4.0 out of 5 stars A SmartCover for half the price (with back cover too)
Published on June 2, 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars unexpected bad quality
Published on October 24, 2012 by RussellWilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A SmartCover for half the price (with back cover too), June 2, 2012
This review is from: KHOMO ® DUAL CASE Grey Cover FRONT + Gray Poly-carbonate BACK Protector for Apple iPad 2 , iPad 3 & iPad 4 (The new iPad HD) (Electronics)
I bought the Khomo Dual Case a month ago to protect the second-hand iPad 2 I bought at the same time, also through Amazon. I really like the design of the Apple SmartCover- conceptually brilliant, super slim, and removable (I have children!) - but it is just too pricey and does not protect the iPad's metal back. I scoured the reviews to find the right cover, finally choosing the Khomo. It's half the price of the original and has a matching back cover.

The front cover is functionally similar to the Apple product. The magnets attach strongly at the back and opening and closing the cover switches iPad on and off. What I really liked was that the cover can be folded with the microfiber side facing inwards. Another cover I tried (unbranded and not from Amazon) would only hold in place with the microfiber facing outwards, which seemed dumb because it would get dirty and might pick up grit which, on closing, could scratch the screen. I must qualify this point however: if you want to stand the iPad upright, say to watch a movie, the cover has to be folded with the fibre lining facing outwards, otherwise it could fall over. This does not bother me because I use the device only in the raise-the-back-to-type-comfortably mode. In this mode, the magnets hold strongly.

The back cover has an inch-wide band of fibre along the top inside. The rest is unlined. I would have preferred a full fiber lining inside the back cover, but the absence of this is probably not serious.

Why not 5 stars? Well the item I received has some minor imperfections on the front. Two small bubbles are visible under the polyurethane front cover, suggesting something went wrong with the bonding. You have to look closely but as someone who pays attention to details, for me they mar an otherwise excellent product. Even so, at the price, I would still buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., April 5, 2012
Received it today and am happy with it so far. Paid $9.99 plus shipping. Back cover fits my iPad 3, although it took a little bit of working the edges to get them to snap in place. Smart Cover standby/wake up seems to work properly. Quality seems adequate, but not expecting it to last forever. Back cover/Smart Cover will protect from scratches but not from mishandling/dropping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits iPad 3. Exactly what I was looking for!, April 23, 2012
Great case. It's effectively a 3rd party smart cover AND protective back for half the price of an apple brand smart cover alone. If you like the smart cover and the functionality it provides, but also want to protect the back of your iPad and save money, you should definitely get this case. Also, this case is a perfect fit for the new iPad. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap alternative to the "Smart Cover", October 3, 2012
I have had this case for about 6 months and it is holding up great. It is basically a Smart Cover with an extra shell to cover the back. It is much cheaper than the overpriced Apple alternative, and it about the same quality. I compared it to my brothers authentic Smart Cover and they were identical, except for the Khomo logo pressed into the corner, which doesn't bother me. This is a great case, and would be worth it even if it didn't include the back cover, which just makes it a steal. Buy buy buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, beautiful, slim case with back, December 26, 2012
Price, slimness, functionality, all rolled into this case. I've been using it now for a few months and so far I don't have any real complaints.

One thing is that the grey color is getting a bit dirty but really this case is half the price of apples "official" and it also includes the back cover. Can't go wrong. Would buy again. A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars AFFORDABLE and good, December 9, 2012
Love that I found this brand of this case. Apples' is so expensive, may be slightly nicer product, but i didn't even take a go on the apple because of the price. This one is affordable and is working great so far. very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Use it everyday, December 6, 2012
This cover fits my iPad perfectly and looks great. I love the gray color and how slim the case is.

2.0 out of 5 stars unexpected bad quality, October 24, 2012
I purchased this product several month ago and it fits the new ipad (now the old?). The back cover is thicker than expected but the corners crack without dropping the ipad. The front cover works for about one or two months and then the magnet on the hinge came off. I put it back with some glue. Then the connecting part between the aluminum hinge and the cover became loose. You can actually move the cover up and down relative to the hinge. Really annoying and no way to fix.

1.0 out of 5 stars but the two parts can't connect or lock together like the oter cover we have, April 29, 2014
Something's wrong. We received ours a few weeks ago and finally tried to use it, i.e. attach it to the ipad, but the two parts can't connect or lock together like the oter cover we have.

How many pieces are there to this order? We got two. There's no way to connect the back and the front. The other covers we have contain 3 parts. I think we're missing a rail or stick that hooks the front cover to the side. I don't know for sure. Could someone clarify how to assemble it, or fix this incomplete shipment?

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, March 22, 2014
Good fit, I like the texture of the back case. Smart Cover works well, has held up to work environment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›