Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Price:$44.98 - $119.95

on May 26, 2010
One simply cannot overstate the comfort of the Keen Portsmouth. They're like mansions for your feet, and that's just the beginning of the hyperbole. The fact is, these shoes are salvation for your feet. Salvation from discomfort of any kind. From pinching, from corns and callouses, from not being massaged at the end of a hard day of work. Simply the act of buying these shoes will bathe your feet in a previously unimagined luxury that can only be surpassed by wearing them every day and night - even to bed. Especially to bed. Your best ladies will thank you. Foreign dignitaries, heads of state, Nobel laureates, scientists, and rock stars will admire you. Assassination attempts will be made against you. Nations will conspire to effect your capture or death. The gods of Olympus will rise up in tumult and marshal the very fabric of the universe to take from you the supreme comfort that you alone possess, for no mere mortal can be let to bask in such glory while on this earth.

And for $65? That's, like, 34% off regular retail pricing. Crazy!
99 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2009
I'm a bartender/manager so i'm on my feet most of the day. These shoes have great traction behind the bar. They are very comfortable with great arch support. I hope these shoes never get discontinued, I plan on wearing these shoes for a long as I can (and continue buying them).
on December 24, 2014
I have big, wide feet. The Keen's fit awesome and are really comfortable. I have to put an arch insert in to accommodate my plantar fasciitis, but the still fit great. I will look to buy more Keen shoes in the future........however the shoes do not match. See my attached photo. One shoe is noticeably darker than the other. Its like I'm wearing two different shoes. This is disappointing because they are very comfortable, light for their size and look good. I'm definitely keeping the shoes and hope that one shoe will either darken as it gets worn in, or maybe I can use some shoe polish to darken up the lighter one.

Overall, I love the feel and fit, but am disappointed that the shoes are noticeably different colors. I know leather is unique and cannot be an exact match, but the difference in this pair is extreme. I would recommend Keen to people with wide feet. This is the only brand I've every purchased where I have not had to either seek out a wider size, or buy a size up. Since i have big feet, it is nice not to have to go a size up. I just wish they matched.
review image
on December 7, 2009
I'm on my third pair of Portsmouths. I find them to be the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on my feet. The only thing keeping them from being perfect is that on all three pairs, the glue where the leather meets the toe-box has deteriorated rather quickly. It starts out as a white residue along the edge of the toe-box on the sides of the shoe and eventually you start seeing a gap there. Luckily for me, I live in a dry climate so water getting into this gap isn't so much of a problem but I can only imagine someone living in a wetter area would soon find their toes wet.
on November 13, 2012
I needed some footwear of this nature for a sudden business trip. Naturally I waited until the last minute to make the purchase from Amazon after reviewing the product. As usual, I received my purchase in two days (as promised). By the time I got the shoes, I had no time to make a change in selection before the trip.

The reviews that said these babies are great are spot on! I tried the shoes on, Never even really tied them. They felt like the last used to make them was personally made for me. I wore the to work the next day, again without lacing them and forgot I had new shoes on! Fast forward a few days of walking through airport terminals, meetings, crappy weather outside, I'm in my hotel getting ready to come home and read the please review this request from Amazon. At that point I realized that I had not given one thought to these shoes during the entire trip......nor had I really bothered to lace them. Perfect tor the TSA shoe removal exercise. Lace real loose, they are like a slip on.
on December 16, 2010
The rubber sole started to come apart on this pair of shoes after I had worn them for about six months. I went on the Keen website and submitted a claim (which was easy to do) and got a $100 company credit. I have never had a single problem with any other pair that I own. I own six pairs of Keen shoes and will replace with more Keen shoes. They make a great product that is backed up up by great customer service. Why should I buy another brand.

I have found that the size is consistant across the different styles (lace up/slip on/sandals) but they will stretch out a bit with wear. Love Keen shoes!
on October 16, 2012
I've had my Portsmouth for a little over a year now. When I bought them I was trying to get something better, higher quality, and more 'grown up' than the mass-market skate shoes I had worn the past. The style was a little 'crunchy' for my taste at first, but they grew on me. At first, I was quite happy. My feet seemed to stay much drier and warmer than in my old shoes. However, after about a month or so, the laces disintegrated. Not a big deal, they're not super important for this style of shoe. You can call them, and they'll "try and help" get you a new pair, but I just bought some hiking boot laces from a local department store. They've been just fine since.
Now after a year I look at the shoes. I notice that the leather on one of them is starting to come apart at the 'toe crease'. Examining the sole I notice that it's starting to wear through in spots. I expected these shoes to last longer, especially given some reviews that mention them lasting 3-5 years. It could be I got a bad pair, it could be that they're cutting corners, or they just aren't 'what they used to be'. Are they worse than any other shoes I've had? No. In some ways they're better. They're just not the high-quality, long-lasting shoe that many other reviews said they were.

**Update Jun 2013**
I noticed today that the toecaps are starting to come unglued. Like I said before, they've been decent shoes, I've really liked them. I just don't expect them to last that much longer. I'm already shopping for new shoes. I'd also note: I'm pretty sedentary, sit at a desk all day, don't walk around a whole lot.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
I just received delivery of these shoes from Amazon on Thursday afternoon (4/9/2015) and returned them to Amazon for a refund within a couple of hours that same day.

1. The first issue for me was the sizing, as my size 11 D (M) was way too big in terms of both length and width - I typically wear a size 11 D in men's shoes. My feet were "swimming" in these things.

2. Secondly, given the shoe lace pattern, I just couldn't tighten these shoes enough for them to feel comfortably snug around my foot, and yet at the tops of my feet near my ankles the laces were digging into me. Very uncomfortable.

3. These shoes offered me no arch support, as the foot beds were virtually flat (not at all contoured), and the soles were fairly hard, both of which are bad for my neuroma / metatarsalgia.

It took all of five minutes for me to know these shoes definitely were not for me. A shame really, as both my wife and I really like the looks of these shoes. I have no idea how well they would wear / last over the long haul.
on September 13, 2014
Nice shoes! I have been a Keen fan for some time now but this is my first laced pair. I got these for walking in and have not really road tested them yet, but I have to say they are comfortable out of the box and really nice looking.

Update: My wife thought I was crazy buying a new pair of shows before a trip to Germany and Oktoberfest where I was going to walk everywhere for a week. But walk I did and these shoes wore like they had been broken in for years. Like slippers. I was never fatigued and did not think about my feet at all. Given that my feet tend to be a bit wide and my big toes can get sore from rubbing, these shoes are amazing. And I did not use gel soles or anything. Brought my running shoes just in case and never took them out of the suitcase. Awesome!
on October 7, 2011
I spend about 9 hours a day on my feet, walking a concrete dock. I don't need steel toes and I also need a wide shoe. These fit the bill. My first pair lasted over a a year and a half, so when it came time to replace them I didn't think twice - I just bought another pair. Why mess with what works? I own three different styles of Keen's and would recommend them to anyone.