KHOMO: Blue HARD Rubberized (not cheap soft TPU silicone) Polycarbonate Case Compatible with Apple iPad 2 and new iPad 3 Smart Cover (Smart Cover Companion Case)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with Smart Cover cases.
- All jacks, ports and buttons are accessible without removing case
- This is the Hard PU Version. This is MUCH better than the TPU Soft Version.
- Enhances the look of your iPad in a sleek way
- Khomo Brand.
Top Customer Reviews
The Khomo Rubberized Polycarbonite Case fits the bill. It does everything I want in a protective case Here's my list of "Likes".
-Perfect fit. Snaps on, stays on.
-Keeps the slim form factor.
Protects all sides of the Ipad.
Works perfectly with my Smartcover.
-Cut outs are well done. I don't have a dock so I can't say whether it will work with one and the earphone cutout might be tight with a non OEM plug but it works perfectly with the Apple earbuds.
-Case has a rubberized coating on the exterior that adds just enough of a tackiness to give better grip than the Ipad case would, but I wouldn't describe it as "sticky".
-Has a slightly raised edge that would keep the screen off any flat surface if laid screen side down without the Smartcover.
- Works with a screen protector. Doesn't interfere or cause the edges to pull away from the screen.
-When the Smartcover is closed on the Ipad, the cover sits flush with the raised edges of the case. Good fit so the Smartcover won't be accidently lifted off the Ipad surface by one of it's edges if it were to get hung up on something. Makes lifting the Smartcover case slightly more difficult but I don't mind it. Just lift it from the connector cutout.
-Can't beat the $4.99 price.Read more ›
I was looking for a standard flat black cover that offered looks as well as protection, tending to stay away from the leathery portfolio covers that I feel subtract from the overall tablet-feel of the iPad 2. I found the Khomo Hard Rubberized Polycarbonate Case; exactly what I was looking for. The cover itself feels very strong (as polycarbonate plastic should) but at the same time thin enough not to be intrusive. The smooth, soft plastic is very inviting & offers the user comfort while holding their iPad 2. The case leaves all ports, switches, buttons & speakers exposed for easy compatibility. I've heard the magnetic screen covers offered by Apple are a tight fit, but I can't comment personally on this because I don't use one.
The simple black elegance of the Khomo is a perfect example of beauty achieved through simplicity. It complements the sleek design of the iPad 2 flawlessly. After snapping it into place I couldn't help but admire it for a few minutes.Read more ›
The case snapped on to the iPad easily and securely, even while the Smart Cover was attached, and all the cutouts lined up perfectly. The quality appears to be excellent in fit and finish, and seems to be a very durable case.
But there are two nagging issues that bother me:
1) The case actually aligns and mates with the edges of the Smart Cover too perfectly as it is now very difficult to open the cover unless I have long, sharp nails (which I don't) to get between the Smart Cover and the case. The only way I can readily open the cover is at the cutout for the data/power cable located at the bottom. It would be better if they provided a cutout or slight "thumb" depression in the middle of the long edge (opposite side of the Smart Cover hinge) to allow a finger to lift the Smart Cover open.
2) Although the case is wonderfully thin adding little bulk and size to the iPad, it is of sufficient thickness to interfere with the magnets that keep the Smart Cover secured in the open position. When holding the iPad in my hand, I have to ensure I wrap my fingers on the Smart Cover to prevent it from simply dangling freely which would make it easier for the Smart Cover to drop off given sufficient inertial motion or bumping. Embedding a thin strip of metal/magnet within the case should restore the Smart Cover's ability to be secured when open.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Definitely product was or even more than it was advertised. Product still works . Very good feel.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
My smart cover ow falls off very, very easy. It is not cut out enough for a secure fit for the cover. I have an iPad mimi !Published 3 months ago by Freespirit625
You get what you pay for. I bought this case hoping to provide basic protection to the back of my iPad when I set it down. The case did that. Read morePublished 5 months ago by deewan
This shell is built tough and has a nice rubber texture to it. It also is designed to work with the Apple smart cover, which I would recommend. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Brock W. Volio
It was pretty good. leaves room for a smart cover if you want to attach onePublished 13 months ago by GHaze