5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly!
Published 13 months ago by good pal

3.0 out of 5 stars As advertised. No more, no less.
I inserted a micro SD card, charged the unit, and tested it. Windows XP correctly identified the device and installed the correct USB mass storage driver. The fob showed up in explorer (file manager) with the jpg image and avi video files in separate folders. Both played without any problems.
The image quality is poor, but no less than expected for a pinhole camera...
Published 6 months ago by Dan Zeitlin

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly!, October 9, 2013
This review is from: YKS 808 KEYCHAIN Key Chain High Resolution 720 x 480 Mini Camera CAM Video Recorder DVR Camcorder (Electronics)
Hey! I got this in the mail earlier than expected all the way from hong kong. It came with instructions which is a little out of order but it sorta easy to understand so read it out loud to yourself or read it quitely repeat the steps and work with the device and you have no problem! I had a hard time with the device at first I thought it was broken but I kept reading the instructions over and over again until I had em all memorized! When I checked it on my computer all the pictures and video that I took was there I did everything right! Trust me this little camera works! Although the quaility of the picture and video is not too good not too bad its ok but its worth the money! Although when it came I already have the micro sd card I bought it at a Frys Electronices so try to look for that nearby you. Just to let you know try to stick in the sd card real hard until you hear a little click and there your ready to go! If you want to view the videos and photos you took you need a modern PC like a windows 7, Mac, or windows vista. I happen to have a windows 7 so it views perfectly! I just wanted to let you all know before buying this that you need a modern computer, repeat the steps and a a micro sd card which is sold separately. Hope this review was helpful when buying this you'll get the hang of this trust me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't really beat the price, December 11, 2013
I got this to use on my RC airplanes. here's my initial impressions; Pretty good, but not perfect.

The cost is the obvious main benefit. This thing is super cheap and tiny. It's great for attaching to an airplane with minimal weight and cost. The resolution is adequate, but I'll keep my eye out for a 720p or 1080p version in the future. The device was slow to transfer files from it to my PC via USB. It doesn't bother me much, but it was surprising that it took 5 minutes to transfer a 1.3 GB file.

On that note, I recorded my drive to work this morning, which is about a 25 minute drive and it took up 1.3GB of space on my card. There's no changing the recording settings, so this averages out to about 50 MB/min of video recording. I feel like that's a bit much considering the quality you get...but a bigger SD card will probably make all those issues non-existent. oh yes, and it outputs the file in AVI format, so no hassling with some obscure or proprietary video format later. That's nice.

My only other gripe is the time stamp. This thing is constantly in the bottom right of your video and (without hacking the camera), there's no way to remove it. You can update the time stamp by placing a appropriately-formatted txt file into the root of the SD card, but you'd need to do this each and every day you record to have it save appropriately. This is just dumb. I'm too lazy to continually update the txt file, so all my videos show a time stamp from the wrong date. It'd be nice if there was a way to just remove it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great; amazing technology, April 12, 2013
I bought one of these from a Chinese seller, crossing my fingers that it would work. But I only spent $15 total, mini SD card and all, so wasn't too much of a risk. Well the camera works just as advertised, and I am pleased with it. I still can't get over how they can make a camera like this in a little key fob.

3.0 out of 5 stars As advertised. No more, no less., May 3, 2014
The image quality is poor, but no less than expected for a pinhole camera with the advertised resolution.
I bought this unit to fly on a small RC quad helicopter. I think it will work fine for that purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, January 2, 2014
Not a true 808. Crashed my Windows Desktop upon USB connection. Resolution is not 720p. Bad grainy. Not worth a dollar much less 9. Opened it up its doesn't match any of the 808 designs. To bad I can't give it zero stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its not amazing but it does work, February 15, 2014
Little confusing, but they do work, low light they are pretty bad. If you are buying a camera for under 10$, youve got to expect it to not be AMAZING.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for Duty, October 6, 2013
It works great and fits where I needed it. Easy to use and fun .I saw people useing them on RC Helicopters
so I do to.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, February 26, 2014
fast shipping; well packaged; Original instructions are poorly written; but came with a seprate instructions that are good. Just one problem the camera charges and it will not stop charging; I was reading about doing a hard re-start. but for the money. it's ok

4.0 out of 5 stars g, January 5, 2014
I really like this. You can record anything and even take pictures. It's a great gadget to have and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's worth $10, January 5, 2014
I give this 5 stars because of the price and that it met my expectations. The people that are leaving negative reviews about the video quality are stupid. You paid $10 or less for a miniature camera. Don't use this to record irreplaceable videos of your daughter's first steps or anything because this is far from a movie quality camera but it is perfect for those times when you need to record something while being discreet. The pictures aren't worth taking due to bad quality but the video isn't bad at all. I bought one recently and it worked just fine so I decided to buy two more, one as a backup and the other for a friend. I think this is the #9 version. Check out this website for more information on these cameras [...]