Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 28, 2012
Weak magnets makes this nearly non-functional. I should have gotten the real Apple smart cover...
88 comments|198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2012
I bought this case for my 3rd generation ipad (the New Ipad). For those that complain about this case doesn't fit well, there is a trick to snapping in the back protector. First you insert the edge opposite of the volume control into the case. Then you snap in the volume control edge. The magnetic cover stays on pretty good but a bump can indeed dislodge it.

This minimalist case will not save the ipad if you drop it on a concrete floor. But it will protect your ipad from getting scratched up from everyday use.
on May 7, 2012
The design for the front part of the cover is exactly ripped off of the Apple cover. However, it doesn't stay on, and keeps falling off. We bought two, and both of them had the same problem The back piece works well, but you can buy those separately for much cheaper. I do not recommend this.
on December 7, 2011
I've had this item for ~ 1 month now.
It is overall a good back and smart cover for scratch protection. Can't say for drops.

As delivered, the back cover fit on perfectly. Smart cover attached well and front magnets hold the cover closed (even if held upside down). Green color is nice.

More recently, the "folds" of the cover (into the triangular bases) don't seem as rigid/strong as when first used and it doesn't take much force to collapse it down now. Edges of the smart-cover are starting to fray a little bit, but magnets are still holding cover closed without issue.

My one issue that I learned that I could not accept is that the smart cover detached too easily (kids you know) away from the iPad. I ended swapping out the back cover for the ZUM Ultimate SC (totally compatible without modifications) so now, even if kids pick it up by cover only - it doesn't detach/fall.
on August 15, 2012
I was in search of a thin/low profile case for my iPad because I really prefer the sleek design of the iPad (I went sans-case for a long time and would prefer it, but my propensity to drop it begged to differ). This case has been perfect! I love that you can see the back of the iPad through the case while adding a fun pop of color. I already had a green smart cover, so I did continue to use that (as opposed to the one provided). The smart covers in general come off too easily for my likely, especially when folded up to create a stand, but that is independent of this product.

It has repeatedly saved the corners of my iPad from further damage, and withstood several drops on various surfaces. It has a very small crack in one corner from when I dropped it onto concrete on that corner, but it's barely noticeable, does not effect the functionality of the cover, and surely saved my iPad from more damage.

I would buy this again in an instant.. but lucky for me it withstands the abuse!
on December 4, 2011
The best thing about this case is the perfect fit of the back cover. The color is great, and the magnet holds the front cover on well. The front cover does not lay flat against the screen and although the screen wakes up when the flap is opened, it does not sleep when the top cover is first closed. I will go back to my red apple cover, for now. Too bad because it is a very cute case.
on March 23, 2012
Very cool cover especially the back cover which you can see the aple color in my lime green. Love the fact the it closes the iPad and gets out of sleep mode instantly when you open it The only thing it need work on it keep the iPad in the recline mode it easily falls out of place
on February 11, 2013
I am actually surprised by the 50/50 comments on this product.. i guess its just by batches?

I found my to be fine, it gets the job done. Like the green and the backing is nice. My magnets work find, turns on and off my ipad 2 fine. the product itself stays on fine and gets the job done, that is what matters.

the only minus side i find on this is that when i open smart cover and totally turn the smart cover behind the ipad.. i find that the magnet hits the back of the ipad and sometimes shuts it off.. I'm not sure if that is just a REALLY STRONG magnet.. or just that it is a flaw in the design.

either way, i just fold the smart cover in half and i have no problems when i have it behind the ipad so the magnet is not even on that side at all. and its honestly not a huge problem or biggie. if anything by doing that, it gives more leverage for me to hold the ipad w/ one hand (left) w/ the double the size of the smart cover then since its folded.
on April 25, 2012
To begin, the back case is the cheapest piece of plastic that I have ever seen. I paid $600 for an Ipad and am supposed to trust a flimsy, bendable piece of thin plastic to keep it safe? It barely stays on and for $25 dollars I expected way more than gladware for the back case.
Next, the smartcover refuses to stay on because the magnets adhering it to the Ipad are weak. Whenever I try to get it to fold into its triangled shape to support my Ipad at an angle, it either comes off completely, will not stay in its triangle form or slips out from underneath the ipad. When the smartcover maintains its triangular shape and you go to flatten it to make it cover the Ipad's screen it comes off completely!
Up until a few days ago, this product's reviews on Amazon were almost stellar, however, when I went back today to rate mine, I saw 5 new ratings for the case all from the past 3 days that were ALL 2 stars or 1 star! Had I seen those the day I was planning on purchasing, I would have never chosen this case. Obviously, since these horrible ratings have come within the past few days, I can only assume the quality of this round of products has been quite disappointing and that I am not the only one who feels ripped off.
Finally, my case arrived to me in a timely manner, however it was in a manilla envelope that was beat to hell by the time it arrived to me. It had already been torn open and had numerous gashes in it exposing my case. For $5 in shipping, I expected better, at least a small box. The price to send a manilla envelope with a product that weighs literally less than 8 ounces is practially $1 and for the money I was charged, I am furious at the quality as well as the shipment of my case.
I have already emailed Onix-electronics and pitched a well deserved fit. Dont buy it if youre looking for quality.
on March 30, 2012
I really liked this set - the back cover is great and fits perfectly if you snap it into place correctly. The cover works as well, however it works too well. The magnets on the cover does provide enough strength to put the device into hibernation, however it hibernates it when the cover is flipped back as well - through the device. It interferes with my use of my iPad so much, I now have to get the real Apple iPad cover if i want to us it while it is still attached - which is a benefit so you don't lose the cover. It impacts my video watching, surfing the Web, running any app - will randomly send my device into hibernate mode. Becuase of this, we won't be using the cover, which is very dissapointing.

See 1 answered question