Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Special Size: Toddler (1-4 Years)|Size: 5 M US Toddler|Color: Navy|Change
Price:$39.95 - $1,000.00

on April 6, 2012
So, this is an expensive shoe, as well as brand. I'm a bargain shopper, which includes being cheap at times, but this year I decided to get my kids some good summer shoes, especially my three year old since he had $20 shoes similiar to this last summer, but his feet were really stinky.

This is a good quality shoe, all 3 of my kids didn't want to take them off. I ordered a size up for each of them, and this is a little long at the toe, and because they run a tiny bit wide, the extra toe space makes them seem a bit floppy. Overall, however, they are fantastic looking. I wish they gave shoe measurements by the inches of the insole...

Here are the actual measurements of the shoes we got:

Toddler/Little Kid size 12M: Inside sole measurement from the tip of the toe to the heel: 6 1/8"

Little Kid Size 2M: 8"

This is the actual size (as exactly as I could measure) of the inside of the shoe where the foot goes. I took a blank piece of paper and traced each of my children's feet (if they could not giggle & wiggle) and measured both feet from the longest part to the heel. On some children it's the big toe and others it's the second toe. Use the larger of the two feet to size a shoe, and typically a 1/2" of space is the right amount from the toe to the end of the shoe. I hope this helps!
33 comments| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
The price that Amazon was selling this sandal at was unbelievable at about 65% off and lower than anywhere else. Of course it is subject to change but check out the different patterns for different sizes and you may get one color at a fraction at the price of another color. I have a little 14 month old walker who is wearing size 3.5 for stride rite. I bought the size 4 Keen (which is the smallest anyway). The length of the Stride Rite size 3.5 and Keen size 4 were the same. The Keens are just way wider. My little one does not have wide feet and I can see some space on the sides especially when she does not wear socks. You can't make them less wide with the velcro strap. However, they seem to fit fine to her and she took off running when I first put them on. I also have a pair of crocks that are much lighter. However, she does not like to wear those. Great toe protection. I would not recommend them for little ones that are not walking yet.

Update: Kiddo has grown since I bought the first pair. We are now her third pair of Newports. We are in the south, so she can use these pretty much year round. Keens go on sale with different retailers like Amazon, Nordstrom and especially 6pm all the time. I have seen prices fluctuate day by day and it depends on size and pattern. I have never paid more than half of the retail price. I have already bought a Whisper size 7 and a Seacamp size 8. The Whisper is a more girly shoe and a bit more space between the straps. The Seacamp has a more flexible sole and is much more airy (like this one a lot). I would say that the Newport is still my favorite for kids under two because 1) clunky baby feet fit in this one the best and 2) the space between the straps is very small, although it means less ventilation, it also results in less gravel and mulch getting in the shoes of your baby. Young kids may not have the skills to let you know that something is in their shoes that bothers them (with the closed toes on these shoes, it is hard to see).
on July 29, 2015
I love Keen sandals. I've purchase four pairs, but this year... I'm so disappointed in the strap... After you get the sandal on, you have to rethread the strap before closing. Toddlers this age are learning to be self sufficient... So this design is a big fail... They lack the dexterity. Also, the foot opening is more difficult because the strap is already threaded on one side. If you skip the second threading, the strap slides up and rubs against my toddlers ankle....
review image
44 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2012
I wear a women's 8 and the 6 youth fit great and saved me over 50 bucks!! Still holding up great after a few months of occasional wear too. Very happy with purchase!
66 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
Had I written this review a while ago I would have done five stars. Now however I'm not certain its worth even one. After looking online I've found the anti microbial footbed to blame for my sons blistered/burned feet.
on March 29, 2016
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

PRICE: I am an adult woman who typically wears a size 8 shoe. I love that these Keen's for kids in a six fit my feet perfectly! I tend not to like the color options on a lot of women's shoes, and these brown and orange sandals are definitely my style! The kid's shoes, while often very similar in style to the women's, are typically a lot cheaper. I think I got these for just under $40 which is a fantastic price for such quality.

DURABILITY: I've had these shoes for a couple of years now and have worn them almost exclusively during the warmer months and they are still in great shape! I'll probably get a new pair this year, not because I actually feel like they need to be replaced, but just so I might try them in another color. I can't believe that they still look and wear almost exactly the same as when I first got them! (Well, I can - that's why we buy Keens, right?)

FIT: The fit on these is absolutely perfect. They are my "Goldilocks" shoes! Not too narrow, not too small, not too big, not too wide, just perfect.

VERSATILITY: I can do ANYTHING in these shoes!!! Hike through the creek and woods with my dogs? No problem. Exercising and training dogs at the shelter? No problem. Walking around the city all day? No problem. These have been through mud and woods and streams and they still look and feel amazing. My feet and legs and back are never sore after I wear them, even when I've had them on and been on the go all day!

The only thing about these shoes is that they can, like any shoes, get a little smelly. I usually will rinse them with warm water and vinegar once a month, and then every few days just sprinkle a bit of baking soda on the soles and problem solved.

Gosh, I love these shoes. Apparently, turtles love them as well? My brother had his turtle Crush out when I was visiting while wearing it and she "bee-lined it," (IOW, moved as fast as a turtle can move) and immediately tried to procreate with them, perhaps because they looked a little like her. You be the judge.
on November 20, 2014
Thank you so very much for the lady who left feedback about the sizes. I am in a women's 7 shoe and the little kids 5 fits. They are even a little big!! I couldn't believe it. They were half the price as women's. THANK YOU!!! I would have never know if not for the review. Amazon is the best. Arrived on time and has great deals.
on July 20, 2014
They fit great and look great, BUT they really stink! My son is only 18 months old and has never (ever!) had a problem with foot odor until this shoe. I have to wash his feet after each use because the smell is so terrible. He can only wear them 2-3 times before I need to put them in the washing machine. What's kind of funny is that Keen prints "anti-odor" on the inside of this shoe... well they need to work on that! Other than the smell, it's a great shoe for early walkers.
on June 15, 2015
My son is just outgrowing his size 5 sneakers and we needed a summer shoe (age 19 months). His dad and I both love our own Newport H2s so when I saw these discounted, I couldn't pass them up! I bought these in a size 6. The length is a little shorter than I expected for one size up. Maybe that's just difference in brand (but come to think of it, I buy my Keens one half size up). And maybe there's more room than I think - it's hard to know where his toes end under the toe cap. Regardless, they fit for now and we love them! He has no trouble walking in them, they stay on his feet, and they have great traction on slippery surfaces (like the pile of ice he found and the wet wooden incline he scaled). His second day wearing them, there was an afternoon thunderstorm. We were outside jumping in puddles soon after, and I didn't have to fret when he went for the mud. They're so easy to clean!
on October 28, 2015
Love it! The actual color is lighter and more vibrant! The inside sole is made of anti-odor material.
review image review image review image