been showing them off to friends and getting lots of compliments.
11 comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
This is the best all around light weight boot. Warm, waterproof, great grip, comfortable and only 15 ounces a shoe. Fits true to size.
on April 14, 2014
Compared to other Keen hiking boots I've had over the years, the footbed in these is much flatter and lacks support. As other reviewers suggest, maybe these boots would be fine if you purchased an insole for better comfort and support. These Keens also seem to run wider and larger than others. Instead of these, I went with the Salomon X Ultra Mid GTX which are also lightweight and waterproof boots for summer hikes. In addition to providing better support, I think the Salomon's are more durable (but only time will tell).
on August 18, 2014
These boots are so light and comfortable, it feels like I'm wearing slippers.

I wore these for the first time on a 20 mile hike up and down a rugged Colorado fourteen-er and had no complaints.

They are so soft and comfortable that I was worried about stability and blistering from my feet moving around, but there was absolutely no issues during the long hike walking up and down steep inclines and walking on rocks for miles at a time. It's very difficult to roll your ankles in these, every time your foot lands at a weird angle the boot do an amazing job correcting your step and keeping sole flat on the ground.

My feet stayed dry, even after stepping in the water a few times. During the hike the temperature changed from 50 degrees in the morning to 80 degrees during they day and my feet never got too hot or too cold.

Boots have been taking a beating and there is no sign of any unexpected wear or seams opening up. Defiantly my all around go to hiking boot !!
on April 3, 2014
These boots are great. Right out of the box I took them on a 4 day trip. They are water resistant and extremely comfortable.
on April 13, 2015
I bought the boots 2 weeks ago. They were perfect, I agree O break in time, I have a Planto injury so I had tried on several pairs and these were the top fit, weight and structure. However, 1 week after purchase I took them on a 47km tramp and the left boot lace eyelets popped at the top of the boot, most disappointing. Note before you go tramping check that there is no fault in the lacing up area. I'll get these fixed at a cobbler, but very disappointing as this 't and has never happened on a boot I have purchased usually the sole goes before any of the fastening area.
on April 6, 2014
I have another pair of Keens which I wore last year hiking Mount Kilimanjaro so decided to try these for planned hike to Machu Picha in Peru. They fit slightly smaller than expected but there still is sufficient room in the toes for comfortable descents. they don't seem as durable as my Keen Gypsum boots so I will use these for training but go back to gypsum boots for serious hiking....Arie
on June 3, 2015
I bought these hiking boots/shoes recently prior to a 4 week trip to several national parks. Just got back and here's what I can tell you. First, I have a wide foot, high arch, and wear custom orthotics. Keen's are one of the few hiking footwear brands I can get my orthotics into. Some of my comments here I believe are due to my orthotics and not the shoes. In short I only have one negative with regard to the shoe itself. I would say that the shoes are overall comfortable. By the end of the day, my feet were pretty sore, but I'm fairly certain this was due to the orthotics, which are stiff and relatively firm/hard (I have a neuroma in my left foot - the orthotics prevented the significant pain from that, but with a side affect that my feet would be tired and a bit sore at the end of each day - fine the next morning). The shoes are cut high and I believe provide good support. Many of the trails I hiked were rocky and gravelly, and I appreciated the support of the shoe. The shoes soles also provide excellent traction, including on wet and sandy rocks. The one negative of the shoe itself, is that the sole does not wear very well from what I can see. A thin layer of the rubber peeled off of the inside of the soles. I don't know if you could get more than a year out of a pair. If it were not for that, I would have given these shoes a 4 or 5. They worked with my orthotics (although I think I may need to get my orthotics modified if I continue to use them). Note, I also have a pair of Keen Targhee Mids, that IMO have a much better sole, but are not as good for me for hiking. I think Keen should consider using a similar sole on the Marshall's.
on March 16, 2015
Very light weight shoe which is good. Some reviews commented about thin sole and I have found that to be true also. If you're walking on rocky/bumpy surfaces it will be an issue and the sole appears to be thinner than my other KEEN hiking boots. I however, walk on polished concrete all day so it's not a big issue. I always need to replace the stock insoles for my shoes with better arch support. It's the only way for to get a more custom fit in an otherwise generic fitting shoe. These are roomy enough to accept the custom insole.
on July 5, 2014
Really great hiking shoes - very happy with purchase. These are a little wider than normal, which I love because I put an orthodic in my shoes. So I purchased .5 size larger than I would normally wear to accommodate

I have gone hiking a number of times since the purchase in all types of terrain, and these have really held up well. Expecting years of use out of these, and nothing in the first few months has made me believe differently.